Thread: Seguin

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Seguin

any other seguin owners out there wondering when weÂ’ll get an update on him? Boston was eliminated Aug 31st and Pasta had hip surgery Sept 16th but was announced Oct 13th. Dallas was eliminated Sept 28th, so just wondering if maybe he could have already had surgery this month and they also havenÂ’t announced it? I wonder what took Boston that long to announce the surgery being completed, think that is the norm or varies by team? I just know Seguin was said to have a 4 month recovery estimate, so if he hasnÂ’t had it yet thatÂ’s quite awhile to wait if heÂ’s going that route.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Seguin

Great question! The GM in our league that owns Seguin is ferociously trying to trade him as we speak. Last bit of news I've read was that he could be back around mid-February, but no words on a precise date for the surgery. Of, course, I'll try to buy low on him!
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_pro_mason View Post
    Great question! The GM in our league that owns Seguin is ferociously trying to trade him as we speak. Last bit of news I've read was that he could be back around mid-February, but no words on a precise date for the surgery. Of, course, I'll try to buy low on him!
    Bad time to sell, pre injury news I had a team interested in him but I was just Gauging the market vs actively shopping him. We have 2 IR spots so while Ir sucks, I have no issue hanging tight with him, and hopefully my team can absorb the loss. The mid February news was as of earlier this month and based on if he got surgery then, but odd to hear nothing. Not a lot seems to be transparent in pro sports these days when it comes to injuries. I have him for 2 more years, I’d rather wait for his stock to rise again before I potentially move him. I read someone on twitter saying how he’s a 50 pt guy now, ridiculous 1 off season and was only 69 games and doesn’t care about the larger sample size in his career. He’s also 28 turning 29, not old by any stretch or the type of guy that you’d expect to degrade fast. People certainly didn’t think he was crap when he was ppg Pretty much Pre last year.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Deity

You wont get many updates during the off-season. Its hard enough to get them during the season itself.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_pro_mason View Post
    Good call, imo. Now is the time to try to buy low on Seguin, not sell low.

Dobber Sports Jedi

last update i found was on rotoworld:

Tyler Seguin suffered a torn labrum in his hip during the postseason.

Dallas GM Jim Nill said that Seguin is looking at options for possible surgery, which could result in a recovery time of four months. He is apparently the only Stars player that could potentially miss time next season if he has surgery this month. Seguin was also dealing with knee issues late in season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Yeah - the most recent news from a number of sources is 8 Oct and just says he had a torn labrum in his hip and needed surgery. No news as to if he actually did.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Sounds like he's likely due for surgery next week, so now my keeper decisions really got complicated, if he's potentially going to miss first 2 months of the new season (depending when it starts).

My initial plan was to maybe buy out Meier and sign Q Hughes as regular keeper, and have Shest as my rookie, and Seguin still as a keeper too.

My other option is to buy out Seguin (2 years x 50$/year), and hang onto Meier (3 years remaining) instead.

I just don't see myself buying out Seguin though, would be terrible time to do so as when healthy he's a lot better than Meier, and Meier didn't exactly light it up last year either.

I still think I'd rather take my chances on Meier in the draft, and start with Seguin on IR (we have 2 slots). Who knows how he'll come back from surgery, but everyone is different so I'd rather take my chances with his upside, and just bank on Draisaitl, Hall, Q Hughes, and likely Shesterkin, and whoever I draft keeping me competitive in the mean time.

I'll just for sure have to prioritize forwards early in the draft, it would be nice to get a guy like Zibanejad if he's in the draft, to start at least.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Sounds like he's likely due for surgery next week, so now my keeper decisions really got complicated, if he's potentially going to miss first 2 months of the new season (depending when it starts).

My initial plan was to maybe buy out Meier and sign Q Hughes as regular keeper, and have Shest as my rookie, and Seguin still as a keeper too.

My other option is to buy out Seguin (2 years x 50$/year), and hang onto Meier (3 years remaining) instead.

I just don't see myself buying out Seguin though, would be terrible time to do so as when healthy he's a lot better than Meier, and Meier didn't exactly light it up last year either.

I still think I'd rather take my chances on Meier in the draft, and start with Seguin on IR (we have 2 slots). Who knows how he'll come back from surgery, but everyone is different so I'd rather take my chances with his upside, and just bank on Draisaitl, Hall, Q Hughes, and likely Shesterkin, and whoever I draft keeping me competitive in the mean time.

I'll just for sure have to prioritize forwards early in the draft, it would be nice to get a guy like Zibanejad if he's in the draft, to start at least.
    I do worry a little about my rw if I buy out Meier and with Seguin being hurt, means I’ll need to draft 2 rw at least. I don’t have any pure centre keepers either, but that’s a deep position in the draft anyways. My lw is super strong with Hall and Drais. Lots to think about for sure though.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I do worry a little about my rw if I buy out Meier and with Seguin being hurt, means I’ll need to draft 2 rw at least. I don’t have any pure centre keepers either, but that’s a deep position in the draft anyways. My lw is super strong with Hall and Drais. Lots to think about for sure though.
    I don't know how the money works in your league, but as a Seguin owner, I'm not expecting a big season even after return. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but assuming he'll jump into games upon his return and be back to his old self seems unlikely.

Not considering keeping Hedman and heading into the draft absolutely set at D and drafting Fs? I always think Dmen are tougher to acquire, and you'd have two of the best ones locked up. I'd think having a top 5 Dman is better than Seguin who might not be top twenty at his position this season (and isn't a lock to be top ten in a full season anymore).
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I don't know how the money works in your league, but as a Seguin owner, I'm not expecting a big season even after return. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but assuming he'll jump into games upon his return and be back to his old self seems unlikely.

Not considering keeping Hedman and heading into the draft absolutely set at D and drafting Fs? I always think Dmen are tougher to acquire, and you'd have two of the best ones locked up. I'd think having a top 5 Dman is better than Seguin who might not be top twenty at his position this season (and isn't a lock to be top ten in a full season anymore).
    Buy outs cost money, 50$ per year of contract. I’ve got Seguin and Meier under contract, for 2 and 3 years respectively. It would be awesome to keep Hedman but a stretch given contract situation and d and g are not prioritized as much as forwards keeper wise, so the top end D outside of Carlson, Hughes, Makar are in the draft pretty much, so quality of forwards is Less in draft vs d and goalies, since a lot of the keepers are forwards, and I’d rather take my chances on D in the draft to fill my other spot after Hughes, plus we have 7 forward slots (2 c, 2 lw, 2 rw, 1 skt) vs 2 D . Another team has Makar and is keeping Carlson but he has room contracts wise to keep Carlson.

The Great One

12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Agreed, full labral tear too so 4-6 months typical. Hoping for a Feb start, and full season..