Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: EK trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: EK trade

Quote Originally Posted by ex_factor View Post
    Sorry, I don't want to derail your topic here, but can you substantiate this claim?
    2 years later, still waiting.

The Great One

Dude you are so clearly an alternate account troll. The last time you posted under "ex_factor" was over a year ago and it was all fake tough guy stuff sitting in everybody- i actually had this account blocked and likely still will in the future lol! Yet shocker here you are posting within 12 hours of a post ex factor was a part of.

This tells me three things:

- You're a prominent poster.
    - You can't even say this stuff under your "nice guy" account.
    - You're spineless and a waste of time.

You dmenadong some call for transparency is funny. This is an alternate account you putz- lmao!!

I won NAB a prominent league on here. I did it picking second overall because the team i had inherited in a twn year keeper had the worst record. Its not often you get to add Leon draisaitl with your first pick and still win.

I've told the story many times how I traded crosbu for 6 assets in my second year and after two more years of suckimg I won my first ever fantasy league 3 out of the next 4 years. That was literally my first league and it was a behemoth 22 man format. I could never have done that without the help of these forums.

Outside of that I've won two other times and finished in contention plenty of times.

Do I have records? No and im sure you'll roast the living christ out of me for it but I've been saying most of this stuff for years on here anyways. I constantly admit when I'm wrong and I don't need to build up any cred on here. I don't even take all that much credit for my early winnings as these boards had some very insightful, patient and respectful posters back then who really helped me along the way including dobber and some of his writers being very active and helping me through article comments and mailbag. I did win NAB and two other times but I made a lot of mistakes along the way anyways- not that I need to give you troll food right now but the premise is that you need to be good and get lucky to win in a competetive league imho. I haven't won often in the last three years mostly because for reasons I'd never share with an account purely made for trolling people I haven't really been active. My main league I started a rebuild and the other two im not active in anymore. That league i was in with you was a nightmare. I had the gall to suggest quinn Hughes was something special offensively and then it was full on attack mode. Have you guys heard of nuance? Subtlety? It taught me a great lesson- I've never joined a league without reading the message board first since then.

Why did I respond? Its Christmas so there you go! I know since this is a troll account on a thread you were trolling what your motive is- its not sneaky or anything. I'll be laughing egg now in hand reading you do your best to eviscerate me cause maybe I didn't post a link ? You'll spi some more tea about a crappy league I was in with a troll 3 years ago??

This post was simple- not gloating- just wanted to point out that "hey sometimes trades that don't get propped up in the echo chamber actually pan out. Having ideas that are DIFFEENT are not the same as having ideas that are BAD. I could care less about the trade, the league or the rest of it. Its clear which drum you're still beating and tbh I feel dumb for having engaged you this much...

The Great One

I still wouldn’t make that trade.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Dude you are so clearly an alternate account troll. The last time you posted under "ex_factor" was over a year ago and it was all fake tough guy stuff sitting in everybody- i actually had this account blocked and likely still will in the future lol! Yet shocker here you are posting within 12 hours of a post ex factor was a part of.

This tells me three things:

- You're a prominent poster.
    - You can't even say this stuff under your "nice guy" account.
    - You're spineless and a waste of time.

You dmenadong some call for transparency is funny. This is an alternate account you putz- lmao!!

I won NAB a prominent league on here. I did it picking second overall because the team i had inherited in a twn year keeper had the worst record. Its not often you get to add Leon draisaitl with your first pick and still win.

I've told the story many times how I traded crosbu for 6 assets in my second year and after two more years of suckimg I won my first ever fantasy league 3 out of the next 4 years. That was literally my first league and it was a behemoth 22 man format. I could never have done that without the help of these forums.

Outside of that I've won two other times and finished in contention plenty of times.

Do I have records? No and im sure you'll roast the living christ out of me for it but I've been saying most of this stuff for years on here anyways. I constantly admit when I'm wrong and I don't need to build up any cred on here. I don't even take all that much credit for my early winnings as these boards had some very insightful, patient and respectful posters back then who really helped me along the way including dobber and some of his writers being very active and helping me through article comments and mailbag. I did win NAB and two other times but I made a lot of mistakes along the way anyways- not that I need to give you troll food right now but the premise is that you need to be good and get lucky to win in a competetive league imho. I haven't won often in the last three years mostly because for reasons I'd never share with an account purely made for trolling people I haven't really been active. My main league I started a rebuild and the other two im not active in anymore. That league i was in with you was a nightmare. I had the gall to suggest quinn Hughes was something special offensively and then it was full on attack mode. Have you guys heard of nuance? Subtlety? It taught me a great lesson- I've never joined a league without reading the message board first since then.

