Thread: Hedman trade

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Hedman trade

Sitting on this one and want a quick opinion or two to convince me to pull the trigger (or not)..

My Hedman, Patches, Fleury

for

His Malkin, Dumba, Price

H2H points Daily Starts 3C/3W/4D/2G
    Skaters - G/A/SOG/PlusMinus/SHP/PPP/GWG/HatTrick/PIM/Hits/Blocks/FOW
    Goalies - Saves, GA, W, OTL, SOL

My team is older and very much win now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Hedman trade

Who are your keepers?
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by VanDan View Post
    Who are your keepers?
    It's a dynasty, so full keeper. Of note, however, is that next year there will be an expansion draft and I will need to expose one of my goalies (my other two are Rask and Lehner) and a good chunk of my skaters (you can protect something like 8-10, but I think there is a limit to how many players can be selected from each team)

Forwards: Crosby, Tavares, Stamkos, Hall, Kopitar, Wheeler, Marchand, Backstrom, Schenn, Patches, Getzlaf
    Defense: Hedman, Karlsson, Burns, Suter, Weber, Yandle, Trouba, Subban
    Goalies: Lehner, Rask, Fleury

Dobber Sports Initiate

well the goalie situation seems a little tricky, if you keep what u have then u can just expose Fleury in the expansion draft but if Rask decides to retire after his contract is up then you will need to trade for another G. Acquiring Price would work as then you could expose Rask and still have Lehner/Price as ur tandem.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm not familiar with Patches and assume you're talking about Pacioretty. I think you're losing the best player in this trade in Hedman, who I'd hate to trade for veterans on the downslope. I get the upgrade in goal (Rask may retire and Fleury isn't a no 1 anymore) and Malkin still has a couple of good years left but I don't think Dumba will be a 50 point player again. I think you're looking at a deal that will help you next year and then hurt the rest of the way. Hedman is your best Dman by far.

I'd swap Karlsson for Hedman due to the injury history and adjust your price accordingly. Depending on how many teams are in your league you can sort out your goalie situation next year when the expansion draft happens and people are desperate to move extra goalies.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You only downgrade on D. If Rask retires, leaing you with only 2 G, do you have to expose one of the 2 remaining, or can you pick up a guy simply to expose him, or do you expose no goalies, or just expose a retired Rask?

I like the forward & goalie upgrades enough to do it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    You only downgrade on D. If Rask retires, leaing you with only 2 G, do you have to expose one of the 2 remaining, or can you pick up a guy simply to expose him, or do you expose no goalies, or just expose a retired Rask?
    I can just pick up a backup and expose that goalie if he were to retire. To me it doesn't sound like that is too likely though?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    I can just pick up a backup and expose that goalie if he were to retire. To me it doesn't sound like that is too likely though?
    In that case I definitely want the Price/Malkin side. There's no downside risk on ending up at one good goalie.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.