Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dynasty Trade

I've taken over a team in a dynasty league, which is my first dynasty league. 10 teams H2H Points. No cap. 28 man rosters - keep all.
    Positions: 3C 3LW 3RW 3D 2U 2G 12Bench 4IR. No separate rookie or prospect rosters.

My team:
    C: Eichel, Scheifele, Seguin, Kopitar, Kuznetzov, Kadri, Carter (RW), Mittelstadt, Kyrou (RW), Vilardi
    LW: Iafallo (C), Granlund (C), Tolvanen
    RW: Pastrnak (LW), Stone, Kessel, Oshie, Toffoli (LW), Eberle, Arvidsson (LW)
    D: Carlson, Hedman, Hamilton, Sergachev, McAvoy, Subban
    G: Bishop, Bobrovsky, Holtby, Dubnyk, Quick

League scoring favours goals and goalies a bit, with a bump for defenseman points:

G=3 A=2 PPP=1 SHG=2 SHA=1 HAT=3 SOG=0.2 DEFPTS=0.5
    W=3 GA=-1 SV=0.2 SO=3

My team also picks second in the rookie draft. I would be taking Byfield.

My sense is that this team is above league average but ended up 2nd from last because the owner was erratic about setting his line-ups.

Two things:
    1 - Due to players on IR at season end I will need to drop 3 players. I'm thinking Quick, Carter and ??? Does Subban have any value anymore?

2 - There is interest in my second pick. Right now talking to the owner of Demko and Heiskanen. It feels like offering Seguin and the second pick is too much? The other manager is only intersted in Scheifele, Seguin or Toffoli. Pretty sure Toffoli doesn't get the job done.

I like the idea of having the Demko Holtby combo, but unsure of the value of a handcuff in this league.

I think Heiskanen will be a solid player, but maybe I'm buying high on him due to play-off performance.

If I acquire Heiskanen I was thinking of shopping Hedman or Carlson for a LW,

How high are people on Demko and Heiskanen as fantasy assets?

How do you value rookie draft picks in my league? Someone offered me Stone for the 12th overall pick and I smashed accept before he changed his mind. A bit less sure about that number 2 pick.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Dynasty Trade

Do not trade the 2nd overall pick; I really like Heiskenan but your D is pretty strong and young. I'd drop Carter, dubnyk, and I'm stuck on the 3rd one. I'd be shopping McAvoy and Sergachev first, they are attractive at the moment. Stone for 12th overall i really like.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Do not trade the 2nd overall pick; I really like Heiskenan but your D is pretty strong and young. I'd drop Carter, dubnyk, and I'm stuck on the 3rd one. I'd be shopping McAvoy and Sergachev first, they are attractive at the moment. Stone for 12th overall i really like.
    Thanks for the advice! Will hang on to the 2nd pick. What kind of an offer would make you part with it? I tend to profit from other managers over-valuing picks and youth in my limited keeper leagues, but I haven't played in a dynasty before. Trying to get a feel for valuing developing players and picks.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The fact that you can keep 28 means that you can wait on elite tier prospects; and Byfeld not starting in the NHL means it's goign to be harder for him to have a horrible year that causes people to sour on him. You want to avoid the Mittlestadt/Tolvanen type of value drops - I used those names, since you have them.

I agree on dropping Carter. Subban might have value if he boucnes back, and the only way to find that out is to hold him.

I'd be willing to drop Dubnyk & Quick, if needed, but you should be able to get something for one of them, even if it's just an upgrade at LW. Packaging Tolvanen with them might work.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    The fact that you can keep 28 means that you can wait on elite tier prospects; and Byfeld not starting in the NHL means it's goign to be harder for him to have a horrible year that causes people to sour on him. You want to avoid the Mittlestadt/Tolvanen type of value drops - I used those names, since you have them.

I agree on dropping Carter. Subban might have value if he boucnes back, and the only way to find that out is to hold him.

I'd be willing to drop Dubnyk & Quick, if needed, but you should be able to get something for one of them, even if it's just an upgrade at LW. Packaging Tolvanen with them might work.
    Thats why I was stuck on the 3rd drop...can't give up on Tolvanen OR Middlestadt yet....

