Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are Either Raymond or Stutzle NHL-Ready??

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Are Either Raymond or Stutzle NHL-Ready??

Is there a good likelihood that either or both of these guys are NHL-ready??
    ...or do either or both seem to more-than-likely require some AHL experience first?

Trying to avoid speaking with any certainty. LOL

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Are Either Raymond or Stutzle NHL-Ready??

Most things I've seen suggest that as players, neither is NHL ready now. The other thing is that with them both being in European men's leagues that are playing, their teams will probably want them to keep playing and get experience there as opposed to coming to an NHL where they don't know with certainty how the season will play out. At best, I see 9 games or fewer for each of them, after their Euro seasons end, just to give them a taste.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think both play in NHL next year but not at start. By the time NHL is half way through the season, Seasons in Germany and Sweden will be over. There is no AHL teams for these guys to play in so i can see them coming over and getting roster spots to develop further. Not that either team should be very competitive next year.

Everything we been hearing from Stutzle is that goal is to play in NHL next year. So im assuming his contract also has an out. He is now injured and out for another 4-6 weeks so its possible he just comes over, plays World Junior in Endmonton and flies straight to Ottawa to avoid quarantine twice.

I think given the teams they are on, and the fact that they both played against man for a while now, i think could play in NHL right now. Will they? We will see.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

https://theathletic.com/2135445/2020...nhl-next-year/

Would just like to point out that technically neither can play in the NHL next year, whether they are ready or not. It's plausible but unlikely Stutzle is let out of his Mannheim contract before their season ends. I would say it's even more unlikely Frolunda lets Raymond out of his.

The Great One

I can't speak to Raymond's situation, but there was talk around these parts of Stutzle requiring some AHL seasoning before he plays for the Sens. I suspect he plays in Germany next year, and then probably gets some AHL time before he plays regularly at the NHL level.

Maybe next year he comes over to North America after the German season is over, and he might get into the NHL lineup at that time for a few games, but I think he will be AHL bound at some point.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

A related questions. Do either of these guys have an edge in peripheral stats, or some grunt in their game? From what I can see Stutzle might have a little but hard to tell.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Both are mainly point based players from what i've seen, but if Stutzle sticks as a center then he'll have the edge with faceoffs most likely. I like Raymond more as a player so I'd take him over Stutzle.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Initiate

No and no but it won’t be long
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would be surprised if Raymond even got the 9 games since Detroit is in no rush and has a ton of forwards to fill limited spots.

The Great One

I believe we’ve established that neither is likely to play regardless of readiness because of the contracts they are in - they missed the deadline to sign entry level deals.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I believe we’ve established that neither is likely to play regardless of readiness because of the contracts they are in - they missed the deadline to sign entry level deals.
    I thought Rossi signed his ELC. Is it really too late for this coming season??

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    I thought Rossi signed his ELC. Is it really too late for this coming season??
    Rossi is eligible to play as far as i know, not sure exactly how the contracts work this year...

Rossi is just about to start the season in Switzerland...we will see where that goes.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Raymond and Stutzle (Stuetzle?) have standard contracts in their respective pro leagues. Due to NHL-Euro transfer agreements, they cannot sign their ELCs and come over to play in the AHL or NHL until those contracts expire or are terminated by the team.

Marco Rossi played in the CHL, signed his ELC, and then was loaned to his Swiss team, meaning he has an out clause allowing him to come back when the NHL season starts.

For whatever reason, there appears to have more reporting done on Stuetzle than Raymond. However, from what has been reported, Stuetzle has 2 years remaining on his contract with Mannheim in the DEL. They can terminate this contract at any time, however he is an important part of their team and it's unlikely they would terminate his contract any time prior to at least the end of this current DEL season, roughly June or so. Meaning depending on the NHL schedule, Stuetzle, theoretically could come over and sign his ELC with Ottawa at that time, contingent on Mannheim releasing him. They could also choose to keep him under contract for the two full years. The Mannheim GM has said he is willing to work with Ottawa on this, but he still has to focus on his team and what is best for Stuetzel, noting Ottawa ~should~ do the same.

For Raymond, if he has a 1 year contract, he could come over around the same time, June, and sign his ELC with DRW, dependent on the NHL schedule. If he has a longer contract, same as above. Frolunda is one of the better teams in the SHL, so again, I would think it is unlikely they terminate Raymond's contract early.

The Great One

Also, the normal deadline for signing an ELC is June 1 for that following season...meaning both Raymond and Stutzle have already missed it. I'm guessing this will be re-visited and adjusted?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Also, the normal deadline for signing an ELC is June 1 for that following season...meaning both Raymond and Stutzle have already missed it. I'm guessing this will be re-visited and adjusted?
    June 1st? that can only be true for prospects not in daft class that year.

Draft is not till late June and players can still sign and play following season...