Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast

Thread: US election thread?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: US election thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I knew the secret service thing but not the driver thing. You see former Presidents always involved, but I think the level of involvement can be based on who the person is and how relevant they are to their party. I can see the Republican Party just not wanting him involved in their future.

I think the bigger issue will be him wanting to be involved when he wouldn't be beneficial to the overall goal. He'd see an opportunity for himself to get ahead and start yelling to get it done, and his social appeal gives him ears to hear his rambling.
    I think you may be right here. At least I hope!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Good morning to everyone but especially to those people who are mad that vaccine news was released too late to help the teary-eyed cheese puff politically.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    My money is on the Repub’s and Trump mutually parting ways. If Trump decides to run In 2024 it will likely be as an independent, Ross Perot style. And a 3 person race would be interesting. May depend on how the next 4 years go.
    I dont believe that would be good for Trump or Republicans. They would split the vote. I dont think Dems would lose that many votes in that same scenario.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I dont believe that would be good for Trump or Republicans. They would split the vote. I dont think Dems would lose that many votes in that same scenario.
    Agreed.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Surely Trump wouldn't win that way, but he could probably take in piles of donation money and it gives him the chance to keep his idiot followers worshipping him. The republicans would hate it I'm sure as it would pretty much guarantee them a loss, but if Trump wants to spite them, that makes 3 good reasons for him to do it this way. If I could get decent odds betting on this outcome I'd be going for it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Republicans calling people cry babies who called for recounts in the 2016 election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pSmwq_13uE

There is a legit clip for everything nowadays.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I was reading something the other day that once he is out of office, if he keeps tweeting like he has been (lies and what not), his account could be terminated. Twitter has a rule that they won't do terminate the accounts of current world leaders, but not for ex-leaders.
    So January 20th.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I guess the only caveat is that Trump will always be referred to as President Trump just like all former presidents that are currently living. So I don’t know if that changes things or not.

One interesting tidbit I learned recently is that while I knew former presidents have a secret service assigned to them for the rest of their lives, former presidents also can not drive a car off private property. Must be chauffeured everywhere. Maybe that’s not much of a change for Donald but I wasn’t aware of this. Also, all former presidents continue to be informed/briefed about all National security things. So is one every really “done” being President?
    Trump won't need a chauffeur where he's going.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    If Trump goes to jail, does the Secret Service have to protect him there too?? All former presidents have secret service protection for life.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    If Trump goes to jail, does the Secret Service have to protect him there too?? All former presidents have secret service protection for life.
    I have to imagine that he would be stripped of that privilege.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Touché!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry guys, but this is not about exoneration of Trump or denying that he is an a$$. However, In my opinion, ALL politicians are corrupt. I did my due diligence before I voted which is why I said Trump over Biden, Bernie over Trump. There is only ever 1 news feed on in my house BBC. I do my own research. We all had the same information.
    I tried to explain there are other factors, first you guys correct my misspoken statement, then you want to say there is no evidence. If you don't look, you won't find it. Since you will check my statements anyway let's me say this. Let us compare your beloved Canada.
    And since we are all statisticians, I think you will find that the Average white male in the US Has about a 3% Higher BMI. We are less healthy! Fatter due to Fast food (Mickey D syndrome). That translates into about 15 lbs. It also translates into about 3 years of life expectancy. So when you say there is no evidence, you are just not looking for it.

I say again. What are the Health risks of being overweight? Pulmonary, High blood pressure, Coronary, and if you don't believe that, please tell my doctor. Next. What are the risks associated with COVID that the CDC has said all along: And after you do that, go look in the mirror and tell yourself that this has nothing to do with the death rate as I picture Spock telling you ... You are Illogical!
    Live Long And Prosper. LOL!!!!
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html

Take special note of the BMI.

Sorry no more time off to bed
    You can never have too much information. You can only ever misuse the information you were given.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bramuin View Post
    And since we are all statisticians, I think you will find that the Average white male in the US Has about a 3% Higher BMI. We are less healthy! Fatter due to Fast food (Mickey D syndrome). That translates into about 15 lbs. It also translates into about 3 years of life expectancy. So when you say there is no evidence, you are just not looking for it.
    Who said there was no evidence? You initially said the US was one of the most unhealthy countries in the world, and now you're just comparing it to Canada for some reason...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No real particular reason except Canada has done well for a comparison. It isn't meant to be any thing deragatory. Just Home for you guys
    You can never have too much information. You can only ever misuse the information you were given.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bramuin View Post

I say again. What are the Health risks of being overweight? Pulmonary, High blood pressure, Coronary, and if you don't believe that, please tell my doctor. Next. What are the risks associated with COVID that the CDC has said all along: And after you do that, go look in the mirror and tell yourself that this has nothing to do with the death rate as I picture Spock telling you ... You are Illogical!
    Live Long And Prosper. LOL!!!!
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html
    You do realize that those are mostly treatable conditions, right? Treatment for these illnesses have prolonged life expectancy all over the world. If you have these underlying conditions and contract Covid, your life expectancy likely diminishes. If you avoid Covid when you have these treatable underlying conditions, your life expenctancy does not diminish. Make sense?