Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 55 ... LastLast

Thread: US election thread?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: US election thread?

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Class is a sucker's game when only one side is willing to play by the rules. If the Democrats want to get the shit kicked out of them yet again then sure, show class. If they want to actually get stuff done the time for class is over. If they manage a miracle and win in Georgia then it should be scorched earth and bring about real change. Otherwise why bother.
    100%

Republicans don't act with class and honor and for them to call for it in defeat is absolutely laughable. With their gerrymandering, voter suppression tactics, Supreme court justice nomination hypocrisy, and now all these ridiculous voter fraud claims, Democrats have every reason to go scorched Earth. Biden is an honorable man so I doubt he allows this but it sure is tempting.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; November 18, 2020 at 7:25 PM. Reason: typos
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    100%

Republicans don't act with class and honor and for them to call for it in defeat is absolutely laughable. With their gerrymandering, voter suppression tactics, Supreme court justice nomination hypocrisy, and now all these ridiculous voter fraud claims, Democrats have every reason to go scorched Earth. Biden is an honorable man so I doubt he allows this but it sure is tempting.
    I don't find it honorable to try and play nice with crooks. It's spineless.

Dobber Sports Stud

Right. Cities were boarded up pre-election because if Trump won, there would’ve been riots. Biden won, no riots. I don’t believe Trump has had class - let’s not lie - but it is a 2-way street. Attacking the 48% who disagree with you doesn’t seem like “the high road” that people (both sides) should try.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Damn - SO FEW PEOPLE can do this. But it WOULD show class.
    I agree it would show class, but it is so damn hard. Sadly I find myself failing to live up to my own suggestion.

I have nothing against the Republican platform, in fact I agree with many of their original policies and ideals. The problem for me is that the party, and it's direction, has shifted considerably under Trump. The majority of the Republican party has embraced Trumpism and the Republican party is becoming more dangerous, corrupt and divisive every single day.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    I agree it would show class, but it is so damn hard. Sadly I find myself failing to live up to my own suggestion.

I have nothing against the Republican platform, in fact I agree with many of their original policies and ideals. The problem for me is that the party, and it's direction, has shifted considerably under Trump. The majority of the Republican party has embraced Trumpism and the Republican party is becoming more dangerous, corrupt and divisive every single day.
    Ezra Klein had a great podcast last week on Vox with Anne Applebaum who studies authoritarian dictators in other countries. She explained how otherwise sensible legislators will gradually come to collaborate and fall in line with regimes they never thought they would have. It is a study in psychology and human nature. She portrays Lindsay Graham in a terrible light. As an American it was disturbing and I could only listen to half before switching to some hockey talk. But it is incredibly informative and enlightening.

https://www.vox.com/21562116/anne-ap...zra-klein-show
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; November 18, 2020 at 9:04 PM. Reason: typos
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Right. Cities were boarded up pre-election because if Trump won, there would’ve been riots. Biden won, no riots. I don’t believe Trump has had class - let’s not lie - but it is a 2-way street. Attacking the 48% who disagree with you doesn’t seem like “the high road” that people (both sides) should try.
    But Brad, it’s not the 48% who voted Trump. It’s the percentage of people who voted Trump and actually Believe that the election was rigged in anyway and continue to blindly buy into Trump’s rhetoric and ridiculous and baseless claims and deplorable behavior. Those are the %age of the people who are lost causes just like Trump’s reign. Willing to bet a large population of both Dems and Repubs who vote accept the results and move on. Just because someone voted republican doesn’t necessarily brand those people “Trumpets”. Some, I’d suggest many on BOTH sides continue to vote against parties or leaders. But it’s the radicals who voted for TRUMP and who help spread the lies, they’re the ones that can’t be reasoned with.

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't find it honorable to try and play nice with crooks. It's spineless.
    What crooks are you talking about? Rioters and looters? Biden has condemned violence and looters multiple times. Also, he does not support defunding the police which is a common lie many on the right like to spread.

Trump is the one who has had many of his associates end up in prison, who himself is facing multiple lawsuits and criminal investigations come January, and has called white supremacists good people and told them to stand by. Do you really want to do a character comparison between Trump and Biden?

Dobber Sports Genius

We just surpassed 666 replies for this thread. How painfully fitting. #Timetomoveon
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    What crooks are you talking about? Rioters and looters? Biden has condemned violence and looters multiple times. Also, he does not support defunding the police which is a common lie many on the right like to spread.

Trump is the one who has had many of his associates end up in prison, who himself is facing multiple lawsuits and criminal investigations come January, and has called white supremacists good people and told them to stand by. Do you really want to do a character comparison between Trump and Biden?
    The crooks I am speaking of are many within the Republican party, like Lindsey Graham who appears to have been actively pushing to throw out legal ballots (*allegedly), or Mitch McConnell, who has no problem behaving like a complete and utter hypocrite in nearly everything he does.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The high road is a waste of time with a certain percentage of people. Folks who want to undermine the idea of free and fair elections don't deserve to be in the discussion. The high road is for having discussions with people who want to debate issues like minimum wage hikes, taxation, or regulation. These are debatable issues that people on both sides can disagree on over a few drinks. I have all the time in the world for those types of folks who want to discuss issues reasonably, even if I may passionately disagree with them on some of those things.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bramuin View Post
    So do you really need to continue this? It is becoming annoying being at the top of latest posts all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    We just surpassed 666 replies for this thread. How painfully fitting. #Timetomoveon
    Must people continue to pop into this thread to shame those of us who enjoy talking politics?

The 2020 US election is a massive political issue right now. Massive. The President's daily attacks on our electoral institutions are unravelling the very fabric of our democracy. Every day death threats are being levelled toward persons involved in the electoral process in the five swing states where Trump is baselessly alleging fraud.

Many of us are concerned with how these issues are going to play out. Is that so terrible?
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Deity

Must people continue to pop into this thread to shame those of us who enjoy talking politics?

The 2020 US election is a massive political issue right now. Massive. The President's daily attacks on our electoral institutions are unravelling the very fabric of our democracy. Every day death threats are being levelled toward persons involved in the electoral process in the five swing states where Trump is baselessly alleging fraud.

Many of us are concerned with how these issues are going to play out. Is that so terrible?
    I think most are just tired of reading the same argument over and over from the same people. It's like watching a dog chase its tail, only less humorous.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think most are just tired of reading the same argument over and over from the same people. It's like watching a dog chase its tail, only less humorous.
    My sense is that this conversation has been continuously evolving. I have had some great interactions and I have enjoyed most of the posts that others have shared.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Sage

The crooks I am speaking of are many within the Republican party, like Lindsey Graham who appears to have been actively pushing to throw out legal ballots (*allegedly), or Mitch McConnell, who has no problem behaving like a complete and utter hypocrite in nearly everything he does.
    Sorry for the confusion. I agree with you.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; November 19, 2020 at 5:08 PM. Reason: Missing word

Dobber Sports Star

The irony in those types of posts is amazing. Taking the time and effort needed to pointlessly accuse people of wasting their own time and effort on something they themselves don't deem worthy...