Thread: Dynasty League Crosby Trade offer

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Dynasty League Crosby Trade offer

In a 16 team dynasty league someone offered me: Mason Appleton and Crosby for Dillon Dube and the 2022 and 2023 first round picks (you can pick rookies or people that are in free agency/1-ways).

What you people think? Also kind of a rebuilding team right now. I wasn't gonna accept it but wanted some opinions

Positions: 3C, 3LW/3RW, 2F, 5D, 2 Utility, 7 reserves, and 14 players in the minors, also can have up to 5 goalies. Couple IR spots as well

The team isn't one of the better ones in the league and we use a lot of different categories which include: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, fights, SOG, PPP, hits, blocks, takeaways, faceoffs won, and time on ice.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Dynasty League Crosby Trade offer

Have you shopped Crosby around the league? I feel like you could do a lot better than that, and get pieces that are less than a couple years away from even being drafted, let alone producing.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Have you shopped Crosby around the league? I feel like you could do a lot better than that, and get pieces that are less than a couple years away from even being drafted, let alone producing.
    Crosby was offered to him.

I would be curious to see your full roster.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Crosby was offered to him.

I would be curious to see your full roster.
    Centers: Koivu, Lindholm, Zacha, Reinhart(C/RW), Wallmark, Riley Nash(C/LW), Dube(C/LW/RW), Minors: Zegras, Studnicka, Antti Suomela, German Rubtsov, Poehling, Mike Mcleod.

LW/RW: Fast, Alex Nylander, Forementon(minors), Lias Andersson(minors), Lebanc, Boeser, Gourde, Gallagher, Zucker, Tage Thompson, Anders Lee.

D: Grzelcyk, Macavoy, Alec Martinez, Brent Burns, Gostisbehere, Nutivaara, Parayko, Weeger, Brodin, Erik Johnson and minors I have Cholowski, Juolevi, Soderstrom.

Goalies: Demko, Dell, Jones, gonna try get another goalie in draft.

Only took over team end of 2018/2019 season so it'll take a bit of work to get better

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by splynch View Post
    Centers: Koivu, Lindholm, Zacha, Reinhart(C/RW), Wallmark, Riley Nash(C/LW), Dube(C/LW/RW), Minors: Zegras, Studnicka, Antti Suomela, German Rubtsov, Poehling, Mike Mcleod.

LW/RW: Fast, Alex Nylander, Forementon(minors), Lias Andersson(minors), Lebanc, Boeser, Gourde, Gallagher, Zucker, Tage Thompson, Anders Lee.

D: Grzelcyk, Macavoy, Alec Martinez, Brent Burns, Gostisbehere, Nutivaara, Parayko, Weeger, Brodin, Erik Johnson and minors I have Cholowski, Juolevi, Soderstrom.

Goalies: Demko, Dell, Jones, gonna try get another goalie in draft.

Only took over team end of 2018/2019 season so it'll take a bit of work to get better
    ohh boy thats a massive rebuild you will be doing my friend..you won't be competiting before at least 3-4 years it'd say..

you are off keeping all the 1st pick you need. (not sure if you were offered to get crosby) but if you are the receiving side getting crosby i would pass.

Also it'd shop Brent Burns to try and acquire picks before its too late.
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Don't trade 2023 1st round picks. Collect them ...

I also pass.
    The only part of me that thinks take it is that I think once the season starts i could turn around and trade Crosby for a better return. But that's my ego talking.

Smart play is to pass considering the state of your rebuild
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I have to agree with the others. As much as Crosby is an upgrade, at this point he doesn't help you enough to make this deal worth your while.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yeah thanks guys haha I wasn't gonna do it in the first place. Was going to trade Burns at/close to the deadline to see what I could get. Crosby is good but not gonna help enough for us to compete

Dobber Sports Titan

The others set you right after I misread the first post. All good!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Novice

I’d also be trying to move lee, Zucker, Gallagher, Martinez and Johnson.

There’s a serious lack of top end talent on that roster. You’re definitely into a multi year build. I’d Try to be opportunistic and deal those guys when you can for futures.

Dobber Sports Pro

Against the grain here, but I'd do it and then trade him when he's kicking butt in-season to a contender who will likely give you more than you gave up. 2 firsts seems pretty cheap for Crosby, even at his age. Only do this if you are confident you can flip him while on a hot streak though.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    Against the grain here, but I'd do it and then trade him when he's kicking butt in-season to a contender who will likely give you more than you gave up. 2 firsts seems pretty cheap for Crosby, even at his age. Only do this if you are confident you can flip him while on a hot streak though.
    It's unlikely that you get two lotto firsts, and I think that's the crux of the issue is the possibility of missing out on the top end of those fantastic 2022 and 2023 crops.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It's unlikely that you get two lotto firsts, and I think that's the crux of the issue is the possibility of missing out on the top end of those fantastic 2022 and 2023 crops.
    For sure, that's definitely a tough one. If his team stays as bad as it is right now, then he may very well be better off to decline. I've never had a team that bad and that young, so it's hard for me to wrap my head around. I get it though.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by splynch View Post
    Yeah thanks guys haha I wasn't gonna do it in the first place. Was going to trade Burns at/close to the deadline to see what I could get. Crosby is good but not gonna help enough for us to compete
    I would time Burns to a blazing hot streak and forget about deadlines.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4