Thread: Scheifele vs Point this year and next 10

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Scheifele vs Point this year and next 10

Who would you rather have this upcoming year and for next 1-5 years?

G A PTS PPP SOG HITS BLK FOW PIM

Dynasty league, no salary cap.

I feel Scheifele will do les points but will be more consistent and provide peripherals (FOW). Am i wrong to take Scheifele over Point? Can Point do constantly do 100pts+ and Scheifele 80pts? Point provides little peripherals and less FOW for a C..

Who’d you rather have?

This is a new league so i would be building my core team for the years to come. I just want to pick the best player of the 2.
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Scheifele vs Point this year and next 10

You are not wrong to take Scheifele over Point. Both should be around 80-85 points and like you said, Scheifele will provide more peripherals. Point's value is at an all-time high right now. We can't even be certain that he will consistently line up with Kucherov once Stamkos comes back healthy.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I love Scheif since I like the Jets since they are my home town team. Take Scheifele and enjoy the next 5-7 years of consistent PPG production with high FOW totals. Point I love as well, but he is only a points only based guy.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Point with all due respect for Scheifele
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Deity

Another vote for Brayden Point. People can say Hedman was the best player in the playoffs but up until Point got hurt, he was the best player in the playoffs. He's the 1C on that team and you're crazy if you dont think he and Kucherov won't be together for years.

H2H, Scheifele will win the dirtier cats like hits (not that either are big hit guys), PIMs and more importantly, FOW but offensively, I do think Point is the better of the two.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Another vote for Brayden Point. People can say Hedman was the best player in the playoffs but up until Point got hurt, he was the best player in the playoffs. He's the 1C on that team and you're crazy if you dont think he and Kucherov won't be together for years.

H2H, Scheifele will win the dirtier cats like hits (not that either are big hit guys), PIMs and more importantly, FOW but offensively, I do think Point is the better of the two.

It's definitely close though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agree with Ax here (but I’ll just post once )

My vote is for Point. Kid is still emerging as the undisputed 1C on this team. I think her peripherals are also still emerging (FOW as mentioned earlier) so I don’t even think we’ve seen his ceiling yet which is already nearly on par with Schief (amazing) who’s ceiling I think we have seen.

Stamkos will have no impact on Point’s position on this team, not his opportunities to play with Kuch IMO.

The Great One

Point, especially if you are concerned for the next 10 years as you indicate in the title of the thread.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98