Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dynasty Trade

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Dynasty Trade

Quote Originally Posted by 65jeff View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

When I said I think my team is good enough to win, I added up fantasy points per game of the 16 starters. This team was within 1% of the team that won last season.

On the other hand, you're right. It's better to make the decision in season. Lots of things can go wrong.

I'll shift to lesser targets at LW that don't cost that pick.
    Just announce to the league that u would look at offers....I'm sure they will pile in.....but It would have to absolutely knock my socks off to pull the trigger

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is a pretty shallow league with 10 teams and only 9F, 4D, 2U, 2G.

With only 20 goalies required, they're not going to hold a lot of value and should be relatively easy to get your hands on. You're not going to have anyone pay anything for Dubnyk or Quick. They can easily be dropped.

Agree with the rest that I'm not trading the 2nd overall unless it's a win. I Gaudreau counter was bad and it sounds like you're not going to get a solid offer.

I'm good with moving Seguin, but coming off a down year I'm not sure you'll get full value for him. Keep trying but it might be better to hold him and hope he bounces back a bit.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    This is a pretty shallow league with 10 teams and only 9F, 4D, 2U, 2G.

With only 20 goalies required, they're not going to hold a lot of value and should be relatively easy to get your hands on. You're not going to have anyone pay anything for Dubnyk or Quick. They can easily be dropped.
    Thanks for this discussion. I've had a lot of success in my one year and limited keeper leagues by making the most of the league rules. A dynasty league like this adds a new dimension that I'm trying to get my head around.

There are 45 goalies rostered in the league! It could be because of the league scoring rules. The 25 goalies outside the top 20 are scoring 3.5 - 4 fantasy points per start vs skaters outside the top 140 who are scoring at most 2.2 pts per start. My goalies are the weakest line up in the league - pretty much negates the advantage I have at D. Unless Bobrovsky turns it around it's looking grim.

You're right though that no one will pay for Dubnyk or Quick unless I can somehow interest the Jones owner in Dubnyk. The problem is if I trade Dubnyk I'll have to drop someone else. Everyone is going to have to squeeze down to 28 before we can make any of these trades. I'm dropping Carter. I have to make one more drop to get to 28. Then at the draft I have make a drop when I draft Byfield. And then another drop when I trade my 12th pick for Stone which is already agreed.
    23-24 NHL Schedule
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1242679413
    See number of games, off night games and back to back games for each match up