Thread: Thielen for Mixon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Thielen for Mixon

I was offered Mixon/Bernard for my Thielen.

I think Mixon is the better player (when healthy) but he has been dinged up. Thielen worries me a little as I don't think his TD% is sustainable and the yards haven't really been there consistently. I'm sitting in good shape at 5-2 with a soft upcoming schedule. 0.5 PPR, if I took the deal, this would be my team (when fully healthy):

QB - Herbert
    WR(3) - Lockett, McLaurin, Cooper
    RB (2) - CEH, Chubb
    Flex (2) - Mixon (or Thielen), C. Davis
    TE - Hurst
    BN - Edmonds, Mattison, Dobbins, J. Williams, J. Jackson (Ertz - IR)

We also have IDP but those are irrelevant to the decision. I have an empty roster spot, so the 2 for 1 is of no impact.

Who would you want, Thielen or the Cincy run game ROS?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Thielen for Mixon

Even with Mixon's health problems, I think you go with him because at his peak, he is the best player in the deal. I don't think Thielen can be a big-week winner in the playoffs, his week to week production should have a narrower delta. You want the guy who can get you 100 yds and 2 TDs, which Mixon can do.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Thielen for Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Even with Mixon's health problems, I think you go with him because at his peak, he is the best player in the deal. I don't think Thielen can be a big-week winner in the playoffs, his week to week production should have a narrower delta. You want the guy who can get you 100 yds and 2 TDs, which Mixon can do.
    Thanks! That was along my thought train as well. I went ahead and accepted right before kickoff today and I'm glad I did. After Gio went off and Thielen had a dud he may have pulled the offer!