Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
Glad you asked. Let me quote The Athletic:

Dom Luszczyszyn wrote about Kahun for The Athletic on the day he wasn’t given a qualifying offer by the Buffalo Sabres, saying “Kahun has proven to be an efficient scorer in his first two seasons. At five-on-five he’s put up 2.07 points per 60, the 69th-best mark among forwards sandwiched between Vladimir Tarasenko and Mathew Barzal.”

Clearly, in two seasons, he's proven he can score playing in a secondary role in his first two seasons. I can't wait to see what he could do with a better opportunity.

As far as comparing him to Rattie, Ty Rattie scored 13 goals in 99 career NHL game. Kahun scored 13 goals his rookie season in Chicago, playing 14 minutes per night on average. You need a better comparison.

I think Toffoli is a solid player and I don't blame anyone for taking him here, but don't do it because you feel Kahun isn't worthy in comparing these two. Both are headed to new situations and both could struggle and both could flourish. I just like the chances for the guy lining up with McDavid or Draisaitl vs one of Montreal's centers.
Great contribution. I do hope he connects! Thanks for sharing that take.