Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toffoli vs Kahun

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Toffoli vs Kahun

In a points only league who would you rather take (one year view), Tyler Toffoli in Montreal or Dominik Kahun in Edmonton?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Toffoli vs Kahun

I'm definitely riding the Kahun train at the moment, but someone/somewhere mentioned 5v5 p/60 numbers for Kahun, and they're an interesting comparison:

Toffoli: 2.05 (1.23 in 2018/2019)
    VAN: 2.44
    LAK: 1.97

Kahun: 2.43 (1.9 in 2018/2019)
    BUF: 3.45
    PIT: 2.31

Kinda regurgitating what I've already read, but feels like Toffoli is the safer bet, his spot in the top 6 is more secure, and he's being paid more like a top 6 forward than Kahun. But if Kahun sticks with either Drai or McJesus, he's probably gonna break out in a big way. Right? Please?!
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Toffoli is the safe bet because he's a bit more proven but Kahun has to be tempting to a lot of people.

For one year, I think I'd gamble on Kahun. I do think they will line him up in the top six. They really dont have better options unless you consider Tyler Ennis a better option (I do not).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Toffoli. Kahun has proven nothing at this level...he was a big scorer in his under 16 league. Waaaayyy to much hype because he and Draistl are buds. He could very well be this season’s Ty Rattie.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Immortal

Toffoli for me as well.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Toffoli, I think if Kahun 'goes off' he gives you Toffoli numbers - 55pts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Toffoli

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

im personally surprised this is even a question. Toffoli.

Kahun at best will be 6th forward option in Edmonton and that is putting him ahead of Neal, Chaison and Kassian.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    im personally surprised this is even a question. Toffoli.

Kahun at best will be 6th forward option in Edmonton and that is putting him ahead of Neal, Chaison and Kassian.
    The sixth forward option is still a top six forward. Whats wrong with that when you know your playing with one of McDavid or Draisaitl.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The sixth forward option is still a top six forward. Whats wrong with that when you know your playing with one of McDavid or Draisaitl.
    Ask Ty Rattrie.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Ask Ty Rattrie.
    Ty Rattie was a flash in the pre-season pan. Kahun has proven himself a bit more than Rattie ever did.

Plus, Rattie didn't have previous experience playing with McDavid or Draisaitl like Kahun does.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Toffoli, I think if Kahun 'goes off' he gives you Toffoli numbers - 55pts.
    Toffoli has had 55 points once in an NHL season and that was in 2015/16.

I think both players would be right around the 50 point mark in a full season. I think Kahun's chances of getting to 60+ are much higher than Toffoli's so I would go with Kahun. Kahun is going to play 5v5 with either Draisaitl (likely) or McDavid (not as likely). Toffoli is either going to be playing on his off-wing on one of the first 2 lines or he will be playing on the 3rd line behind Anderson and Gallagher.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Toffoli. Kahun has proven nothing at this level...he was a big scorer in his under 16 league. Waaaayyy to much hype because he and Draistl are buds. He could very well be this season’s Ty Rattie.
    Have to agree with tweetdrivr. What makes ANYONE think that Kahun will do any better with McD/Drai than any of the other rotations. Don't get me wrong... I hope he does and maybe he's JUST WHAT Dr. McDavid ordered, but until I see it actually happen, I'll take the guy with the longer NHL resume.

But if you want to swing for the fences... Kahun would be a homerun if he connects.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Have to agree with tweetdrivr. What makes ANYONE think that Kahun will do any better with McD/Drai than any of the other rotations. Don't get me wrong... I hope he does and maybe he's JUST WHAT Dr. McDavid ordered, but until I see it actually happen, I'll take the guy with the longer NHL resume.

But if you want to swing for the fences... Kahun would be a homerun if he connects.
    Glad you asked. Let me quote The Athletic:

Dom Luszczyszyn wrote about Kahun for The Athletic on the day he wasn’t given a qualifying offer by the Buffalo Sabres, saying “Kahun has proven to be an efficient scorer in his first two seasons. At five-on-five he’s put up 2.07 points per 60, the 69th-best mark among forwards sandwiched between Vladimir Tarasenko and Mathew Barzal.”

Clearly, in two seasons, he's proven he can score playing in a secondary role in his first two seasons. I can't wait to see what he could do with a better opportunity.

As far as comparing him to Rattie, Ty Rattie scored 13 goals in 99 career NHL game. Kahun scored 13 goals his rookie season in Chicago, playing 14 minutes per night on average. You need a better comparison.

I think Toffoli is a solid player and I don't blame anyone for taking him here, but don't do it because you feel Kahun isn't worthy in comparing these two. Both are headed to new situations and both could struggle and both could flourish. I just like the chances for the guy lining up with McDavid or Draisaitl vs one of Montreal's centers.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not to mention Draisaitl and Kahun having a history of playing together, and Draisaitl (rumoured to have been) pushing for the Oilers to sign Kahun... Bit of a different situation than previous options...
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster