Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Orr endorces Donald Trump

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Bobby Orr endorces Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You don't have to care, but it's perfectly reasonable that other people would care, and that it would affect their opinion of him either way.
    Agreed.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Very old people have a tendency to lose their minds, and do and say stupid stuff. This is another reminder of that.
    Thank God you finally showed up! Where have ya been Brother Glatt? I just LOVE Glatt’s Transparency and point of fact take. So damn refreshing!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Very old people have a tendency to lose their minds, and do and say stupid stuff. This is another reminder of that.
    I totally agree:

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Initiate

so the reason Bobby Orr supports President Trump is because he is very old and has lost his mind? haha ok, whatever. I would say that very young people have a tendency to lose their minds and do and say stupid stuff so let's just throw that thought out the window.

The reality is that everyone loves Bobby Orr the hockey player but the person is different. I have met him a couple of times but I don't pretend to know him, which is true for most people. I am sure he has his own interests for himself and his family as do I. Would I agree with his interests? Probably not all of them, but I would continue to love him as the hockey player and disagree but respect his private interests.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Immortal

No wonder he and Cherry were always so tight.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    so the reason Bobby Orr supports President Trump is because he is very old and has lost his mind? haha ok, whatever. I would say that very young people have a tendency to lose their minds and do and say stupid stuff so let's just throw that thought out the window.

The reality is that everyone loves Bobby Orr the hockey player but the person is different. I have met him a couple of times but I don't pretend to know him, which is true for most people. I am sure he has his own interests for himself and his family as do I. Would I agree with his interests? Probably not all of them, but I would continue to love him as the hockey player and disagree but respect his private interests.
    But you would agree that the minute he choose to publicly declare his support, that those Interests are no longer private (by his choice) and open to be critiqued. That’s exactly the reason to publicly share ones political interests and support. To try and challenge all those that admire BObby Orr but who don’t share his views. Maybe those people on the fence. If Orr has the ability to sway them, then this strategy is a win. In the same regard, he has Fairly opened himself Up to be critiqued and, dare I say, “judged” For public ally stating his support by complete opponents as well as those ORR Admirers who strongly do not share his publicly stated political view.

Would you not agree to that Bobby4Ever?

Dobber Sports Deity

Someone's political beliefs doesn't change the person you've always admired and his accomplishments that lead you to admire them.

I'm not a fan of Trump or the way he governs but that shouldn't change the way I look at guys like Orr, Favre or Nicholas, just because they choose to support him.

I think it's safe to say that if you're a Republican, you're going to support that candidate because you'd rather see them in control versus the Democratic candidate. They are supporting their party. That's the way I look at it at least.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    But you would agree that the minute he choose to publicly declare his support, that those Interests are no longer private (by his choice) and open to be critiqued. That’s exactly the reason to publicly share ones political interests and support. To try and challenge all those that admire BObby Orr but who don’t share his views. Maybe those people on the fence. If Orr has the ability to sway them, then this strategy is a win. In the same regard, he has Fairly opened himself Up to be critiqued and, dare I say, “judged” For public ally stating his support by complete opponents as well as those ORR Admirers who strongly do not share his publicly stated political view.

I honestly dont think Orr's endorsement, or Favre's and Nicklaus' for that matter, for Trump, will make any difference at this point. Biden has healthy leads in both Massachusetts and Wisconsin according to the polls and 90 million Americans have already voted. The majority of Americans made up their minds months ago.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That’s true Godin. Just saying that publicly endorsing now is Strategy to try and maintain or flip those who haven’t.

Appears this could be a record Setting voter turnout. Hopefully more do vote so that the result can better represent the interests of the majority of American eligible voters. You can’t genuinely bitch if you don’t vote!

Dobber Sports Initiate

yes I would agree that publicly declaring his support for either party opens him up to being critiqued but not to be judged as a person. Does his choice of political support make him any less of a good father or husband or friend? Which I am assuming he is all those. I will say that having the reputation Orr has as a quiet and private but public figure I am sure he knew of the consequences to come out like this and show support publicly. He could have just as easily sat in the background and kept silent. That he chose to do this makes me respect him even more but I am surprised he came out in this manner.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports All-Star

I could care less if a person is a Republican or a Democrat. Like Bobby4Ever says, a persons party affiliation tells you nothing about a persons true character.