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 65jeff View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Will hang on to the 2nd pick. What kind of an offer would make you part with it? I tend to profit from other managers over-valuing picks and youth in my limited keeper leagues, but I haven't played in a dynasty before. Trying to get a feel for valuing developing players and picks.
    I'd be very hesitant to be moving 2nd overall unless it's for a young ESTABLISHED star; preferably for you a LW. Byfield is an unbelievable player and LA looks like they're building very nicely. Unless you are in win now mode, are absolutely one of the favorites in your league AND you get a silly offer, hang onto #2.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd have no issues dropping Quick, Doobie and Carter.

I wouldn't trade your 2nd overall pick unless it's for a serious upgrade to your wing situation, which stands out pretty clearly (yes, I can see Toffoli and Arvidsson are also LW) as your teams greatest weakness, especially LW. You are stacked at C, especially if you draft Byfield. You don't need more centers but I'd be trying to flip one for a LW. Eichel would be my only untouchable center. I'd trade any of your other guys for help in other spots. That being said, if someone is coming calling for Scheifele/Seguin/Kopitar, I'd be looking for a high end winger in return.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice.

What do you think of Sergachev for Vrana, Ehlers, Meier or Fiala to start addressing the problem at LW?

Defensemen seem slightly less valuable in this league as we start only 3, versus starting 3 left and 3 right wings.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That being said, if someone is coming calling for Scheifele/Seguin/Kopitar, I'd be looking for a high end winger in return.
    Does Seguin for Gaudreau work? Not sure the Gaudreau owner will take that deal but he's asked about Seguin, so...

It's a tough call for me, too as I'm not a huge believer in Gaudreau. On the other hand I'm completely over the Dallas non-offense having owned both Benn and Seguin in different leagues the last two years.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would Trade Seguin for Fiala....maybe Meier as well
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    I would Trade Seguin for Fiala....maybe Meier as well
    Thanks for the reply. Interesting.

Initially seems like an overpay but not having played in a dynasty before I'm not used to factoring in the future quite so much.

Do you like Fiala's upside over Gaudreau's more proven record? I think I'll need to add something to Seguin to get Gaudreau.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I offered Seguin for Gaudreau and was rejected.

The offer on the table is my 2nd overall pick in 2020 rookie draft + Toffoli for his Gaudreau.

Is this the kind of return you'd want for that 2nd overall pick?

I think my team is currently very close to the team that won the league last season from a starting 16 perspective. The uncertainty around Pasta and Seguin surgery recoveries clouds things though. Acquiring Gaudreau definitely puts me in the mix for trophies if those two are healthy.
    23-24 NHL Schedule
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1242679413
    See number of games, off night games and back to back games for each match up

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 65jeff View Post
    I offered Seguin for Gaudreau and was rejected.

The offer on the table is my 2nd overall pick in 2020 rookie draft + Toffoli for his Gaudreau.

Is this the kind of return you'd want for that 2nd overall pick?

I think my team is currently very close to the team that won the league last season from a starting 16 perspective. The uncertainty around Pasta and Seguin surgery recoveries clouds things though. Acquiring Gaudreau definitely puts me in the mix for trophies if those two are healthy.
    Gaudreau is good in that setup. I dont know your league, but only way I trade Byfield is for a win. I wouldn't make a deal now for Byfield before exploring all other options first. Other offers will come up if you announce you are shopping the pick I'm sure.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Gaudreau is good in that setup. I dont know your league, but only way I trade Byfield is for a win. I wouldn't make a deal now for Byfield before exploring all other options first. Other offers will come up if you announce you are shopping the pick I'm sure.
    Thanks for the reply.

When I said I think my team is good enough to win, I added up fantasy points per game of the 16 starters. This team was within 1% of the team that won last season.

On the other hand, you're right. It's better to make the decision in season. Lots of things can go wrong.

I'll shift to lesser targets at LW that don't cost that pick.
    23-24 NHL Schedule
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1242679413
    See number of games, off night games and back to back games for each match up

Dobber Sports Deity

Again, I'm not trading that 2nd overall. You have enough quality centers that you should be able to find a trade partner without having to add that pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."