Thread: Spurgeon vs Free Agents

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Spurgeon vs Free Agents

In a cap league totally forgot Spurgeon signed for 7+ mil for probably the rest of his career. Would you drop him (to save cap which need to) for Dillion for 3.9 or johnson for 6 mil. Hits and blocks very much make up for their lack of offense. My other d are pollock Krug gryzlick butcher Hamilton.

Thanks for the help!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Spurgeon vs Free Agents

Yeah, he's a drop, unless you have a league where there's nobody remotely decent ont he wire, and that's not very likely.

To figure out who makes a good add, it'd help to know hat is the league structure: scoring, # of teams, starting lineup, etc. You may not even want a D to replace him, so the whole roster would help.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

League is 20 teams head 2 head 3 points goal 2 assist and .5 both for blocks and hits. As I mentioned before my defence is currently Krug Hamilton gryzlick butcher pullock and Spurgeon. I am trying to save cap somewhere. Dillon would save me almost 3 mil where johnson saves me 1

Dobber Sports Deity

His contract isn't worth it for me. He's someone I'd have no issues dropping. Dillon is a tad expensive himself but he does offer solid peripherals.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    His contract isn't worth it for me. He's someone I'd have no issues dropping. Dillon is a tad expensive himself but he does offer solid peripherals.
    My thinking as well. Not sure Dillon is the best option, but without knowing who else is available he's pencilled in there over Spurgeon.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Noteworthy players that I've found in the fa are dillion,pesce,Johnson,Myers

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick48 View Post
    Noteworthy players that I've found in the fa are dillion,pesce,Johnson,Myers
    Which Myers? Tyler or Philippe?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Sadly its Tyler

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Honestly, I'd look at really cheap guys to replace him.

Is Lehtonen on Toronto there? Anybody with 20 points plus peripherals?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Imo Pesce (who would be my choice out of the names you've listed) is roughly just as overpaid for his performance at 4M as Spurgeron is at 7, so to me it'd be a lateral move at best but it'd be fine in order to cut cap. Personally I'd rather drop Spurgeron for almost any warm body making <2M instead and use those savings somewhere else.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)