Thread: HELP Whittling down my 10 Farm Keepers

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default HELP Whittling down my 10 Farm Keepers

Hey Dobberites. Inaugural draft just completed for this new league (NOT in sig).

16 team Salary Cap (NHL Cap plus 20%) league with the following scoring cats: G /A / SOG / PPP / Hit / Blk / TSH/PPGA(Time On Ice Short-Handed per Power Play Goal Against (TSH/PPGA) That last one is an interesting one.
    All cats are weighted at "1"

The inaugural draft was super interesting where you drafted two teams Forwards, two team D and Two Team G and you can make up your 23 Active Player / 10 Farm Eligible of any of those players on those teams.

I drafted Toronto and Anaheim Forwards / Tampa and Calgary D / and Toronto and Ottawa Goalies.

Active Roster includes:
    C - Matthews, Tavares, Henrique and Steel.
    L - Rakell, Hyman, Mikheyev, Max Jones
    R - Marner, Silfverberg, Nylander, Heinen
    D - Hedman, Sergachev, Cernak, Hanifin, Andersson, Valimaki
    Util - lw/rw Comtois(Minors eligible), lw/C Robertson(Minors Eligible) and G Matt Murray
    G - Andersen, Campbell

FARM
    c - Zegras
    C - Perreault
    C - Abramov
    C - Abruzzese
    C - Lundestrom
    C - Hallander
    LW - Tracey
    RW - Amirov
    D - Foote
    C - Der-Arguchintsev
    RW - Terry
    G - Ian Scott

Need to Carve my Farm by 1 players. Both Comtois and Robertson are also farm eligible but until trading opens up, I'm assigning them to the active roster to help with Cap Management.

1) Which ONE of the guys listed on my Farm would you Carve off?
    2) Did I miss the boat on any of the kept Active guys in your opinion? I'm currenting projected to be $4M over cap but will trade to address that (maybe show Dubas what Nylander can be turned into! )

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by havanablast21; November 16, 2020 at 2:52 PM. Reason: Re-added Halander to the roster per EB's suggestion

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: HELP Whittling down my 10 Farm Keepers

C - Der-Arguchintsev
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Scott would probably be my cut. I can see an argument for SDA as well. That being said I also want to find a way to fit Hallander in, so maybe cut both for Hallander.

Kerfoot over Henrique is worth looking into as well.

Hanifin is also someone I would look to trade. The name value and cap hit are higher than the production.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Also Ottawa has some interesting goalie prospects that I would definitely go with over SDA or Scott. Up to you though in the end.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thank you so far guys. Both very valued opinions.

I too was thinking SDA. Not sure the same magic exists in the Pro's should SDA eventually make it and C Robertson's line. Thanks Lucafen!

And EB, Scott was exactly who I was thinking as well (along side SDA). With Andersen on his final year and Murray making over $6M, I was hoping to lock down some Goalie Depth. But this league is only 16 teams and if Scott was a worthy drop on WHL where 15 kids are rostered I could probably find better out there on the FA market.

I was actually surprised about the Hallander comment. He hasn't really been blowing the socks off as a Penguin Prospect and I'm unsure why that's changed now that he's with the Leafs. but truth be told, I haven't really studied up on him much.

Thanks EB

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I was actually surprised about the Hallander comment. He hasn't really been blowing the socks off as a Penguin Prospect and I'm unsure why that's changed now that he's with the Leafs. but truth be told, I haven't really studied up on him much.
    Maybe I'm over selling him, but he's been on my radar for a while. Take a second look anyways, but you don't have to listen to me

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Don't have to no. But often get hooked on your opinion...yes. lol.

Thanks again Alex

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Huh, think I recognize this league, guess I'll return the favour with my 2 cents

With how much the leafs play Andersen I'd cut Campbell to move up someone like Zegras or Terry for an extra prospect slot, then drop Scott and Der-Arguchintsev for Groulx and Sogaard. If you're set on three goalies on your active roster then I'd drop Hallander instead to bring you down to 10 at that point.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)