Thread: Rookie draft

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Rookie draft

10 GM Head to Head, Pts only, Cap Keeper League. 8FWD, 5D, 2G, 2 IR, 4 Bank Prospect

I have a top 4 pick in this year's draft. Considering I may not get #1 I have been considering the idea of going off the board with my pick and taking Kaprizov, as no one in the league currently has him.

Would this be a smart decision, as I won't pick again until the second round and he may not be there at that time?

Or should I go with the top 4 that were drafted this year? Is it worth the risk if I don't get #1??

Thanks everyone!!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rookie draft

I would draft Lafreniere and Byfield before I'd draft Kaprizov. Is there any other prominent prospects available other than just this years draft class and Kaprizov?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'm sure he is the only one that fell through the radar at this point. I would know, I hustle the boys with prospects as bait. Hahahaha.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by NothnToulouse View Post
    I'm sure he is the only one that fell through the radar at this point. I would know, I hustle the boys with prospects as bait. Hahahaha.
    Right on. I dont have an issue with Kaprizov in the top four of your draft but as I say, if I have 1 or 2, Im taking Lafreniere and then Byfield first and second.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Agree with axe. If you fall in the top 2 I take one of the big dogs. I’d have no problem with him at 3.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Baga Chips View Post
    Agree with axe. If you fall in the top 2 I take one of the big dogs. I’d have no problem with him at 3.
    I agree with this. Taking him 3 or 4 is a fine move. It feels safe.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thank you all!! Appreciate yah!!!! If I land 3-4 I'll take him then.

Good luck y'all!!