Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Orr endorces Donald Trump

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Bobby Orr endorces Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    I always forget this forum has a politics section and i was just browsing lol. They tried to bring this up on HFboards a few times but it got nuked every time.

Point is, axeman made a reasonable common sense point and it should be highlighted
    All my comments are common sense points.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

. People try to act like voting means you agree 100% with all the fringe crazies on your side

Its completely acceptable to be republican or conservative, democrat or liberal and disagree with some of the dumb crap your side does.
    But there is a difference between voting for someone and publicly endorsing him and flying his flag. If someone is still a Trump supporter today, I have no hope for them and want nothing to do with them. I have two neighbors on my block that are still flying a Trump 2020 flag.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    But there is a difference between voting for someone and publicly endorsing him and flying his flag. If someone is still a Trump supporter today, I have no hope for them and want nothing to do with them. I have two neighbors on my block that are still flying a Trump 2020 flag.
    I don't know about your area but where I live, bylaws dictate all campaign and political signage has to be taken down within a week of an election ending.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I don't know about your area but where I live, bylaws dictate all campaign and political signage has to be taken down within a week of an election ending.
    I am just taking a guess but I am assuming the Trump flag probably isn't official election signage.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

depends. Does it have gold fringe?
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am just taking a guess but I am assuming the Trump flag probably isn't official election signage.
    A flag with Trump 2020 can definitely be argued as a election signage.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Does it really matter anymore? His boy Trump Lost. Sucks to be him I guess. His personally judgement can most definitely be challenged. But it really isn’t worth critiquing anymore. Trump is officially yesterday’s news Thank all that is good and wholesome in this world.

Dobber Sports Guru

Really? In our area, they've been flying steadily for four years. It's a cottage industry--they definitely aren't official, but they are all over the place. Ugh.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

A flag with Trump 2020 can definitely be argued as a election signage.
    Even if it's homemade?

Dobber Sports Sage

We had some classy neighbors fly a Trump 2020 "Enough of the Bullshit" flag. The first time I saw it I was walking with my 6 and 10 year old and came very close to saying something to one of the neighbors that was standing in their yard.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Even if it's homemade?
    That would all depend on bylaws of the area wouldn't it? I suppose in the USA there is more leeway about what kind of signage you can display on your property but flag rules can be much more strict in some jurisdictions.

Dobber Sports Deity

That would all depend on bylaws of the area wouldn't it? I suppose in the USA there is more leeway about what kind of signage you can display on your property but flag rules can be much more strict in some jurisdictions.
    Ya I dont know the election rules in the States so I cant really comment on that.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post

People will endorse the candidate on the political side of their choice in an election that is likely to be close.

I think Trump is a complete idiot and I am Canadian and don't get a say in American politics anyways. But the rhetoric that people need some kind of comeuppance, shame or lasting disdain or hate for their political affiliation is dangerous you SHOULD be trying to be the bigger man/Woman and try to soothe, make up and reconcile. Instead everyone is trying to literally rub salt and maniacs like AOC (who is basically just a female Trump type on the left side) is encouraging doxing and screenshotting every Trump supporters posts before they can delete them to make supporters pay for daring to support Trump.

Up in halifax when I am at work, we pretty much just sit here talking at work about how both sides are crazy and delusional and how crazies in the "woke" culture made it possible for the rise of an idiot like Trump to begin with.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Pro

People will endorse the candidate on the political side of their choice in an election that is likely to be close.

I think Trump is a complete idiot and I am Canadian and don't get a say in American politics anyways. But the rhetoric that people need some kind of comeuppance, shame or lasting disdain or hate for their political affiliation is dangerous you SHOULD be trying to be the bigger man/Woman and try to soothe, make up and reconcile. Instead everyone is trying to literally rub salt and maniacs like AOC (who is basically just a female Trump type on the left side) is encouraging doxing and screenshotting every Trump supporters posts before they can delete them to make supporters pay for daring to support Trump.

Up in halifax when I am at work, we pretty much just sit here talking at work about how both sides are crazy and delusional and how crazies in the "woke" culture made it possible for the rise of an idiot like Trump to begin with.
    Maniac? No AOC is not a maniac. She takes a lot of flack from the right because is young, a woman, a visible minority, and speaks her mind in a direct manner. Never mind all the direct and indirect death threats she receives, I think she is very intelligent and composed when dealing with her political opponents. She is just very good at calling out Republicans and the Trumpists on their rhetoric and exposing them in their ignorance or denial of reality. It's not her fault they make for easy pickings.

Dobber Sports Initiate

The day I found out Bobby Orr supported Trump was the day I lost all respect for No. 4. Same goes for Bobby Hull.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.