Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Binnington and a mid pick for Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Binnington and a mid pick for Puljujarvi

So the original offer was retracted (I WAS offering a first with PJ) for Binnington because I was able to grab Hellebyuck with that first (21) and Bouchard. If I was to get Binnington (and Bobrovsky as my third), I would be set in goal for several years. These guys are workhorses who will see the bulk of games in any given season. Just wondering if PJ's production will match his hype or is Binnington a flash in the pan (I am leaning to him not being one).
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Binnington and a mid pick for Puljujarvi

I'm confused as to why the Binnington owner would have to add to get Pulj?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    So the original offer was retracted (I WAS offering a first with PJ) for Binnington because I was able to grab Hellebyuck with that first (21) and Bouchard. If I was to get Binnington (and Bobrovsky as my third), I would be set in goal for several years. These guys are workhorses who will see the bulk of games in any given season. Just wondering if PJ's production will match his hype or is Binnington a flash in the pan (I am leaning to him not being one).
    I don't understand. Has Binnington's stock fallen this far? wow.
    Absolutely LOVE your avatar, btw.
    I played that game for a ridiculous number of hours. Those old games on Atari were so much fun, despite how crude they were. L

Dobber Sports Icon

I’m not a believer in Binny but there’s no way you should have to add to him for Pulj
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He probably added the pick as OP didnt go for the deal straight up.

I think that's a pretty good deal for Binnington

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hi all,

I just added Puljujarvi to my team in my last draft, believing it is a low risk/high reward type of pick.

But he doesn't seem very popular, even with his very good season last year and as weel as having a good chance to fit beside McDavid and/or Draisaitl.

I am personnaly high on him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post
    Hi all,

I just added Puljujarvi to my team in my last draft, believing it is a low risk/high reward type of pick.

But he doesn't seem very popular, even with his very good season last year and as weel as having a good chance to fit beside McDavid and/or Draisaitl.

I am personnaly high on him.
    he was thrown into the NHL very quick, was not particularly good at any time. Then he was unhappy that about ice time and how he was used and he left for Finland. All this contributes to peoples opinion. If you can get him for low price you get him period. Im like you, i think he will be good. I think consistent 60 points is safe bet but he could come back and flame out again and im not sure he will get third chance.

Little concerning is the fact that either Holland wanted too much, or other GMs possibly dont view Pulj very high as we all know Edmonton tired to move him and could not get anything of value.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Padawan

Wait, are we saying that Binnington is not as good as he played on their cup run?
    Or maybe his is, but we have too small a sample/ it's too early to know?

This is concerning.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I don't understand. Has Binnington's stock fallen this far? wow.
    Absolutely LOVE your avatar, btw.
    I played that game for a ridiculous number of hours. Those old games on Atari were so much fun, despite how crude they were. L
    It is a toss up for me between Blades of Steel (my Fantasy hockey team name) and that game.

And Binnington, hard to say
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Wait, are we saying that Binnington is not as good as he played on their cup run?
    Or maybe his is, but we have too small a sample/ it's too early to know?

This is concerning.
    That's the million dollar question. Will Puljujarvi hit 75 NHL points which could translate to 95-100 pool points or should I take the Goalie who had 125 pool points last year? Ughhhh......

Dobber Sports Wizard

That's the million dollar question. Will Puljujarvi hit 75 NHL points which could translate to 95-100 pool points or should I take the Goalie who had 125 pool points last year? Ughhhh......
    im probably biggest supporter of Pulj on this forum but this is madness...today, 3 pujujarvis do not get you Binnington in 99% of leagues.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm clearly behind on Pulj. Last time I saw him play in the NHL, he looked like a newborn Gazelle - clumsy, awkward, unbalanced, lost, etc etc.

I know he apparently rebounded recently but I'll believe it when I see it (at the NHL level).

He needs a real chance though, not the 7 minutes Hitch was giving him. I think we all agree on that.

The Great One

Binnigton basically lost the starting gig to Allen in the playoffs. SV% .851 and GAA of 4.72. Goals Saved Above Average of -9.25 - oof. None of this gives me confidence that he's not his way to turning into a pumpkin. Husso is hot on his heels if he falters. I'm not putting much stock in him going forward.
    "What have you done for me lately"?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Binnigton basically lost the starting gig to Allen in the playoffs. SV% .851 and GAA of 4.72. Goals Saved Above Average of -9.25 - oof. None of this gives me confidence that he's not his way to turning into a pumpkin. Husso is hot on his heels if he falters. I'm not putting much stock in him going forward.
    "What have you done for me lately"?
    Could Bingo be his name-o? This is what I am afraid of. I guess it's a matter of of comfortableness. Do I sell high on PoolParty and buy low on Binnington or stay put and risk the possibility of PJ shitting the bed again and lose this trade chip?

The Great One

Just sit tight and see what Pulj does. It's not that big of a deal to wait and see. I'd think about Driedger as a handcuff for Bobrovsky - that's another goalie I fear is toast.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch