Thread: Laine

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Laine

Seems he might be available via trade, the other gm wants a young player in return and a 2020 pick. IÂ’m sitting with 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8. As per other posts, IÂ’ve been having trouble deciding what IÂ’ll do with Meier, and my brother isnÂ’t sure about acquiring him with 3 years term left, but didnÂ’t say no either. I said IÂ’d move my late first plus Meier, or Dubois and a lower pick (I donÂ’t have room to keep Dubois). Problem if itÂ’s Not Meier is then IÂ’ll have Hall, Draisaitl, Laine, Seguin, Q Hughes and definitely wonÂ’t be able to hang onto Shest and make Quinn a regular keeper, and will still have to buy out Meier. IÂ’m also happy to acquire Laine and figure out what I do beyond Draisaitl, Laine, Hall, Quinn. Basically 4 keepers plus rookie carry over is how our league works. Thoughts on trying to get Laine/what youÂ’d offer? I wouldn’t buy out Meier and Seguin, if I’m stuck with Meier contract, too much money, so I’d have to just explore Additional trade options but would be risky as Meier is a tough sell (this is if he prefers Dubois). I haven’t even decided at this point what I’m doing with Meier, but ideally I’d move him and a pick for Laine, then figure things out from there.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Laine

Anyone? Nevermind, deal off the table for the moment.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I probably would have moved Meier and the late 1st as you indicated. I might prefer to hold on to Dubois, but if you can't keep him, then sure, Dubois and a late pick works. I think I would have moved Seguin for Laine at this point. But it's a no for Hall/Draisaitl/Hughes, so I think you were on the right train of thought. Just note, Laine might become a burden with the large contract he seems to be gunning for, although that could depend on whether goals have extra weight in your league.

Dobber Sports Genius

In a goal heavy league I would trade Dubois/Meier + 1st for Laine. Absolutely.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"