Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NHL Reverse Retros

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: NHL Reverse Retros

- I really like the HABS jersey. I have always wanted to see that.
    - The Canucks missed the mark in a huge way.
    - The Avs are fantastic.
    - NYI didn't want to play the game.
    - Purple and gold look great together. Go Kings Go!

- The Wings could have done so much more. This one is the most disappointing. The Wings had a blank cheque to move the brand forward and they did little with it. I know that the Wings have stayed very true to their roots over that past 90 years and I am not asking them to move too far outside their comfort zone, but this attempt was pretty lame.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Titan

Detroit not doing anything is actually kinda nice to see? I dunno, I like the idea of Detroit always having the same logo (preettyyy much).

I get they could have done the Leafs thing where this is the "new era" where changing things, doing stuff off the ice, and what not to make it look like you're turning a new leaf and becoming a good team. But I just expect Detroit to stay normal with their jerseys. And Yzerman heading that group now, being a former player of the team, would continue that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

^^ I mean, yes I like the Wings consistent look. I would have liked to see them do something more with the red and white and (maybe) silver rather than a white practice jersey. But, what is done is done. Maybe the Wings wear white pants and silver helmets and the minimalist looks makes the red in the logo really pop.

Dobber Sports Icon

I like most of the jerseys but can somebody explain the concept here? Aside from a money grab, I’m not sure I understand the concept of reverse retro?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    I like most of the jerseys but can somebody explain the concept here? Aside from a money grab, I’m not sure I understand the concept of reverse retro?
    Money is the only concept

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Ana: C+ Colors are nice, the font is terrible, the logo is awful.
    Ari: B It's different and out there but at least they are embracing the silly. Looks more like a minor league team so it fits in Arizona
    Bos: B- It looks like a Bruins jersey. I like the Bear should patch.
    Buf: B- Logo is too big, writing Buffalo in the bottom stripe looks like the team sold an ad but I do love the colors.
    Cgy: C+ The flaming horsehead is not something I like. They also lose points for taking a picture of a guy with a giant hoodie under the jersey
    Car: B- It's hard not to love the Whalers logo but they've been in Carolina for 23 years. It's time to move on and let Hartford stay in Hartford.
    Chi: F It's time to move on from their logo. There is no way they should be releasing a new jersey with that logo on the front of it.
    Col: B- They've been in Colorado for 25 years. They are not the Quebec Nordiques anymore.
    Cbj: C+ I have a full team autographed version of this jersey in my closet. It wasn't a great jersey then and it's worse in red
    Dal B- Stars should not be written in silver. It should be gold if anything. I like the star striping though as it's unique
    Det: F This is terrible. The Red Wing practice jerseys are better than this.
    Edm: A This should be their regular road jersey.
    Fla: B+ I like this one more than I should.
    LA: A+ Pretty much perfect.
    Min: A- Tough to go wrong with one of the best logos in sports and going green and gold.
    Mon: B+ It's different but they are le bleu, blanc et rouge.
    Nas: C- Nobody liked the mustard when it came out and it's not any better today. I do like the striping on the sleeves though.
    NJD: A This should be their every day sweater. They should never have left the Christmas colors.
    NYI: C These look just like their regular jerseys with wider stripes.
    NYR: D+ Logo is good, font is good, having nothing but a 3 color stripe on the sleeve is boring. They should have went with no stripes at all and just a solid blue shirt with a logo, name and numbers on it.
    Ott: C+ They get points for the in-stripe arm numbers but the rest is just ok.
    Phi: B+ I like these a lot. I am not sure my thoughts on the wrap around stripe on the elbow but I think I will like it in action.
    Pit: C- Boring. Pittsburgh is too long to be written diagonally across a chest.
    SJ: B Is light grey a home or road color? Outside of that I think the jersey if pretty solid.
    StL: C Their team name is a color, the main color of the colored jerseys should be that color. I do like the striping/bottom panel design though
    TB: C It looks just like the Toronto sweater. Nothing special about it.
    Tor: C I don't like one stripe running from wrist to wrist. I also don't like blue numbers on a blue jersey.
    Van: D+ Gradient colors were never a good decision. Going back to a bad choice is not a good decision
    VGK: C+ I like the striping but the league does not need more red jerseys.
    Was: A- The eagle logo is the one my minor hockey association used for a while so they get nostalgia points for that. The should patches get them bonus points and non linear striping with the chest lining up to the sleeve gets more points
    Wpg: B- I like the charcoal color but I don't like the all the way down the sleep stripes

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ^^ I mean, yes I like the Wings consistent look. I would have liked to see them do something more with the red and white and (maybe) silver rather than a white practice jersey. But, what is done is done. Maybe the Wings wear white pants and silver helmets and the minimalist looks makes the red in the logo really pop.
    Yaaaa I don't love Detroit either. Definitely a practise jersey vibe. But I like the idea about the white pants / gloves.

