Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sean Walker

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Sean Walker

What's your take on him? Floor and ceiling?
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Sean Walker

Ceiling, middle depth fantasy option in deeper leagues.
    Floor, waiver wire steamer for extra games.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Guru

Really nice DFS play for the cost last year though.... (Not what you were looking for I'm sure...)
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Administrator

Definitely not a star by any means. Secondary scorer who gives you a bit of everything. Combo player, not a standout in any one area.

He might already be close to his peak all-around production wise.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Here is my D as of now. Aside from Carlson, I decided to go with cheap D-men so I could spend money on forwards. We start 6 D every week. G=1, A=1, Pts, +/- and SV%

Have 2 picks left. Just wondering if Walker (2,65M) could be a descent pick-up... in case non of my youngsters stick to the nhl all season long.

Carlson 8M
    Gustafsson 3M
    Fox .925
    Hronek .715
    Marino .925
    Valimaki .895
    Brannstrom .864
    Ty Smith .864
    Merkley .864
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Ace

I can't imagine Walker being worth a pick up in your league format, especially with plus/minus as a stat. I'd probably take a swing on a higher upside, higher risk player.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm of the opinion that there's likely somebody better out there at a lower cap hit. For instance, since Walker is a King, is Matt Roy out there?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'm of the opinion that there's likely somebody better out there at a lower cap hit. For instance, since Walker is a King, is Matt Roy out there?
    Yes Roy still out there. Other cheap options available are Jokiharju, Timmins, Niku and Rafferty. Maybe just going for a better rookie would be a better choice!? Perunovich, K'Andre Miller and PO Joseph might still be there with my last pick.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you need someone who is going to likely be in the lineup playing then I would go with Matt Roy as Gamer was saying.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinxyz View Post
    Yes Roy still out there. Other cheap options available are Jokiharju, Timmins, Niku and Rafferty. Maybe just going for a better rookie would be a better choice!? Perunovich, K'Andre Miller and PO Joseph might still be there with my last pick.
    you just need to make sure your cheap D options are going to be regulars... There's no guarantee anyone you've listed here is going to play 60+ games for their team this year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    you just need to make sure your cheap D options are going to be regulars... There's no guarantee anyone you've listed here is going to play 60+ games for their team this year.
    Valid point. The initial question about Walker was because I wanted to make sure I have a minimum of 6 regular Ds in my lineup.

As of now I'm pretty sure I have 5 guarantees in Carlson, Gustafsson, Fox, Hronek and Marino. Then I have to hope at least one of Valimaki, Brannstrom or Ty Smith sticks around for the season. Not counting on Merkley this season.

Would someone like Will Butcher make more sense? A bit more expensive but I could fit him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Valid point. The initial question about Walker was because I wanted to make sure I have a minimum of 6 regular Ds in my lineup.

As of now I'm pretty sure I have 5 guarantees in Carlson, Gustafsson, Fox, Hronek and Marino. Then I have to hope at least one of Valimaki, Brannstrom or Ty Smith sticks around for the season. Not counting on Merkley this season.

Would someone like Will Butcher make more sense? A bit more expensive but I could fit him.
    Butcher's a lock to get time. I wouldn't drop any of the other 3 for him. I'd really wait to see how camps play out. I can see Brannstrom getting AHL time to at least start the season. The other two are closer IMO, but still neither are locks to play at this point

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Butcher's a lock to get time. I wouldn't drop any of the other 3 for him. I'd really wait to see how camps play out. I can see Brannstrom getting AHL time to at least start the season. The other two are closer IMO, but still neither are locks to play at this point
    Don't need to drop anyone. It's our inaugural draft and still have 2 picks left.

Pts projection for Butcher? Severson? (Will check my cap space left, would like to keep a bit of wiggle room)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Don't need to drop anyone. It's our inaugural draft and still have 2 picks left.

Pts projection for Butcher? Severson? (Will check my cap space left, would like to keep a bit of wiggle room)
    I'd put them both in the mid-30's

Dante Fabbro & Sanheim are two others to keep an eye on for cheap points

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd put them both in the mid-30's

Dante Fabbro & Sanheim are two others to keep an eye on for cheap points
    Walker is projected to get same points as Butcher in the Dobber guide. Seversen a bit more.

Both Fabbro & Sanheim are already drafted.