Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Coyotes won't renounce draft pick who bullied Black, disabled teen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Coyotes won't renounce draft pick who bullied Black, disabled teen

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Asked yes, but we're still waiting on an answer. OR... maybe that's answer enough. in which cause I am appalled at your behavior here.
    The answer given was very clear and understandable.

And hey, some people are easily appalled, unfortunately.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    The answer given was very clear and understandable.

And hey, some people are easily appalled, unfortunately.
    May be clear to you in your mind, but seeing as you're usually so quick to provide factual quotes of your self and others, can you please direct my attention to where you spoke about your feelings toward the Vicitim and/or how you feel about him and how he was impacted?

I also asked you if your were Black and also if you were developmentally delayed. Because my feelings toward your comments will be directly impacted based on the answer to Those questions.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for clearing that up!
    I mean, it was previously so up-in-the-air.
    Thanks for taking a few words from my response to state the obvious and avoid addressing the issue. Let me make this very clear for you to understand. How does the Arizona Coyote’s statement on August 27th line up with their draft selection?

Dobber Sports Padawan

May be clear to you in your mind, but seeing as you're usually so quick to provide factual quotes of your self and others, can you please direct my attention to where you spoke about your feelings toward the Vicitim and/or how you feel about him and how he was impacted?

I also asked you if your were Black and also if you were developmentally delayed. Because my feelings toward your comments will be directly impacted based on the answer to Those questions.
    Are you married?
    Are you employed?
    What race are you?
    Do you have kids?
    How many times have you been in jail? Do you have a criminal record?
    What were your grades in university?

If your first reaction is "irrelevant" or "none of your business" then congratulations because that's how any normal person would/should react.
    Your questions are shit, so they're worthy of shit answers. Badger away if you like, but it makes you look immature and clueless.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    Thanks for taking a few words from my response to state the obvious and avoid addressing the issue. Let me make this very clear for you to understand. How does the Arizona Coyote’s statement on August 27th line up with their draft selection?
    I'm actually the only one open to discussing the issue.
    Most have said there is no issue.
    Their perspective is simply "He's shit. Deserves no chance at redemption. Period."

I don't think it's as simple as that.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nobody has said he deserves no chance at redemption. If you believe that statement, simply quote tweet the post where someone says that. It should be easy.

Many people have said for redemption he needs to show contrition and growth, which to date he has not, and has, as of writing, shown no interest in doing so. Redemption is earned, not given.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Are you married?
    Are you employed?
    What race are you?
    Do you have kids?
    How many times have you been in jail? Do you have a criminal record?
    What were your grades in university?

If your first reaction is "irrelevant" or "none of your business" then congratulations because that's how any normal person would/should react.
    Your questions are shit, so they're worthy of shit answers. Badger away if you like, but it makes you look immature and clueless.

Are you married? - Yes I am
    Are you employed? - Yes I am
    What race are you? - Caucasian
    Do you have kids? - I do, two in fact, I spoke of my 14 year old son earlier in this thread.
    How many times have you been in jail? - Once, I took a tour of Kingston Penitentiary 2 years ago. It was very interesting.
    Do you have a criminal record? - I do not
    What were your grades in university? - Graduated from University albeit, not with Honours but have the piece of paper... (I don't recall my specific grades in each course)

Now that you know my "reaction", despite it not matching up to what you likely consider as "Normal" I ask again

Do you truly intend to equate your school yard experiences and stated ability to "learn Resiliency" and that "you were able to get over it" and it had "very little impact to you" some 50 years later to that of a 14year old, disabled black child?

Cause if that's the case, then I've heard all i need to hear. Those words come from an insensitive, prejudicial and racist place and I have zero respect for that. Here's your chance to go re-read what you wrote and change my perspective, change the perspective of many people reading this thread. Or... you can simply continue to take she same road that Mitchell Miller seems to be taking.

There in lies the real "message".

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm actually the only one open to discussing the issue.
    Most have said there is no issue.
    Their perspective is simply "He's shit. Deserves no chance at redemption. Period."

I don't think it's as simple as that.
    Ok, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are the only one open to discussing the issue, as I have not read through the entire thread. However, since you have still not answered my question, I will ask it again: The Coyote’s made a statement on August 27th where they condemned racism and violence, pledged to fight for racial equality and social justice, and pledged to be part of the solution. How does this align with their draft selection?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    Ok, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are the only one open to discussing the issue, as I have not read through the entire thread. However, since you have still not answered my question, I will ask it again: The Coyote’s made a statement on August 27th where they condemned racism and violence, pledged to fight for racial equality and social justice, and pledged to be part of the solution. How does this align with their draft selection?
    It "aligns" because, by drafting him, they are giving Miller a voice.
    What he chooses to do with that voice going forward could be a very important step in accelerating the removal of bully culture, or whatever you want to call it.
    Maybe he does nothing with that chance.
    Or maybe he does something awesome with it. Maybe it prevents hundreds of kids in the future from being bullied.

Like I wrote already, the Coyotes know him better than I do. They think he's worth that chance. They think he's redeemable.

