Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: US election thread?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: US election thread?

If you listen closely you can feel the Panic in the democratic party: https://vimeo.com/169935233

Trump Landslide
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I personally see this as a benefit. A mass influx of smart, well-educated, hardworking, financially secure people? Sign me up.

This type of shift wouldn't steal jobs from Canadians, it would just expand the pie by a significant amount.
    I hope not. Canada is held in high esteem by many Americans. I just wonder if you are prepared for five or ten million people to line up on your southern border and ask for asylum.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Dear Canadians: If you are at all concerned about the US election, it should be because if Trump wins there will be a mass exodus of Americans to foreign countries. Yours particularly.
    Wasn't that supposed to happen in 2016? .. Just more chirping

Dobber Sports Pro

Dear Canadians: If you are at all concerned about the US election, it should be because if Trump wins there will be a mass exodus of Americans to foreign countries. Yours particularly.
    We shall see, many Americans said that in 2016 and the 'exodus' barely moved the needle for Canada in terms of actual US citizens coming up. Just an influx of scared immigrants already originally from south America or the Caribbean . But if a 2nd American civil war fires up then Canada won't be too adverse to accepting Washington, Oregon, and California into confederation

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    If you listen closely you can feel the Panic in the democratic party: https://vimeo.com/169935233

Trump Landslide
    So will you ghost this thread if Trump loses?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    In the view of my family he is completely corrupt, shut down parliament to hide that corruption, is bankrupting the country by giving out free money to drug users, and is pushing communism on Canada. They truly believe that Trump cares about the economy and is not going to let the flu cause the destruction of the USA like Joe Biden would. It's all tribalism.
    It's at that point I have no problem telling a stranger that they are diluted beyond all hope and they making themselves look foolish even parroting such fantasy.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    It's at that point I have no problem telling a stranger that they are diluted beyond all hope and they making themselves look foolish even parroting such fantasy.
    Unfortunately it's my sister....haha.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hope not. Canada is held in high esteem by many Americans. I just wonder if you are prepared for five or ten million people to line up on your southern border and ask for asylum.
    Most folks probably couldn't afford to move to Canada even if they wanted to. I don't see this happening in any kind of huge numbers. I see a civil war before that ever happens.

Dobber Sports Ace

Here's a lil article I wrote , im sure you kids will enjoy: "Historians of the future, pan-frying sowbugs over their campfires, will recollect in wonder and nausea the election of 2020 and the attempted controlled demolition of the USA by the Woke Rebellion and its incongruous avatar, Joe Biden, the Holy Ghost of Grift and Gaslight. All the forces of empire were arrayed in his support, as behind some sacred effigy of an obscure saint in a church processional, and yet all the voting public saw was a pitiful figure ranting at an audience of cars, an old dog barking pointlessly in a parking lot in the gathering darkness" https://kunstler.com/cluster****-nat...ful-reckoning/

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Most folks probably couldn't afford to move to Canada even if they wanted to. I don't see this happening in any kind of huge numbers. I see a civil war before that ever happens.
    I agree. Thats why I have body armor and an assault rifle and a healthy supply of ammo ready to go.

Dobber Sports All-Star

A civil war in the United States would be utter nonsense. It would pit family member against family member and there would be no discernible dividing line. Remember there are 5 million republicans in California. There is no way to section off the US or divide it into democrats and republicans. The idea is absurd.

There will be unrest. There will be riots and looting and mass "protests", but no civil war. This President has made it a mission to polarize both sides to the extreme since he came into office. He has been sounding his dog whistle relentlessly and using division and hate to shore up his base. If you don't like the protests and the riots and the looting don't forget that he is the one who exacerbated this situation. This is the America Trump has made. The fanatics on both sides of the partisan divide have grown as vocal and strong as they have because of Trump, not in spite of him. This hate and animosity and 'otherness' is what his base thrives on. Trump appeals to emotions not facts or common sense.

These emotions will be out in full force over the coming days and weeks, especially if Trump loses the election.

So by all means, prepare for ugliness. Avoid large centers. Keep your head down. Wait this shit out. No sense getting caught in the crossfire.

Let's hope for a large margin of victory so that there will be no honest grounds for dispute.

Let's hope we get through this mess quickly.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ninja

I sincerely hope you are correct. What I am hearing from normally very down to earth people has me concerned. Good luck tomorrow Americans.

Dobber Sports Deity

No matter which side you're rooting for, you best be wearing your lucky underwear today.

Seriously though, what a crazy time it is for the "United" States of America. Can anyone actually remember the last time they had to barricade the White House in fear of what will happen from election results? It's insane how much an election can divide a Nation. People can say what they want about Trudeau, one way or the other, but we are very lucky to live in Canada and just has to watch this insanity from the outside looking in.

I have lots of friends and family living in the US, and I hope they all make out alright. I do have genuine concern for their well-being in the coming days/weeks.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No matter which side you're rooting for, you best be wearing your lucky underwear today.

Seriously though, what a crazy time it is for the "United" States of America. Can anyone actually remember the last time they had to barricade the White House in fear of what will happen from election results? It's insane how much an election can divide a Nation. People can say what they want about Trudeau, one way or the other, but we are very lucky to live in Canada and just has to watch this insanity from the outside looking in.

I have lots of friends and family living in the US, and I hope they all make out alright. I do have genuine concern for their well-being in the coming days/weeks.
    Can you think of a time where the Whitehouse put up walls around it's property twice in under 6months? That's even scarier than during an election.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

It is almost time for the red wave to be official.

I can’t wait to watch CNN for the first time in 4 years. Their dumb faces looking dumbfounded will be priceless.