Thread: last pick of draft! who do you take?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default last pick of draft! who do you take?

Last pick of the draft, who should I take? Pts only (G=2, A=1), 12 teams, H2H, start 6F/4D.

left from 2020:
    1 Ridly Greig (#28)
    2 Thomas Bordeleau (#38)
    3 Theodor Niederbach (#51)
    4 (D) Lukas Cormier (#68)

left from previous years:
    1 Jamieson Rees (2019, #44)
    2 (D) Mattias Norlinder (2019, #64)
    3 Alexander Khovanov (2018, #86)
    4 Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, #167)
    5 John Leonard (2018, #185)

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: last pick of draft! who do you take?

Khovanov would be my pick of those listed.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Khovanov would be my pick of those listed.
    Seconded.

Dobber Sports Deity

The only name on that list that I'm confident on that will play in the NHL is John Leonard. He's my choice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Khovanov or Norlinder for me

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Easy khovanov pick for me too. Most potential I would say. Definitely best name value.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like Khovanov for that pick.
    It think he has the highest upside, name value( use in any future trades), and will be the one of the group to actually play in the NHL this season or next.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The only name on that list that I'm confident on that will play in the NHL is John Leonard. He's my choice.
    This is the second time I've seen u mention leonard. What's your reason for ranking him higher than most? (Curious because I took a flyer on him in my very deep league and know next to nothing about him)

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    This is the second time I've seen u mention leonard. What's your reason for ranking him higher than most? (Curious because I took a flyer on him in my very deep league and know next to nothing about him)
    I am also Leonard-curious.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like Khovanov a lot, would go with him. I feel confident that Grieg is a future NHL player, but I think he's a stronger multi-cat option than pure points.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    I wasn't too familiar with him myself until this summer when I heard a few different scouting agencies talk very highly on him coming out of college on a few different podcasts. It got me looking deeper into him and I really liked what I saw. Clearly the Sharks like him too. This is a quote from Doug Wilson back in the spring:

"John is a high-end shooter who is creative with the puck," said Wilson. "He took big steps in both his fitness level and all-around game and became one of the most dominant offensive players in college hockey this season. We are excited to see his continued growth as a member of the Sharks organization."

Not to mention, SJ is crying for skill on the wings. Hell, they are crying for help anywhere right now. The door is wide open for this guy to come in and steal a roster spot and have a prominent role with this club right away. At 22 years of age, he's not an 18 year old boy coming out of Jr into a mans league. Yes, they have Kane, Meier and Labanc on the wings in their top six, but Meier and Kane are both RW. Leonard is a LW. Who does Leonard have to beat out for a good spot? Donato? Marleau? Sorensen? Those are the other LWers other than Evander Kane. We all know Sorensen and Marleau will be there but neither are really top six material at this stage so his only real competition is Donato.

Is there a chance he doesn't make the big squad this year, sure, but I really like his chances and I really like the upside and skill he brings.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."