Thread: Need to drop 2 !

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Need to drop 2 !

Hello every one. Thanks for reading.

I can only keep 6 out of these 8. Byfield, Rossi, Zegras, Turcotte, Frost, Raymond Caufield and Holtz.

I need them to be doing about 50pts in 2yrs from now so 21/22 to 23/24. While they are still on their Elc.

Very tight Cap and I am counting on them for cheap production.

Who you guys leaving behind?
    Roster 12 Forwards 6 D and 2 Goalies. Also have 2 spares ALL Keepers, Pts only.

Cap follows NHL and we go by total Salary.

Second Rebuilding year.

Forward: McDavid 15m, Mathews 16m, Marner 16m, Rantanen 12m, Aho 12m, Barzal ?m. and 6 ELC Rookies: J.Hughes, Dach, Frost, Zegras, Turcotte, Caufield.

On Def I got: Sergachev ?m, McAvoy 4m and 4 ELC Rookies Q.Hughes, Boqvist, T.Smith and Seider. Goalie: Empty , Demko.

In Spares I have . Tavares 16m and Andreas Johnsson 5m

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Need to drop 2 !

Those are some pretty high end prospects. Trading isn't an option before just outright dropping them?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Can you drop Johnsson instead and then trade one?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yikes!

I second Johnsson if that's an option & then Caufield would get the chop for me.

Otherwise, Caufield & probably Turcotte based on your want for 50+pts in 2yrs. I doubt he gets there. (I doubt all but Byfield do by 2021/22 season)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Yikes!

I second Johnsson if that's an option & then Caufield would get the chop for me.

Otherwise, Caufield & probably Turcotte based on your want for 50+pts in 2yrs. I doubt he gets there. (I doubt all but Byfield do by 2021/22 season)
    Yes Johnsson and Tavares are being drop their spot is counted in the 6 available spot.

Second Rebuilding year.

Forward: McDavid 15m, Mathews 16m, Marner 16m, Rantanen 12m, Aho 12m, Barzal ?m. and 6 ELC Rookies: J.Hughes, Dach, Frost, Zegras, Turcotte, Caufield.

On Def I got: Sergachev ?m, McAvoy 4m and 4 ELC Rookies Q.Hughes, Boqvist, T.Smith and Seider. Goalie: Empty , Demko.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Turcotte and caufield get the chop for me

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    Turcotte and caufield get the chop for me
    I was leaning toward droping Frost. You guys like him? more ready then the other but .... thats it?

Second Rebuilding year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Fair enough.

I think the two least likely to hit the 50 point threshold in two years are Turcotte and Holtz. Holtz I think will take a couple years to adapt to North America once he does come over, and I don't think Turcotte is going to be rushed past the incumbents nor the other top prospects like Byfield and Vilardi. I hate to drop any of them, but those would be my two.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Star

I think Frost has the lowest ceiling of all listed, but he is closer to NHL action and your question prioritizes production within a soon-to-open-window. My picks would be Turcotte and Holtz.

Dobber Sports Deity

Caufield and Holtz would be my two drops. I love both kids but Caufield is a RW, and the Habs just locked up Toffoli, Anderson and Gallagher to long term deals and all three play RW. Not sure where Caufield fits in there any time soon. Holtz just has a little less value for me versus the rest.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Turcotte and Caufield for me...no way im dropping Holtz....either he plays on first or second line he has great set up man and he is quite a magician when it comes to shooting on PP.

I personally was never a fan of Turcotte...and if Vilardi stays healthy i dont see Turcotte carving a significant role with LA any time soon.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones