Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: US election thread?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: US election thread?

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    if Biden wins , Trump can run again in 2024 ?

if Trump was to win in 2024 could he be re-elected in 2028 or will 2016 and (hypothetically 2024) count as 2 terms under the max 2 term rule
    You are only allowed 2 terms, regardless of whether or not they are consecutive. I think Grover Cleveland is the only President to serve 2 terms that were not consecutive.

I am not sure we have to worry about Trump winning another term in office of he doesn’t win 2020. From what I hear, prison inmates aren’t allowed to run for Presidential office.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In regards to Nate Silver and 538, he has discussed often both the sources of polling errors in 2016 and how those factors have been adjusted for/fixed/improved going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    if Biden wins , Trump can run again in 2024 ?

if Trump was to win in 2024 could he be re-elected in 2028 or will 2016 and (hypothetically 2024) count as 2 terms under the max 2 term rule
    Absolutely if Biden wins. This has happened. Stephen Grover Cleveland was the 22nd & 24th president of the US.

If Trump wins, the only ways he can become president again are to either have an amendment passed, which almost certainly won't happen, or to run for another lower political office, and ascend to presidency, which is even less likely.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

538 is an interesting website for some things, notably baseball analysis, since that's where Nate started, but I'd avoid it for predictions some other sports, as the methodologies don't work as well as other places.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I know I have to work Wed. but I have a feeling I'll just get real drunk Tues night, check for results around 11PM PST and then go watch some serial killer documentary to cheer me up.

It's a toss up between boring sh**ty and unpredictable sh**ty.

No matter who wins America has lost. 330 000 000+ people in this country and in 4 years the Dems could only come up with recycled products (again). The fact Trump won 4yrs ago is a testament of the poor state of US democracy in the first place.

Least in Canada, our biggest leadership issue is Trudeau cries at the drop of a hat & his biggest scandal involves a charity.

Where's the hope?
    I might need to start drinking now for tomorrow night
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I know I have to work Wed. but I have a feeling I'll just get real drunk Tues night, check for results around 11PM PST and then go watch some serial killer documentary to cheer me up.

It's a toss up between boring sh**ty and unpredictable sh**ty.

No matter who wins America has lost. 330 000 000+ people in this country and in 4 years the Dems could only come up with recycled products (again). The fact Trump won 4yrs ago is a testament of the poor state of US democracy in the first place.

Least in Canada, our biggest leadership issue is Trudeau cries at the drop of a hat & his biggest scandal involves a charity.

Where's the hope?
    I might need to start drinking now for tomorrow night

My family believes Trudeau is far worse than Donald Trump and is destroying Canada. The problems in the USA are certainly creeping into Canada as well.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    My family believes Trudeau is far worse than Donald Trump and is destroying Canada. The problems in the USA are certainly creeping into Canada as well.
    he's his own type of _____ -- pick your adjective.

At least you know what you're getting on a day to day basis.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The Whitehouse is putting up unscalable walls apparently right now. Walmart has pulled all rifles off their shop floor. Businesses are boarding up their windows in preparation for the election results. I feel like this has happened in the past though for the last 2 items. I don't know why the Whitehouse needs unscalable walls around their property...
    Trump is creating a bunker for himself and the fascist command and control structure. He is going to declare victory even if behind and will send the Department of "Justice" and its thousands and thousands of agents out to eliminate as many ballots as they can.
    The inevitable resulting consequences will make it necessary for Trump and Co. to reside in a hardened structure.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Could you imagine if Trudeau held massive rallies with 10Â’s of thousands of people jammed together to stoke his ego. Or if Trudeau refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he were to lose the next election. What fun that would be for Canadians.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Could you imagine if Trudeau held massive rallies with 10Â’s of thousands of people jammed together to stoke his ego. Or if Trudeau refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he were to lose the next election. What fun that would be for Canadians.
    In the view of my family he is completely corrupt, shut down parliament to hide that corruption, is bankrupting the country by giving out free money to drug users, and is pushing communism on Canada. They truly believe that Trump cares about the economy and is not going to let the flu cause the destruction of the USA like Joe Biden would. It's all tribalism.

Dobber Sports Jedi

In the view of my family he is completely corrupt, shut down parliament to hide that corruption, is bankrupting the country by giving out free money to drug users, and is pushing communism on Canada. They truly believe that Trump cares about the economy and is not going to let the flu cause the destruction of the USA like Joe Biden would. It's all tribalism.
    he gave out $2000/mth to over 5 000 000 000 Canadians. can you elaborate on that specific statement? I know a lot of people that personally collected the ERB/CERB benefit that don't use any drugs.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    he gave out $2000/mth to over 5 000 000 000 Canadians. can you elaborate on that specific statement? I know a lot of people that personally collected the ERB/CERB benefit that don't use any drugs.
    Are you asking me to make sense of something that makes no sense? Sorry, but I don't have the powers of Rebel Media. Much of family are total morons who get ALL of their "news" from Wexxit types on Facebook. They don't have cable. They don't read newspapers. They basically only consume Facebook articles carefully curated from their bubble and constantly tell everyone else to "get educated".

Trump style politics is in Canada already. We're not immune from it at all.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yes, the facebook news folk. Hehe.

Trudeau may not be perfect, but he looks like a saint to the rest of the world. Such a stark relief between Trudeau and Trump. A bully and and lying dictator vs a snowflake with good hair. Most people would prefer the snowflake. hehe.

Canada is held up in the western world as a great example of how this Coronavirus should have been handled. Love or hate Trudeau, he has been night and day better at protecting his citizens and the Canadian economy during this pandemic. Maybe it is because he listens to the scientists and doctors ...
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Sage

Dear Canadians: If you are at all concerned about the US election, it should be because if Trump wins there will be a mass exodus of Americans to foreign countries. Yours particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Dear Canadians: If you are at all concerned about the US election, it should be because if Trump wins there will be a mass exodus of Americans to foreign countries. Yours particularly.
    I personally see this as a benefit. A mass influx of smart, well-educated, hardworking, financially secure people? Sign me up.

This type of shift wouldn't steal jobs from Canadians, it would just expand the pie by a significant amount.