Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast

Thread: US election thread?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: US election thread?

So five months ago. I'd love to see the current numbers now that COVID has ravaged the country.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So five months ago. I'd love to see the current numbers now that COVID has ravaged the country.
    Bramuin's argument was that Americans poor state of health was a CAUSE of their high death numbers... You are suggesting the opposite.

Even still, I don't think it would move the needle much. Covid isn't ONLY affecting the US, and their deaths relative to population size isn't that astonishing either (just inside the top 10 countries at 759 per million - comparable to Sweden, the UK and Spain among others)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

@ Everyone who corrected me. Thanks. I may have misspoken, however if you do a little more research I think you will be able to find what I was trying to say. The US has the Mickey D syndrome as I had said earlier. It borders on Obesity. If I am not Mistaken a male adult in the US is about 200 lb. That is higher than in any other country. Along with weight comes health issues. High Blood Pressure, Respiratory, Pulmonary, etc These issues factor into COVID related deaths. I am not saying we do not have a problem, but there are other factors.

@ Havanablast - Unfortunately it is not your place to judge my or anyone else's choice's. Yes you may have a bunch of Friends here. What I see ... you are like the bully at school. Everyone loves him and laughs as long as he is picking on someone else. You have no idea what I support or what I do not support because you have never asked. You have only assumed. I still say I preferred Trump over Biden. There are no absolutes. Not even death. And I told our friend this: "Hate begets hate. Violence begets Violence". Basically "YOU" become what you are Complaining about. No Better than him. I need to be at work in 7 hours for a 12 hour shift. Let me say this. We all take chances everyday. I can't breathe with a mask, but I wear it. My family wears them. THanks for the thought. I will back off for now. If I notice you harassing someone, I may just jump in to have a blast.

Stay safe
    You can never have too much information. You can only ever misuse the information you were given.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If the US was, while being one of the largest populations in the world, also one of the unhealthiest populations in the world, their total # of deaths from other causes would be significantly higher, and therefore the total # of deaths from covid relative to other causes would be ranked lower. These factors are all related.

Simply put, the virus has been better controlled by nearly every other country in the world than it has been in the US. That is directly Trumps fault. Hopefully, a true leader, once he has the chance, will show a little more concern and compassions towards the citizens he has been elected to serve and protect. The meaning of the role has been lost the last four years, hopefully not forever.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Oh. And just to clarify. Yes I generally only look at one stat. “Death” seems like a pretty important one to focus on. I cannot stress how comfortable I am with someone trying to call me out on valuing human life.

Should we shut down entire countries because one person died? No of course not. But I don’t see these dudes arguing against seatbelts and wearing pants.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Simply put, the virus has been better controlled by nearly every other country in the world than it has been in the US. That is directly Trumps fault. Hopefully, a true leader, once he has the chance, will show a little more concern and compassions towards the citizens he has been elected to serve and protect. The meaning of the role has been lost the last four years, hopefully not forever.
    Well put as per usual taylor22.

There is not one person, Democrat or Republican, that Trump would not throw under the bus to further his own personal agenda. If Jesus Christ himself told Donald Trump to love his enemies and pray for those who persecute him, Trump would say that Jesus was over rated and that he prefers people who weren't crucified.

Trump, and Trumpism is an ugly cancerous growth that needs to be lanced off as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it has metastacized to every corner of America, so even once the main tumor is removed the country will still need to undergo many rounds of chemotherapy.

Can America be saved? I hope so. But we will need to shrug off the veil of hyper partisanship and start listening to one another again.

It all starts with the removal of the main tumor.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

are they going to keep him as leader of the rep. party or attempt to distance themselves . 4 years of tweets bashing biden/harris and whatever else the dems have planned then going against biden/harris in 2024 is going to get tiring

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    are they going to keep him as leader of the rep. party or attempt to distance themselves . 4 years of tweets bashing biden/harris and whatever else the dems have planned then going against biden/harris in 2024 is going to get tiring
    I was reading something the other day that once he is out of office, if he keeps tweeting like he has been (lies and what not), his account could be terminated. Twitter has a rule that they won't do terminate the accounts of current world leaders, but not for ex-leaders.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I was reading something the other day that once he is out of office, if he keeps tweeting like he has been (lies and what not), his account could be terminated. Twitter has a rule that they won't do terminate the accounts of current world leaders, but not for ex-leaders.
    Sounds like a rule they need to revisit.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    My money is on the Repub’s and Trump mutually parting ways. If Trump decides to run In 2024 it will likely be as an independent, Ross Perot style. And a 3 person race would be interesting. May depend on how the next 4 years go.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bramuin View Post
    @ Everyone who corrected me. Thanks. I may have misspoken, however if you do a little more research I think you will be able to find what I was trying to say. The US has the Mickey D syndrome as I had said earlier. It borders on Obesity. If I am not Mistaken a male adult in the US is about 200 lb. That is higher than in any other country. Along with weight comes health issues. High Blood Pressure, Respiratory, Pulmonary, etc These issues factor into COVID related deaths. I am not saying we do not have a problem, but there are other factors.