Trump is a different case though. Just look at the unprecedented number of Republicans who have renounced him. Why? Because he has no character. No moral compass. No compassion. CurrentlyTrump is holding 3-4 massive rallies everyday, knowing full well that this will leave death and suffering in it's wake, but he does not care. People are just a means to an end. As long as they are healthy enough to cast their ballot for him he really does not care what happens to them after that. These rallies tell you everything you need to know about the man.

If you support Donald Trump, you support this type of behaviour. You support the spread of the coronavirus for shallow political purposes. First line workers and hospital staff are begging Trump to stop these type of rallies, each of which has the potential to be another super spreader event.

Some states are running out of ICU beds. Sigh.

And so it goes.

So yes, I do judge those who support this man. I judge people who endanger the lives of others for their own selfish purposes poorly. How could you not?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    I could care less if a person is a Republican or a Democrat. Like Bobby4Ever says, a persons party affiliation tells you nothing about a persons true character.

Trump is a different case though. Just look at the unprecedented number of Republicans who have renounced him. Why? Because he has no character. No moral compass. No compassion. CurrentlyTrump is holding 3-4 massive rallies everyday, knowing full well that this will leave death and suffering in it's wake, but he does not care. People are just a means to an end. As long as they are healthy enough to cast their ballot for him he really does not care what happens to them after that. These rallies tell you everything you need to know about the man.

If you support Donald Trump, you support this type of behaviour. You support the spread of the coronavirus for shallow political purposes. First line workers and hospital staff are begging Trump to stop these type of rallies, each of which has the potential to be another super spreader event.

Some states are running out of ICU beds. Sigh.

And so it goes.

I do judge those who support this man. How could you not?
    I have to agree with Wonko here to a degree. Someone’s personal beliefs or Political Beliefs do indeed reflect on character IMO especially during the temperature of this campaign. Choosing to support one way or another is a personal right. Publicly and voluntarily endorsing one way of another opens you up for critique and, yes... judgement (rightly or wrongly). Especially when one or more of the candidates can be seen as offensive, irresponsible and dangerous. Which technically both candidates have been called to a degree at some point. Just so happens this thread is focused on those supporting Trump. A bit more balanced critique In the “other” threads.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Someone's political beliefs doesn't change the person you've always admired and his accomplishments that lead you to admire them.

I'm not a fan of Trump or the way he governs but that shouldn't change the way I look at guys like Orr, Favre or Nicholas, just because they choose to support him.

I think it's safe to say that if you're a Republican, you're going to support that candidate because you'd rather see them in control versus the Democratic candidate. They are supporting their party. That's the way I look at it at least
    Exactly.

Hell. Why are people today unable to debate politics? Everything is a polarization. People try to act like voting means you agree 100% with all the fringe crazies on your side

Its completely acceptable to be republican or conservative, democrat or liberal and disagree with some of the dumb crap your side does.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Exactly.

Hell. Why are people today unable to debate politics? Everything is a polarization. People try to act like voting means you agree 100% with all the fringe crazies on your side

Its completely acceptable to be republican or conservative, democrat or liberal and disagree with some of the dumb crap your side does.
    Drudging up the past eh from nearly 3 months ago. Joe breaks his ribs and now he’s bored and sifting through old posts while the Leafs play on. I think most are past this. Idiocy has been evicted and the healing can begin. Let the sleeping dogs lie Joe Thornton and focus on healing up those ribs.

Dobber Sports Stud

Drudging up the past eh from nearly 3 months ago. Joe breaks his ribs and now he’s bored and sifting through old posts while the Leafs play on. I think most are past this. Idiocy has been evicted and the healing can begin. Let the sleeping dogs lie Joe Thornton and focus on healing up those ribs.

I always forget this forum has a politics section and i was just browsing lol. They tried to bring this up on HFboards a few times but it got nuked every time.

Point is, axeman made a reasonable common sense point and it should be highlighted
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G