Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brady Tkachuk

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Brady Tkachuk

What is his offensive upside?

Thoughts on what he does this coming season?
    Is he as good as his brother Matthew?

Through 2 seasons he's played 142 games for 43 goals and 89 pts. Now last season cut short. Would he had finished the season closer to 50 pts or more and 25 goals?

Looking at making an offer for him. Want to make a good offer as the other GM is at least open to it.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Brady Tkachuk

I'm assuming it's multi-cat? Is there a salary cap? Is the other team in a rebuild or competing? Those will all factor into what offer I'd make.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Initiate

It is for my team in signature.
    So his actual cap hit now or future means nothing.
    I am not overly concerned about hits, and PIMS as I expect those good part of his game.

I am more focused on his offense. Goals and pts mean the most. As that is needed to win.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think Brady will score between 50-60 points this year in a full season. 25ish goals.

Ottawa is getting more talent every year. This will only help Brady's numbers improve. In a few seasons I can see 60+ points with 30 goals pretty easily.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Jedi

Brady's going to blow up.. best bet is to get him now.. soon as he hits 70pts won't be able to touch him.

and yes, I think he's more offensive than his brother
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Brady's going to blow up.. best bet is to get him now.. soon as he hits 70pts won't be able to touch him.

and yes, I think he's more offensive than his brother
    Is there anyone else who supports that Brady is more offensive than his brother?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Brady is honestly one of my favourite players in the league so perhaps I'm a bit of a cheerleader, though I feel the same way about his brother so I'm not bias between them.

I will say right off the bat, Brady doesn't visually look as offensive as his brother from the eye test. Having said that, everything I've read from scouts and journalists, they seem to think he will be more of a 'force' than Matthew offensively. He's bigger and stronger but I don't think I've personally seen that X factor that Matthew seems to have from the creativity standpoint. Brady seems like a big solid capable power forward, while Matthew seems like a wrecking ball that will surprise you with his confidence to try something that probably won't work. Corey Pronman from the Athletic has them ranked virtually identical with Matthew having a little better puck skills and Brady having a little better physical game but the same skating and hockey sense (though Matthew is above Brady on his U23 list).

Frankly, I think I'd rather own Brady long-term as I like what Ottawa has moving forward better than Calgary, but overall they are such a special set of players I'd kill to own either. I think the above comment of 50-60 next season is right but after that I see 70+ once he finds a capable center.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    Is there anyone else who supports that Brady is more offensive than his brother?
    I'm curious about this too. I've heard Brady himself say what he wasn't, but that could just be modesty...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think he's a 50pt guy in a bad year, 80 pt ceiling in a good year.
    Obviously line mates and team improvements will help his numbers like any other player.
    Only 2 possible negatives I see in him is that his + - will suffer until the team improves ( if you count that in your league), and the way he plays the game makes him more likely to get injured, hard to predict that though from year to year. Wilson plays a somewhat similar game but he's maybe somewhat of the exception when it comes to avoiding injury.
    I wouldn't hesitate to acquire him based on likelihood of getting injured but + - could make me hesitate.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like both of them, and would be targeting him. Strat-O-Matic, or something else?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

He takes a TON of shots and sooner or later for young guys that usually means the goals do come.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think many support the position that he will be. I agree that the potential is there.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He is the heir apparent of a multi-cat god.

i have him in EVERY team that i am in (6 leagues) that counts HITS, PIMS, BLKS, FOW, SOG.

unless its a PTS only league, go get him before its too late (i already think it is). The best time to get him cheaply was probably a year or 2 ago.

He will be a consistent 60pts player with an upside of 70, but his peripherals are through the roof which will make him a Top 5 Fantasy asset.

my favourite player by far. in H2H, his SOG HITS and PIM by himself covers for at least 2-3 players in a roster.

Even in an keeper inaugural draft this year, he was drafted 14th overall in my league..
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Jedi

This was the consensus going into his draft year. there's no way to properly quantify his offensive ceiling based on years 1 and 2 in the NHL. Ott has been an offensive death-pit.

It might take another year or two, but he's going to blow the lid off. Norris - Stutzle - Tkachuk is going to one wicked trio.

I think you'll see a drop in hits once the points start to come.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for all the advice. Rep where I can

Working on trying to get him.
    Might be too rich to acquire him.