@ Havanablast - Unfortunately it is not your place to judge my or anyone else's choice's. Yes you may have a bunch of Friends here. What I see ... you are like the bully at school. Everyone loves him and laughs as long as he is picking on someone else. You have no idea what I support or what I do not support because you have never asked. You have only assumed. I still say I preferred Trump over Biden. There are no absolutes. Not even death. And I told our friend this: "Hate begets hate. Violence begets Violence". Basically "YOU" become what you are Complaining about. No Better than him. I need to be at work in 7 hours for a 12 hour shift. Let me say this. We all take chances everyday. I can't breathe with a mask, but I wear it. My family wears them. THanks for the thought. I will back off for now. If I notice you harassing someone, I may just jump in to have a blast.

Stay safe
    Actually, when One chooses to post in a public forum that is clearly labeled “get Political” that’s exactly what is going to happen. I definitely question anyone and everyone’s judgement who chooses to support such a divisive and offensive individual. I won’t even go into his criminal activity.

Judging is exactly what goes on here. But it’s a choice to speak up in this thread. I’ve chosen to stand up against the ridiculous Trump movement and I’ll be judged for publicly stating my views. Even you are throwing judgements at me accusing me of being the Dobber Forums Bully (your entitled to your view). You’ve chosen to focus on every thing I say and cast judgement. And you have chosen to either ignore or approve of 5hole’s endless radical and offensive comments suggesting I will be forced to accept a forearm sized “red pill” to be jammed up my Ass and everyone’s ass who is delusional enough to think Trump could actually lose this election fair and square among other baseless absolute statements just like Trump himself. Hey, maybe go back and re read your first post and ask yourself, “could I have said something or worded something In a way that triggered some backlash?” When you choose to make statements like that, questioning yours/his judgement and Character will follow. Just the same way you’ve judged and labeled me. But your a grown adult. I’m sure you understand and don’t need me spelling it out like this.

hey, it’s all good. Judge away. I encourage you to do so. Prove me wrong, and try to change my mind. I would love to stand corrected, especially on this topic of Trump and his personality/behaviour. That’s the beauty of a public forum. But until you can say something to me that really challenges my anti-Trump “point of view”, I will continue to challenge the Pro-Trump “point of view” (for lack of better words) and you can continue to “yeah but” the next 4 years like Trump and his supporters have now shifted toward having been forced to see the legit defeat.

Oh, and I hope you have a good day at work. 12 hour shifts are long. I commend those who have to work those shifts.

Cheers

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I guess the only caveat is that Trump will always be referred to as President Trump just like all former presidents that are currently living. So I don’t know if that changes things or not.

One interesting tidbit I learned recently is that while I knew former presidents have a secret service assigned to them for the rest of their lives, former presidents also can not drive a car off private property. Must be chauffeured everywhere. Maybe that’s not much of a change for Donald but I wasn’t aware of this. Also, all former presidents continue to be informed/briefed about all National security things. So is one every really “done” being President?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I guess the only caveat is that Trump will always be referred to as President Trump just like all former presidents that are currently living. So I don’t know if that changes things or not.

One interesting tidbit I learned recently is that while I knew former presidents have a secret service assigned to them for the rest of their lives, former presidents also can not drive a car off private property. Must be chauffeured everywhere. Maybe that’s not much of a change for Donald but I wasn’t aware of this. Also, all former presidents continue to be informed/briefed about all National security things. So is one every really “done” being President?
    Trump will be "done" being President just because he was "done" being President back in 2018 missing meetings, briefings, and doing the bare minimum for a long time.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Trump will be "done" being President just because he was "done" being President back in 2018 missing meetings, briefings, and doing the bare minimum for a long time.
    Can't argue with that.

I was genuinely surprised, however, just how much these former Presidents continue to be Utilized in matters of National Security. Considering this may not be Trump's strong suit, maybe he can be accidentally left off the distribution. I see George W in an entirely different light following these past 4 years.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Can't argue with that.

I was genuinely surprised, however, just how much these former Presidents continue to be Utilized in matters of National Security. Considering this may not be Trump's strong suit, maybe he can be accidentally left off the distribution. I see George W in an entirely different light following these past 4 years.
    I knew the secret service thing but not the driver thing. You see former Presidents always involved, but I think the level of involvement can be based on who the person is and how relevant they are to their party. I can see the Republican Party just not wanting him involved in their future.

I think the bigger issue will be him wanting to be involved when he wouldn't be beneficial to the overall goal. He'd see an opportunity for himself to get ahead and start yelling to get it done, and his social appeal gives him ears to hear his rambling.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll