Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EK trade

The Great One

Default EK trade

So Ive been reticent to post trades from this league on here because most of the owners are avid dobberites but I just need a second opinion on this.

Full disclosure along with being a regukar contrarian Im also of the mind that EK could rebound like crazy. I know its far from a guarantee and Im basing the trade on an 80% chance hes a 55-60 point player which is like a Josi lite anyways with maybe a 20% chance that he bounces back to his glory days after the long hiatus and time to heal!!

Id also add Jack Quinn- big add if you ask me and replace one of Djoos or more likely Zuccafrello with Toffoli who I really like in Mtl playing topline with Suzie Q.

I have to give up Josi on his own. Thoughts?

The Great One

Default Re: EK trade

Is there a trade offer somewhere in here? I don’t see an actual trade.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If this is you giving up josi for erik Karlsson then that's an easy pass for me.

Well, there is three things to look at, past history vs future and injury history.

Past, EK's worst seasons statistically are roughly equivalent to Josi's best seasons. At his worst EK puts out around 60 points over a full season, at his best Josi puts out around 60-70 a season.

Future, I don't think we will see the ppg or over ppg days of Karlsson again, his age/deployment/potential injuries puts that to bed, that being said, I do think he rebounds and settles into an easy 55+ points with upside for 70-75
    Josi is maybe the best D in the league atm in real life, fantasy wise, he's about as solid and dependable as they come. He hasn't quite hit the highs as some of his rivals ie; Burns/EK/Carlson etc; but he's a sure bet to hit at least 50 with upside of 65ish there as well.

Injury history, honestly, I don't think there is a huge statistical difference between Josi/EK anymore, over the next 2-3 seasons I think they're going to be relatively close to each other in ppg. The real difference I think will be in total points, where Josi has a good chance to leap ahead of EK quite a bit. Josi is a horse, plays a ton of minutes and rarely misses time. They're both the same age, but EK has a lot more mileage on his body due to injuries.

Bottom line, for ppg output, Josi and EK should be fairly close to one another, with a slight edge to EK.
    Actual points over the next couple of years, Josi wins this.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Don't trade for EK...especially at the cost of Josi...u will regret it. Id consider Ek pretty much a secondary piece until he proves otherwise...and even then he's what 30? Not many miles left for super Erik anymore

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    So Ive been reticent to post trades from this league on here because most of the owners are avid dobberites but I just need a second opinion on this.

Full disclosure along with being a regukar contrarian Im also of the mind that EK could rebound like crazy. I know its far from a guarantee and Im basing the trade on an 80% chance hes a 55-60 point player which is like a Josi lite anyways with maybe a 20% chance that he bounces back to his glory days after the long hiatus and time to heal!!

Id also add Jack Quinn- big add if you ask me and replace one of Djoos or more likely Zuccafrello with Toffoli who I really like in Mtl playing topline with Suzie Q.

I have to give up Josi on his own. Thoughts?
    Need more clarification on what the offer is. It's muddled in there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    Don't trade for EK...especially at the cost of Josi...u will regret it. Id consider Ek pretty much a secondary piece until he proves otherwise...and even then he's what 30? Not many miles left for super Erik anymore
    Technically you're right, but 1 day age difference isn't that big of a deal (EK born on May 31st, Josi June 1st of 1990)

Top players can still produce top points even in their early 30's, some can carry it into their mid 30's, I wouldn't write either of them off yet. As I said earlier, EK likely won't ever reach his past heights, but if he was likely to, no one would ever do Josi for EK straight up. A Karlsson at 80% of his output from before is still a top 5 scoring D in the league.
    Josi is the safer bet here, less likely to get hurt and pretty much assured 50-65 points over the next 3 seasons.
    EK is the gamble, his floor (over a full 82 games played) is low 50's, he still has the ability to put up 70-75 points. Out of 246 games over next 3 years, how many of those is he potentially going to miss though?
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Pro

Is the trade Josi PLUS Jack Quinn for Karlsson?
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

The Great One

Josi for EK, Toffoli AND Jack Quinn. Id be giving up Josi. I know I lose the BPA but Josi upgrades to 9.5 this year so the salary is not the disaster it might be with another player. I feel like I could add a very significant "here and now" player for Quiinn. I also agree with the poster who said Josi is much the secier name but when it comes down to it Im not betting my house on him outscoring EK next season...

