Thread: League Planning for H2H Formats in 2021

Administrator

Default League Planning for H2H Formats in 2021

Starting this thread to spitball ideas for how to manage H2H leagues (and really all leagues may be impacted) if we see a weird NHL schedule in 2021.

It's possible to have the All-Canadian Division, which would mean heavily imbalanced strength of schedules, but what about if we have heavily imbalanced timing of schedules as well? The NHL has thrown curveballs at H2H formats like the bye weeks or staggered season starts with games in Europe and I've been underwhelmed by solutions to those problems. What are people considering as solutions to the possibility of a team having a COVID shutdown that sees them miss games for multiple weeks like the Miami Marlins and then having a packed schedule to try and make things up later? It'd be like when the Hurricanes-Panthers had a game re-scheduled to the middle of H2H playoffs because of weather a couple of years back, but it could be blown up even greater.

If the league goes to some sort of temporary rotating bubble thing, where every couple of weeks a few different teams are on bye, I feel like that would throw H2H leagues completely off kilter. And even rotisserie leagues would be all stranged up depending on games played limits.

For my money, it feels like straight points, draft and forget pools are going to be the most easily managed, and I admit I find myself at a loss for what to do in H2H leagues, particularly dynasty type formats.

What have you smart folks been thinking up as solutions for the season ahead?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: League Planning for H2H Formats in 2021

Flip all leagues to some accumulated point roto-league.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Question: In Fantrax, can you have a three team head to head week match?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Question: In Fantrax, can you have a three team head to head week match?
    Hmm... kind of? I believe the main option is to have multiple H2H match ups per week (2, 3, 4) you could manually adjust those so it were 3 independent games with the 3 teams each playing each other.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Flip all leagues to some accumulated point roto-league.
    I thought about this too when I saw the proposed divisions and the possible delays and cancellations and my first thought was roto. I loved roto baseball back in the day but everyone wants H2H nowadays.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I thought about this too when I saw the proposed divisions and the possible delays and cancellations and my first thought was roto. I loved roto baseball back in the day but everyone wants H2H nowadays.
    I know I just have some pools where teams won't be near balanced due to periph heavy vs. scoring heavy and to get teams to make deals in what could be a one-off season scenario seems a bit extreme. Think a straight points template might be a fall back option if divisions & schedules get super wacky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You can have each week be a play every other team. That will mitigate scheduling luck that could come up where one team plays a bunch of teams who are handicapped due to NHL schedule issues.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Looks like a possible 60 game season, different division, I personally think taking h2h leageus and making them roto for a year makes the most sense. Then switch back to h2h when things get settled down.

Dobber Sports Monster

It's going to be a weird year. Perhaps increasing weekly moves might prevent teams from getting totally screwed by covid. Increase IR slots and hope your fantasy platform allows people required to isolate get designated for IR slots. All you can do really is give managers the capacity to react to news with the most flexibility - the rest is up to the fantasy gods, and gods in general.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry