Thread: Meier Outlook

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Meier Outlook

I'm in a non-bangers league, what is Meier's outlook going forward?

He obviously broke out in a big way in 18/19, then regressed last year (though finished with 17 pts in last 18 games in Feb/Mar).

He is 24 now, but still only has 263 games under his belt.

4th year is typical time for break out, he happened to have his after 115 games in the league.

His ice time went up last year, but PP time was still hit or miss and the Sharks brought back Lebanc.

Are people still bullish on him in keeper formats, given his pedigree and production so far?

I'm struggling to assess what I think he'll do going forward, and if he fits into my plans or I should explore other options within, problem is the contract he had when I acquired him (costs $ to buy out, or I could trade him with a pick to a team that would buy him out).

I think I need to know for sure when the season will be starting, and how Seguin's recovery is going, and look at Dobber's Fantasy Guide before I have a better feel for what I might do outside of Hall, Draisaitl and Quinn Hughes (since we are keep 4 + rookie carry-over).

My only existing contract was Draisaitl (so he will be 3 yr going into 20/21), the other guys including Hughes I got all of them via trade, so I have options slotting wise but you can't shorten a contract, can only leave the same or top up if you have a slot open.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Meier Outlook

I view him as a 30-30 type guy with upswings and downswings. Some years could be more points, some year less, but I think that 30-30 will be close to average for him. I don't know how your league works as far as contracts go. It says in your signature that it's not a cap league but you say it costs $ to buy him out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I view him as a 30-30 type guy with upswings and downswings. Some years could be more points, some year less, but I think that 30-30 will be close to average for him. I don't know how your league works as far as contracts go. It says in your signature that it's not a cap league but you say it costs $ to buy him out.
    I have it in my signature, we're a keep 4 plus rookie carry-over. So our general slotting is 4 yr, 3 yr, 2 yr, 1 yr. Obviously that was to begin with, but due to trades and such you don't end up with every team with that slotting, and our league has also been running for a decade +.

And yes, there is a penalty for a buyout in the form of money but there are no salaries in my league. It is just 50$/year of contract if you go that route, you can't just nix a contract you don't like for free lol.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I have it in my signature, we're a keep 4 plus rookie carry-over. So our general slotting is 4 yr, 3 yr, 2 yr, 1 yr. Obviously that was to begin with, but due to trades and such you don't end up with every team with that slotting, and our league has also been running for a decade +.

And yes, there is a penalty for a buyout in the form of money but there are no salaries in my league. It is just 50$/year of contract if you go that route, you can't just nix a contract you don't like for free lol.
    But if it's not a cap league, how is a penalty charged? Where is the $150 coming off of? I dont understand that part.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    But if it's not a cap league, how is a penalty charged? Where is the $150 coming off of? I dont understand that part.
    it's real $$ the GM pays into the pot.

So no cap, but a real financial penalty for breaking contracts
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it's real $$ the GM pays into the pot.

So no cap, but a real financial penalty for breaking contracts
    Correct, thanks Lucafen! There is a team that is desperate for picks that would take him on and buy him out but he wants a 4th lol.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would also say 30-30 sounds about right as an average. I can see him in the 55-70 pt range with 25-30 goals per season. If he can gain a little more ice time than the ~17 min with secondary PP time he’s seen the last two seasons then I’d raise that floor and upside a smidge.