I don't like any of the red jerseys. So StL, Washington, Vegas annnnnnnnnnnd someone else.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you guys want intense logo/uniform analysis, here are a couple good places:

https://www.sportslogos.net/
    https://uni-watch.com/

Personally, I like:
    Coyotes - The dark purple as a night sky works, and it's pretty unique.
    Bruins - It's weird to think they haven't done this already
    Whalers - I admit they aren't the Whalers, but it is part of the team's history, and I'm not crapping on what is a top 5 all-time logo for a US pro team.
    Nordiques - it looks really good in those colors, and it's part of the team's history, but I'm less thrilled with it, due to Quebec looking for a team, and the logo not being Whalers level good.
    Oilers - nice color swap.
    Panthers - Ilike the blue background
    Kings - purple & gold >>> black and white
    Wild - This is a home run, where you take the old team colors and use the current logo. Unlike the Whalers/Nordiques, the Wild have no direct link to the North Stars.
    Canadiens - it makes so much sense, and I have a feeling it may get too much hate.
    Flyers - this will actually look better on the ice than the old version with the white yoke/sleeves.
    Sharks - looks good, hard to pull off grey
    Golden Knights - When you don't have anything to throw back to, you need to find some sort of inspiration, and a jersey worn by Manon Rheaume works for me.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Man -some really really good stuff there!

Favorites right off the bat - Hartford! The Wild with North Star colors is fantastic. The Nordiques with the Avalanche colors is one of the best jerseys I've ever seen.
    Yup... totally agree. And also with Rataylor22 , canes logo with whalers colours would have been great. But I also think the Whalers logo is one of the most creative of all time!

Dobber Sports Deity

I torn on the Avalanche jersey. I think it looks great, but it's kind of a kick in the nuts to actual Nordique fans and the city of Quebec City, who lost their franchise and are trying desperately to get it back. Similar to Hartford although they arent trying to get a NHL team back.

I really like Minny jersey using the color scheme from the old North Stars. I also like the Devils jersey. Same for the LA Kings although I would have loved to see the old Crown in the middle of the jersey.

I think Lou just kinda looked at the NHL and gave him them the finger and said we aren't playing. Same with Jeremy Jacobs in Boston.

Arizona's is just odd.

Anyone else find it weird that Vegas even has a retro jersey??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I torn on the Avalanche jersey. I think it looks great, but it's kind of a kick in the nuts to actual Nordique fans and the city of Quebec City, who lost their franchise and are trying desperately to get it back. Similar to Hartford although they arent trying to get a NHL team back.

I really like Minny jersey using the color scheme from the old North Stars. I also like the Devils jersey. Same for the LA Kings although I would have loved to see the old Crown in the middle of the jersey.

I think Lou just kinda looked at the NHL and gave him them the finger and said we aren't playing. Same with Jeremy Jacobs in Boston.

Arizona's is just odd.

Anyone else find it weird that Vegas even has a retro jersey??
    Axe I agree with every single one of your observations.

The Islanders isn't even a retro jersey haha.

Minnesota's is awesome. Although I saw a pic online where someone photoshopped the Subway logo onto it. Pretty funny.

And YES Vegas is very weird. And so many questions. Why is there so much red? Were the swords put in after the MAF debacle? Does Vegas wish the NHL announced these jerseys before they debuted their first third jersey? I feel like that gold one is much better than this "retro". I know it probably wouldn't happen but imagine they tried to do a tie in with the Raiders and made their retro jersey Silver and Black? I feel like that would look really cool. Especially with silver gloves.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya the bad, or simple jerseys will depend on how the other equipment matches it. Tom Wilson (Caps) instagramed a pic of himself wearing the Caps jersey and they are using blue pants, blue/white/red gloves. Looks good together.

The only thing these simple jerseys have going bad for them is, they look like Canadian Tire jerseys, or beer case jerseys on their own. Which, typically, are for original 6 teams with a lot of money who don't care about these gimmicks because their fans just buy jerseys depending on the name on the back, and not the look of the jersey.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Scott Lazerus at the Athletic ran a article today ranking the jerseys

NHL Reverse Retro jersey power rankings: From sublime to subpar to the Islanders

His closing lines still have me giggling

The Islanders didn’t even try. It’s like they forgot the assignment was due and so they just called up Mariusz Czerkawski and asked if he had any old jerseys lying around they could borrow.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Scott Lazerus at the Athletic ran a article today ranking the jerseys

NHL Reverse Retro jersey power rankings: From sublime to subpar to the Islanders

His closing lines still have me giggling
    the isles went back to their roots with their current home-away set so they are already retro fwiw . That jersey put out for the reverse retro is the base colors of the jersey from the Yashin-Peca era but some striping is different and the lettering on the nameplate is double stitched (white with orange trim)so there are some differences .

the isles could have played along by going with an orange colored jersey akin to the oilers 3rd's

Dobber Sports Genius

^^ Butch man. Don’t even try to defend this one. Each team was given a blank cheque to make something crazy. The Islanders didn’t even attempt to play the game. Something as simple as their current jersey in lighthouse blue would have seen the Islanders places in the win column yesterday.