Dobber Sports Icon

Here's some very good information on this topic from Guy Flaming (@TPS_Guy) of the Pipeline Show.

"I interviewed this player in late July for The Pipeline Show, mentioning it on Twitter. A NHL scout contacted me and asked me how the interview went and how the player handled questions on this topic. To my embarrassment, I had no idea this had happened and so it never came up in the interview. I was bothered for a few reasons. The story itself is very disturbing plus, I have a kid with physical/mental challenges so it felt personal. I struggled with what to do with the interview - air it or not. I slept on it. I spoke with my family about it.

I went back and forth. "But he was 14 at the time, perhaps he's evolved from then and isn't that kid anymore. UND and USA Hockey have interest in him, surely they've done their homework so maybe I should cut him some slack."

Then I re-read the statements from the victim's mom. She wasn't forgiving and even worse than that, in the original reporting from mom stressed that this wasn't a one off incident but said that her son had been a target of the player for years. That is damning.

At sentencing, Magistrate William Hutcheson said "I’m not sure you still get it"

"If this is what you do in school, I wonder what you do outside of school."

"I don’t have a sense of real remorse. But I do feel that you feel sorry for yourself.”

I felt awful, guilty and even angry at myself.

My wife asked me if I would have interviewed the player had I known beforehand. I said "Of course not". But then I debated if THAT was fair. I certainly wouldn't want to be judged based on my worst day, I'm sure none of us would.

In the end I decided the fair thing would be to invite the player back on to address the topic, and then include that portion with the original interview.

I texted him as I had previously, however, this time I did not get a response from the player. I tried his agent, nothing.

As such, I explained at the end of the week's episode (July 26th) why I decided to cut the interview.

I do not regret my choice, especially after reading @charrisazrep's story. I feel for Isaiah and his parents who have to relive all of this again.

"He never runs away from it. He owns it." his last coach is quoted at the end of the article.

To this day, more than 3 months later, I have not heard back from the player nor his agent. Sounds like I'm not the only one. (see
    @JDylanBurke
    's timeline today)"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Here's some very good information on this topic from Guy Flaming (@TPS_Guy) of the Pipeline Show.

"I interviewed this player in late July for The Pipeline Show, mentioning it on Twitter. A NHL scout contacted me and asked me how the interview went and how the player handled questions on this topic. To my embarrassment, I had no idea this had happened and so it never came up in the interview. I was bothered for a few reasons. The story itself is very disturbing plus, I have a kid with physical/mental challenges so it felt personal. I struggled with what to do with the interview - air it or not. I slept on it. I spoke with my family about it.

I went back and forth. "But he was 14 at the time, perhaps he's evolved from then and isn't that kid anymore. UND and USA Hockey have interest in him, surely they've done their homework so maybe I should cut him some slack."

Then I re-read the statements from the victim's mom. She wasn't forgiving and even worse than that, in the original reporting from mom stressed that this wasn't a one off incident but said that her son had been a target of the player for years. That is damning.

At sentencing, Magistrate William Hutcheson said "I’m not sure you still get it"

"If this is what you do in school, I wonder what you do outside of school."

"I don’t have a sense of real remorse. But I do feel that you feel sorry for yourself.”

I felt awful, guilty and even angry at myself.

My wife asked me if I would have interviewed the player had I known beforehand. I said "Of course not". But then I debated if THAT was fair. I certainly wouldn't want to be judged based on my worst day, I'm sure none of us would.

In the end I decided the fair thing would be to invite the player back on to address the topic, and then include that portion with the original interview.

I texted him as I had previously, however, this time I did not get a response from the player. I tried his agent, nothing.

As such, I explained at the end of the week's episode (July 26th) why I decided to cut the interview.

I do not regret my choice, especially after reading @charrisazrep's story. I feel for Isaiah and his parents who have to relive all of this again.

"He never runs away from it. He owns it." his last coach is quoted at the end of the article.

To this day, more than 3 months later, I have not heard back from the player nor his agent. Sounds like I'm not the only one. (see
    @JDylanBurke
    's timeline today)"
    That really doesn't sound remorseful. Especially given the "platform" he now has. There's talk about him volunteering and trying to become an advocate to fight bullying moving forward. This kid should use his good fortune and "platform" to do right by his previous actions. Maybe make an effort to address his past before trying to be an advocate for the future. I mean what does that say about the foundation on which his "changed behaviour" is being built upon.

Thanks for sharing Chuck.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well, I guess we have our answer.
    Cancel culture wins again.

renounced.JPG

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

renounced.JPG
    Well... we definitely have an answer. Your character strikes again. You must take great pride knowing that each and every one of your posts matches your overtly aggressive avatar. I commend you on that selection. Atleast I know what to expect.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well... we definitely have an answer. Your character strikes again. You must take great pride knowing that each and every one of your posts matches your overtly aggressive avatar. I commend you on that selection. Atleast I know what to expect.
    ^ Exhibit C ^

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

renounced.JPG
    Oh boo hoo. Cry me a river. You reap what you sow. Maybe now he will actually do some proper reflecting on his life choices.