Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Re-signed] Ryan Pulock

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...02943008493568

NYI and Ryan Pulock have a deal: 2 years, $5M AAV
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: [Re-signed] Ryan Pulock

I'll repeat my comments from 2yrs ago. Long or longer term deal is what Lou should have done. 5m looks good now, but in 2 yrs... he'll ask for more than he would have gotten on a 4 or 5 year deal.

or does this leave Pulock as a UFA in 2yrs - in that case... is he the next to jump ship?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

A lot of short term contracts being handed out due to flat cap I'd say.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This is actually one of the more interesting player contracts to discuss - for anybody up for it.

1. On the surface, we here have all been attentive of Pulock's offensive upside (especially THAT SHOT) for years. And he's finally arrived and been given big billing.
    2. Deeper into the metrics... Pulock's shot counts are actually... NOT good. -270 last year, a team worst. His defense is a bit questionable, from what I've seen.
    3. On top of that, the guy that has really started impressing me - is his most common/recent defensive partner: Adam Pelech. Pelech impresses me in the same way that we were all getting ga-ga about the numbers for Slavin/Pesce a few seasons ago... sort of a who-is-who. And we didn't all know it then (at least I didn't)... but Slavin was the MAN and Pesce was the TAGALONG. After watching Pelech/Pulock, I'm convince that Pelech is the MAN and Pulock is the TAGALONG.

So - we shall see.
    4. For me, it's an overpay by the Isles... but happy to have the shorter term... because I think they are just buying time until Dobson (RD) is ready. But I see Pelech(LH)/Dobson(RH) as a more possible D1 pairing. Bigger question is what they'll need to give to Pelech, who is RFA-arb next summer.

Dobber Sports Titan

Flat cap, Barzal future deal, older players with high cap hits up in 2 yrs all make this move what it is. If they went over 2yrs, Pulock would want more money.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

not too often I catch breaking isles news on dobber boards , bravo isles - ryan

The Great One

Leddy or Ladd headed for a buyout? Both? I don't see where the $$ is coming from for Barzal?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'll repeat my comments from 2yrs ago. Long or longer term deal is what Lou should have done. 5m looks good now, but in 2 yrs... he'll ask for more than he would have gotten on a 4 or 5 year deal.

or does this leave Pulock as a UFA in 2yrs - in that case... is he the next to jump ship?
    Yes it walks him to UFA
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Leddy or Ladd headed for a buyout? Both? I don't see where the $$ is coming from for Barzal?
    buying out ladd doesnt shave much off whatever his buyout cap hit would be . stuffing him into ahl saves them 1.075 though .

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Considering both played in the playoffs, LTIR is not going to be an option, so Lou has some more work to do to create the cap space for Barzal.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    This is actually one of the more interesting player contracts to discuss - for anybody up for it.

1. On the surface, we here have all been attentive of Pulock's offensive upside (especially THAT SHOT) for years. And he's finally arrived and been given big billing.
    2. Deeper into the metrics... Pulock's shot counts are actually... NOT good. -270 last year, a team worst. His defense is a bit questionable, from what I've seen.
    3. On top of that, the guy that has really started impressing me - is his most common/recent defensive partner: Adam Pelech. Pelech impresses me in the same way that we were all getting ga-ga about the numbers for Slavin/Pesce a few seasons ago... sort of a who-is-who. And we didn't all know it then (at least I didn't)... but Slavin was the MAN and Pesce was the TAGALONG. After watching Pelech/Pulock, I'm convince that Pelech is the MAN and Pulock is the TAGALONG.

So - we shall see.
    4. For me, it's an overpay by the Isles... but happy to have the shorter term... because I think they are just buying time until Dobson (RD) is ready. But I see Pelech(LH)/Dobson(RH) as a more possible D1 pairing. Bigger question is what they'll need to give to Pelech, who is RFA-arb next summer.
    Pelech is going to be in same neighbourhood (5 mil) . Trotz loves him .

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Considering both played in the playoffs, LTIR is not going to be an option, so Lou has some more work to do to create the cap space for Barzal.
    clutterbuck might go on ltir to finish off contract . (3.5 aav) + 3.9 remaining cap space post pulock signing + 1.075 x ladd stuffed into ahl = 8.475