Thread: Perspective

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Perspective

Looking to potentially move T.Barrie and was offered

1st's in 21 and 22 … they will probably be in the 15-24 range as he's got a solid team.

Was also offered some fodder in another offer ...Raphael Lavoie , Pavel Dorofeyev , Jeremie Poirier and 2 / 2nd's in 2022... Now the thing with prospects in out league is we start with 7 slots but if u deal a prospect and don't get one back you lose a slot.. |So you cant deal prospects then refill the cupboard off the WW. So essentially if you deal all your prospects you wont get new slots till next draft and they will be dependant on how many picks you have.
    This also leads to the WW and prospects , you can only pick up a prospect if you drop one , so even tho these 3 prospects are not top tier , they give me flexability to acquire any prospects on the wire that may start looking good or get opportunities.

im not really feeling either as im not interested in unproven for a Solid D man like Barrie , but maybe im missing something?... Over valueing him?

Thanks
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Perspective

No. The 15-24 range ends up being too much of a crapshoot to move a fantasy asset like Barrie.

I'm assuming the second offer is Lavoie, Dorofeyev and Poirier and 2 2nd's in 2022? These are all mid to low level assets. A dead giveaway it's a bad deal when the guy throws 5 assets at you for one. You should be aiming higher to obtain more of a sure thing. I'm also not trading an asset like Barrie just to gain some flexibility to drop a guy for another iffy prospect.

Unless you get a great offer, hold on to Barrie and let him increase his stock this year. He's motivated and should have a better year to improve his numbers and his stock. I'd bet on a strong year from him and you might even be able to trade him early on for an overpay if he gets off to a hot start in EDM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Agreed , thanks

Dobber Sports Jedi

My questions... - do you have the depth to replace him? Who can you add to fill the roster slot.

In your pool... he's a peripheral killer. I need my D to hit and block or at least be exceptional offensive talents. he's good. not exceptional. Personally, I'd be all for trading him in your format (assumption made this is for league in sig).

That said, now in Edm. Kofax is right.. and suggest a hold to let Barrie bring his value up. Signing in Edm is a good spot for him. But let him show it to your league. Then move him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

i actually dont mind prospects you are offered all 3 of them maybe more advanced than 15-24 picks so i preferred that offer until you said you would need to drop 3 other prospects to make room..or do you gain slots when you trade for prospects?

if you rebuilding i think i would take my chances with those 3 prospects assuming you can fit them in...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i actually dont mind prospects you are offered all 3 of them maybe more advanced than 15-24 picks so i preferred that offer until you said you would need to drop 3 other prospects to make room..or do you gain slots when you trade for prospects?

if you rebuilding i think i would take my chances with those 3 prospects assuming you can fit them in...
    You gain slots when you trade for prospects , so I would get 3 new prospect's/slots … Prospects on the WW I could snag are T.Liljgren , Rasmussen , P.O.Joseph , Akil Thomas , MKaut , V.Abramov , Lias Andersson, N.Merkely (NJ) , JA DOLAN , J.Dugan , V.Gavrikov

I just feel better to wait for a Bonafide prospect of high quality then a handful of maybe's , especially for a Stud like Barrie

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    You gain slots when you trade for prospects , so I would get 3 new prospect's/slots … Prospects on the WW I could snag are T.Liljgren , Rasmussen , P.O.Joseph , Akil Thomas , MKaut , V.Abramov , Lias Andersson, N.Merkely (NJ) , JA DOLAN , J.Dugan , V.Gavrikov

I just feel better to wait for a Bonafide prospect of high quality then a handful of maybe's , especially for a Stud like Barrie
    I don't think any of those 3 prospects are worth Barrie. So yeah, I hold or demand some higher quality.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agree with the others. Hang on to Barrie. Could be a boon this year.

Dobber Sports Stud

I like Barrie for this year also BECAUSE he signed a one-year deal, and his shot to extend his NHL career as a $4M-plus player is dependent on results. Especially with Klefbom out, I see Barrie as 25+ PPP. And worth far more than you’ve been offered.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson