Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Coyotes won't renounce draft pick who bullied Black, disabled teen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Coyotes won't renounce draft pick who bullied Black, disabled teen

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Great point. I'm embarrassed that I didn't mention the parents' role in this sooner. I don't know when they knew, but they're the ones who should have curbed it. I'm sure we all are on board with that.
    This... this right here is a very good statement to make. Thank you AW. To be honest, I'm not sure we WERE all on board. But you seem to be softening to the stance that Mitchell Miller is in NOW WAY a victim here as far as this post goes. Victim of poor parenting? Perhaps. But this post is about what he did to the other kid.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Fine, I said my peace. You've said yours. Although I didn't refer to you by you name, so most wouldn't have known or wouldn't have cared who I was talking about (unless they correctly recognized that you were coming after me publicly).
    Anyway, like you said, carry on.

Nobody cares. Nor should they.
    Fair. no you did not. And nor was I worried about putting my name to the target of that specific post. (given the amount of "rep" flying around, I doubt it would have been difficult to figure it out)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Except what you're missing is that negative repping me for that post exposes THE OTHER person as racist. Not me.
    I see nothing wrong in that picture at all. He does look sharp. He does look impressive.

Anyway who assumes sarcasm is the one who sees something in the photo that I didn't see. And I still don't see it. It's baffling.

So for anyone who thinks it was sarcastic, time to look in the mirror about your own interpretation of things.

It's like that picture from the old President Trump thread - I posted it as a bunch of rioters, and someone immediately pointed out that it was a group of Black men, which was completely irrelevant.
    I really hate to "nit pick" ... I know, I coudn't type that without smiling. But in all seriousness... I didn't see your post of that "Pic" as racist. (unless I missed something... I've been typing lots) nor do I understand your statement that Neg Rep exposes ANYONE as racist. Unless your neg rep came with a comment saying that the rep'r was infact racist.

To be honest AW (putting all this shit between us aside)... you posting that pick suggests to me that you feel he's turned out "just fine" despite the bullying (as you said you did based on your experience). My argument has always been that it was insensitive for you to make a post that essentially was comparing your experiences to his.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Unbelievable.
    What I wrote:
    1) I hope he isn't affected daily by it.
    2) He looks like a sharp, impressive-looking young man.
    And I posted a nice picture showing that impressiveness along with his mom giving him a nice kiss.

For that, I got negative repped and the pleasure of you explaining to me what I was implying in the post,
    i.e. how I was FEELing when I wrote it.

You guys are truly hard to believe. This stuff is right out of bizarro world.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Unbelievable.
    What I wrote:
    1) I hope he isn't affected daily by it.
    2) He looks like a sharp, impressive-looking young man.
    And I posted a nice picture showing that impressiveness along with his mom giving him a nice kiss.

For that, I got negative repped and the pleasure of you explaining to me what I was implying in the post,
    i.e. how I was FEELing when I wrote it.

You guys are truly hard to believe. This stuff is right out of bizarro world.
    GUY.. I even bolded the unusually BIG WORDS that clearly stated that the pic "SUGGESTED TO ME" that you feel. This was based on your past posts leading up to this one. I did NOT say that YOU DID FEEL. I was throwing you a bone in that IN MY OPINION, what you posted did not suggest racisim and as such, I didn't understand why any kind of rep exposes anyone else for being Racist. It's more than clear to me that you have no interest in seeing the other side of this arguement (especially if it brings you any closer to me), but if you go back and re-read what I wrote...maybe out loud... in a voice you'd talk to your pet with, maybe that was me extending some kind of an "olive branch" to you.

Yes I disagreed with the specific post you made that we both know
    I also disagreed that you posting that picture at all suggested you were racist (no idea who neg repped you, but that was THEIR perspective, not mine).
    I simply stated what that pic post suggested to me. I didn't accuse you of being racist, I also didn't accuse you of "ableism" based on that post.

You can go back and re-read what I wrote but I suspect the end result will be you stating that I am factually a "Hater of Donald Trump". Neither relevant here nor factually something you can prove. And well... I can't fix that for you.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Actually, you're correct havannablast - I don't know you so it's not right for me to assume you hate POTUS.

My apologies for making that false assumption, and being hypocritical, 2 things I have criticized others for, including you.

Cheers
    p.s. Just in case somebody wants to neg rep me again because they feel I'm being sarcastic, I would like to emphasize that my apology above is meant in a sincere way, no sarcasm, no tongue-in-cheek or anything like that.)

I...am your father.

This had potential to blow up badly, and I think things came close to the line, but are now cooling down again thankfully.
    I appreciate everyone taking the high road here. Internet fights are never solved - it's a combination of people sticking to their beliefs and digging deeper, or people misunderstanding where the other person stands.
    So just say your thing, read the other person's thing with an open mind, don't let your temperature rise and keep a cool head. Steer clear of name calling
    Thank you
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

its just been announced that UND has renounced his rights as well. He's no longer part of their hockey team either.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...ND-hockey-team

UND President Andrew Armacost announced in a letter to campus Friday morning that he made the decision to remove the freshman hockey player from the team, but said Miller is welcome to remain at UND as a student.

The move comes in the wake of an in-depth report by the Arizona Republic detailing Miller's admitted assault, bullying and racial abuse of a Black, developmentally disabled classmate in eighth grade in Sylvania, Ohio.

UND initially said Monday it was standing by Miller, but that changed Friday.

"I have been closely monitoring the situation concerning Men’s Hockey student-athlete Mitchell Miller, who was involved in a situation as a youth in 2016," Armacost wrote. "We expect our students to live by our values in the classroom, in the community and when representing the University on the field of play.

"After much consideration and discussions with Mitchell, the Miller family, our Athletics Director, Bill Chaves, and Coach Brad Berry, I have decided that the best course of action for Mitchell and the University is that he no longer be a member of the UND Men’s Hockey program. Mitchell may remain a student at UND and we will continue to support his future intellectual and interpersonal growth. We wish Mitchell well in whatever path he chooses in his future endeavors.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am curious as to what Miller is going to say to all of this, and hopefully how he is going to take action to become a different person. Sometimes it takes losing nearly everything for a person to truly change (if the experience of multiple alcoholics in my family has taught me anything)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I am curious as to what Miller is going to say to all of this, and hopefully how he is going to take action to become a different person. Sometimes it takes losing nearly everything for a person to truly change (if the experience of multiple alcoholics in my family has taught me anything)
    My last post on the subject. Doulos... you hit the nail for me. Sometimes rock bottom is a necessary crash to enable someone to understand the need to change. I can only hope for something positive to eventually come out of this.

Dobber Sports Deity

Absolutely. Safe to say he cant go much lower than he is today.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think that's just it... the Yotes and UND let him go AFTER speaking to Miller and his family. I think that's where things ended for him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Recruit

In general, one should avoid rushing to judgement (easier to say/write than do, I know), but I think it's especially important when we're talking about punishing an adult for something he did when he was a kid.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by oliverthom707 View Post
    In general, one should avoid rushing to judgement (easier to say/write than do, I know), but I think it's especially important when we're talking about punishing an adult for something he did when he was a kid.

Interesting first post. Welcome to the Forum. If your at all suggesting this kid didn’t get what he deserved a/o was treated unfairly, your missing the point IMO. Focusing too much on the treatment of this young man for his heinous behaviour as a “kid”, maybe focus more on the kid who was victimized as a kid and has to forever live with the effects of those multiple assaults.

But that’s just my take.

The Great One

Let’s not. Seems like some trolling going on here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch