Thread: Dubois vs Gusev

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Dubois vs Gusev

Points only. Dubois, Suzuki or Gusev?

I can keep 3 forwards and a fourth “Jr keeper” forward can be kept who has played 4 yrs or less. 12 forwards in total in a 12 team league. My 3 keeper forwards are Marchand, Aho and Scheifele. This would be Dubois’s last Jr. eligible year. I have stockpiled a lot of draft picks and would like to take a run at first this upcoming season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Dubois vs Gusev

That’s a good one. Pts only, pretty sure Suzuki is the guy to keep....
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd keep Dubois. Suzuki is close behind but Dubois is the undisputed top line center in Columbus now and is farther along in his development. I see big things soon.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    I'd keep Dubois. Suzuki is close behind but Dubois is the undisputed top line center in Columbus now and is farther along in his development. I see big things soon.
    Agree with Napoleon here. I actually have Suzuki and Dubois neck and neck. Gusev is more of a wild card. But I preferred the thought of him in Vegas. I’m not confident he actually lives up to his billing in NJ.

Dobber Sports Stud

Very hard to predict because all three still have untapped potential.

Suzuki would be my choice because he has the highest ceiling imo and is already a real-life top-centre in Montreal. He will have great options on his wings to feed pucks, so I like his chances to become a very solid fantasy option.

Gusev is under appreciated right now because he started so slow last season. But his metrics were excellent, and he paced for 55 points with less than 15 minutes of ice-time per game and minimal PP time. It feels like a sleeper situation here, especially since he should get more opportunities in NJ.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm taking PLD here. The clear 1C, albeit on a team that is not known for a ton of offense, Dubois showed us what he's got in the playoffs last season. I think he's going to have a year next season.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by mooger View Post
    Points only. Dubois, Suzuki or Gusev?

I can keep 3 forwards and a fourth “Jr keeper” forward can be kept who has played 4 yrs or less. 12 forwards in total in a 12 team league. My 3 keeper forwards are Marchand, Aho and Scheifele. This would be Dubois’s last Jr. eligible year. I have stockpiled a lot of draft picks and would like to take a run at first this upcoming season.
    Welcome to the boards!

Give me Dubois here.
    While I think Suzuki is primed for great things, Dubois seems to be hitting his next gear while already further along in development and still only 22 years old.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you keep Dubois, you'd be able to keep a different guy you get in the draft that is eligible for that same spot, even perhaps Suzuki, right?

If so, I keep Dubois. If not, I'd keep Suzuki.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Points only - Suzuki
    PLD is a 60-70pt guy... Suzuki has pt/gm potential
    Gusev is in the middle.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Points only - Suzuki
    PLD is a 60-70pt guy... Suzuki has pt/gm potential
    Gusev is in the middle.
    That's putting a lot of expectation on Suzuki. Theres just no way suzuki is ppg next season.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If you keep Dubois, you'd be able to keep a different guy you get in the draft that is eligible for that same spot, even perhaps Suzuki, right?

If so, I keep Dubois. If not, I'd keep Suzuki.
    Thanks. If I redraft Suzuki I could keep him for my Jr keeper spot next season. With the amount of draft picks I have I could target him if I wanted. My inkling is to take Dubois as I agree with some of the people who posted regarding the lock he has on the #1C spot. I think he is a 60ish pt guy next year and if Bjorkstrand were to stay on the same trajectory as well...