Thread: Duchene / Trocheck / Saad

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Duchene / Trocheck / Saad

Duchene
    Does he get back into the 60's for points?
    Chances of scoring in the 30's for goals?
    Other thoughts on him?

Trocheck
    Is being in Carolina as the #2 C going to lead him back into the mid 50's or better for points?

Saad
    Is being in Colorado good for him posting 30+ goals?
    Is he likely to play on Kadri's 2nd line?
    What is this coming seasons Outlook goals and points?
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Duchene / Trocheck / Saad

Duchene needs a decent winger if he is to improve/rebound. Nashville is pretty empty there on the 2nd line. Unless they sign Hoffman or make a trade then I am pretty sure he will stay under 60.

I could see Trocheck bouncing back if they really stick to him as 2C and put Staal in his better suited role of shutdown guy. I would peg him for 50 to 55. A rebound shouldnt be too hard to manifest with the high octane offense in carolina.

And Saad I see more as a depth guy in colorado now. Will be given chances but I see him settling in on the 3rd line most of the time.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Trocheck for me over Duchene.

The answer for these is pretty much never Saad.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    Duchene needs a decent winger if he is to improve/rebound. Nashville is pretty empty there on the 2nd line. Unless they sign Hoffman or make a trade then I am pretty sure he will stay under 60.

I could see Trocheck bouncing back if they really stick to him as 2C and put Staal in his better suited role of shutdown guy. I would peg him for 50 to 55. A rebound shouldnt be too hard to manifest with the high octane offense in carolina.

And Saad I see more as a depth guy in colorado now. Will be given chances but I see him settling in on the 3rd line most of the time.
    Agree with most of this.

I see Saad as more of a wildcard though. He could easily see some time on the second line, heck he may even see some time on the top line if Bednar decides to spread his weapons out as he sometimes does.

Trocheck has the same problem as Duchene in that there's not alot of talented wingers to go around in Carolina, unless Necas takes a big step up. I think 50-55 tops is a good projection for both Duchene and Trocheck if their rosters stay as is.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for the insight on these 3 players.
    Rep where I could.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov