Thread: League Commish Issue

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default League Commish Issue

Our league has dropped players automatically become FAs (not waivers). This includes players dropped in trades. We also have trades go through automatically upon commish approval.

Before game time today, our commish approved a trade and then immediately picked up a player dropped in that trade.

Some league members are calling foul play because there was no chance for anyone to pick up this player.

The commish argues that this has been the way trades have been for 9 seasons and while he's never jumped on a player like this, if he waited he thinks someone else would have grabbed him.

No one wants dropped players to go to waivers and no one wants a trade waiting period.

What is our solution here?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: League Commish Issue

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Our league has dropped players automatically become FAs (not waivers). This includes players dropped in trades. We also have trades go through automatically upon commish approval.

Before game time today, our commish approved a trade and then immediately picked up a player dropped in that trade.

Some league members are calling foul play because there was no chance for anyone to pick up this player.

The commish argues that this has been the way trades have been for 9 seasons and while he's never jumped on a player like this, if he waited he thinks someone else would have grabbed him.

No one wants dropped players to go to waivers and no one wants a trade waiting period.

What is our solution here?
    If the league doesn't want a grace period or waivers then in my opinion the issue is on them. As per the rules, the commissioner is 'technically' abiding by them, and there is nothing to stop others from doing the same - the only difference being they'll have to wait for commissioner approval first.

I think it's silly not to have a grace period or waivers, but he's technically done nothing wrong.

Administrator

This is a problem with the rules setup, which gives full advantage to whoever is at their computer when the drop happens. In this case the commissioner was at his computer.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Find a way for the Entire process to be automated and instant not requiring any approval from The Commish and its fixed. But If no one wants waivers or grace period on trades, then there is no need for a solution because I do not see a problem. Commish is also a player so the same rules apply to him. Id tell the rest of your GM’s “tough shit”, suck it up. .

Dobber Sports Master

well according to your league setup he's not doing anything wrong . if many members feel slighted then you need to tweak rulebook so that drops of any kind hit the waiver wire .

as a commish myself I'd feel guilty making that immediate pikup of said drop since I was the one who hit the process trade admin button . for that reason alone(guilty) I'd never have a rule that would allow me to have such an advantage

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thanks guys. We're looking into voting on dropped players go to waivers for 2021.

Dobber Sports Deity

Thanks guys. We're looking into voting on dropped players go to waivers for 2021.
    I think this is the only solution to the problem you're facing today. It's also the fairest way. This way the same guy isn't always snagging the best available just because he's online at the right time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Or just don’t require the commish to approve trades. Are you worried about collusion?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Or just don’t require the commish to approve trades. Are you worried about collusion?
    I believe the only options are Commish approval and League vote. I do not trust people when they have the option to veto.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think this is the only solution to the problem you're facing today. It's also the fairest way. This way the same guy isn't always snagging the best available just because he's online at the right time.
    If you turn on waivers in a league where we already have weekly faab waivers, does that mean every dropped players goes through faab waivers?

Dobber Sports Deity

I believe the only options are Commish approval and League vote. I do not trust people when they have the option to veto.

- - - Updated - - -

If you turn on waivers in a league where we already have weekly faab waivers, does that mean every dropped players goes through faab waivers?
    For me, I'd say yes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."