Dobber Sports Pro

If you can do that and NOT give up anything else to get Toffoli and Quinn, then it's not too bad. But you adding to Josi should shut down those trade talks.
    G - Skinner

F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    B - Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Jedi

Josi for EK, Toffoli AND Jack Quinn. Id be giving up Josi. I know I lose the BPA but Josi upgrades to 9.5 this year so the salary is not the disaster it might be with another player. I feel like I could add a very significant "here and now" player for Quiinn. I also agree with the poster who said Josi is much the secier name but when it comes down to it Im not betting my house on him outscoring EK next season...
    That other player would be E Karlsson with a cap hit of 11.5m - 2m Base salary & 10m in bonus' for 12m paid money,

So Josi 9.5m vs. Karlsson 11.5m or 12m (depending which cap format you use) + Toffoli 4.5 & Quinn - (little no value for 2-3yrs due to NHL timeline being unknown.

you can't concern yourself with Josi's salary and not have serious concerns about EK's.

For the next 2-3 years Josi's the best bet of high paid Dmen to earn his salary.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    That other player would be E Karlsson with a cap hit of 11.5m - 2m Base salary & 10m in bonus' for 12m paid money,

So Josi 9.5m vs. Karlsson 11.5m or 12m (depending which cap format you use) + Toffoli 4.5 & Quinn - (little no value for 2-3yrs due to NHL timeline being unknown.

you can't concern yourself with Josi's salary and not have serious concerns about EK's.

For the next 2-3 years Josi's the best bet of high paid Dmen to earn his salary.
    Yes. Don't make this trade. It stinks.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Its a league full of sharks- you gotta take big swings to get big results. Im doing it gents! Thank you for the feedback though- I just didnt hear much outside of Josi being reliable (I know he is- its a gamble- and the fact hes a sexy name is what nets a haul like this) and that peoplearent big on an EK bounceback (fair enough- but if he does and its at least within the realm of possibility this trade alone probably pushes me up a few spots in terms of contention. Its high risk high reward and lots of people on here are conservative by nature (which I respect ftr)- but I have a point to prove in this league and Id really rather flame out trying than just have a middling result. Its funny- in other leagues I might pass too-0 but I feel thrilled to accept in this league- its Fantasy Hockey Russian Roulette and Im happy to be able to take a spin against this particualr set of oppnents- lol!!!

The Great One

I don't understand your reasoning quite a bit of the time. If you know you're going to continue to make these bad trades why bother getting on here and asking for opinions? Sometimes big swings simply result in strike outs. The point you may end up proving is that you're not very good at fantasy hockey.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Its a league full of sharks- you gotta take big swings to get big results. Im doing it gents! Thank you for the feedback though- I just didnt hear much outside of Josi being reliable (I know he is- its a gamble- and the fact hes a sexy name is what nets a haul like this) and that peoplearent big on an EK bounceback (fair enough- but if he does and its at least within the realm of possibility this trade alone probably pushes me up a few spots in terms of contention. Its high risk high reward and lots of people on here are conservative by nature (which I respect ftr)- but I have a point to prove in this league and Id really rather flame out trying than just have a middling result. Its funny- in other leagues I might pass too-0 but I feel thrilled to accept in this league- its Fantasy Hockey Russian Roulette and Im happy to be able to take a spin against this particualr set of oppnents- lol!!!
    Yeah, baby - go big or go home! Glad you're having fun doing it. I traded away a load of high picks this off season that I probably would have been smart to keep (started with decent keepers and epic picks) but now I have a bunch of superstar keepers I love that were NOT cheap but will be awesome to own for years (but pretty meh picks now). Sometimes it's fun to stir things up a little!
    G - Skinner

B - Mateychuk