Why did I respond? Its Christmas so there you go! I know since this is a troll account on a thread you were trolling what your motive is- its not sneaky or anything. I'll be laughing egg now in hand reading you do your best to eviscerate me cause maybe I didn't post a link ? You'll spi some more tea about a crappy league I was in with a troll 3 years ago??

This post was simple- not gloating- just wanted to point out that "hey sometimes trades that don't get propped up in the echo chamber actually pan out. Having ideas that are DIFFEENT are not the same as having ideas that are BAD. I could care less about the trade, the league or the rest of it. Its clear which drum you're still beating and tbh I feel dumb for having engaged you this much...

Rather than typing all this garbage, you could have saved yourself some time and simply replied with “of course I cant supply proof for that outlandish claim, because I’m a filthy liar”

Also, don’t strain your brain overthinking things and making up conspiracy theories. I don’t have another username / account; I just don’t post here often. A friend of mine on the forum alerted me of the cringe-fiesta you were putting on, so I came by for a laugh, and saw this great topic.

Merry Christmas.

The Great One

Haha you have friends who update you about cringe Fiestas with really specific posters. Your a joke pal go be spineless on someone else's time- goof...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I still wouldn’t make that trade.
    Fair enough- still think its hard evidence so.eones bad at fantasy hockey?? I can even see some holes in it going back two years. Like its a landslide now but there were periods it wasn't so much that way and ill even admit quinn looked like a risky guy to invest in but it certainly panned out ok. Ftr I don't own the team but id still make that trade 11 times out of 10 and the context mayters- that league was farmed out and built on active dobber forum users- you couldn't get any statistical edge getting feedback on the forum because every single user was reading it lol!

I'm not here to poop on anyone's opinion im just trying to say its easy to say someone's dumb or their posting is redundant when five or six guys are jumping on their viewpoint but outside of the human element to it (aka were a people behind these accounts- well most of us anyways haha!) I just think its a good practice to take stock of the fact that sometimes the conventional wisdom is nuanced and not so linear as we make it out to be, so.etimes its lacking perspective or key context that would screw things, and so.etimes its just flat out wrong. My aim on here is to give advice to help people and for me when people have pointed out where I was wrong after the fact its often had a sobering impact.

Tldr version- its easy to gang up in the moment, its a lot harder to fact check your data after the fact and make sure you gave the best insight you could but I submit wed all be better posters if we did...

The Great One

Wait…you don’t own this team? So you got booted or quit? I don’t understand. Just keeps getting better…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Wait…you don’t own this team? So you got booted or quit? I don’t understand. Just keeps getting better…
    Huh- maybe i did overrate your opinion after all. You said some pretty sh*ttyn things in regards to a trade that ended up panning out pretty good and your response is just to take nore jabs at me. At least your motivations clear- its really important that all these forum users know that you got the better of me- sorry I wasted my time here- what a boring thing to focus on- lmao...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I didn't see this one lol! Man you're better than that- you're gonna be offended cause someone doesn't agree with your take? Its a place for discussion and discourse! I'm gonna assume you were just having a bad day here. I'm gonna forgive that nad at fantasy hockey stuff too- I mean hypothetically if I was- isn't this exactly where I'm supposed to be anyways??
    Did you really bump a 2020 thread just to insult folks?
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

The Great One

No- i didn't- this is just tiring at this point. I bumped it to say hey next time you pile on about how bad a trade is maybe think of ones like this that ended up working out just fine....

The Great One

If you're looking at time stamps I replied on the comment before the one you quoted. I literally never read all the aggro stuff at the time and just said cmon man you're better than that cause I assumed that was the case and id already made my point in the post beforehand. Can you clarify something though- how did I insult him? A guy literally did insult me a few months ago and I just read it now and said you're better than that- thats insulting? Im not sure how but im a little exasperated lately anyways so yea feel free to keep taking jabs- i def insulted him by saying you're better than that. Turns out he wasn't so its a moot point anyways haha!