Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EK trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: EK trade

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I don't understand your reasoning quite a bit of the time. If you know you're going to continue to make these bad trades why bother getting on here and asking for opinions? Sometimes big swings simply result in strike outs. The point you may end up proving is that you're not very good at fantasy hockey.
    Prior to posting this topic, he had already completed this trade and offered EK to me in another deal. He’s not really looking for advice, more-so reassurance. He’s most certainly a character.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ex_factor View Post
    Prior to posting this topic, he had already completed this trade and offered EK to me in another deal. He’s not really looking for advice, more-so reassurance. He’s most certainly a character.
    Interesting info. Thanks.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

I don't understand your reasoning quite a bit of the time. If you know you're going to continue to make these bad trades why bother getting on here and asking for opinions? Sometimes big swings simply result in strike outs. The point you may end up proving is that you're not very good at fantasy hockey.
    Because a group of people thinks its a bad trade doesnt make it one.

More importantly asking for feedback doesnt in anyway make it a requrement for me to act on that feedback.

There are also some posters whose opinion I value more than others. I know the echo chamber posters when i see them and Ill continue to disregard those opinions because I knew them before Iposted. As soon as I said EK it was a loss for that group.

Im not even hearing consensus from this group. Theres half forcing the EK is trash narrative and half going "well shessh thats an awful ot on top".

Does that clear thngs up for you? Tbh Im not overly concerned if it does but I figured Id try :P

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Because a group of people thinks its a bad trade doesnt make it one.

More importantly asking for feedback doesnt in anyway make it a requrement for me to act on that feedback.

There are also some posters whose opinion I value more than others. I know the echo chamber posters when i see them and Ill continue to disregard those opinions because I knew them before Iposted. As soon as I said EK it was a loss for that group.

Im not even hearing consensus from this group. Theres half forcing the EK is trash narrative and half going "well shessh thats an awful ot on top".

Does that clear thngs up for you? Tbh Im not overly concerned if it does but I figured Id try :P
    I win a lot more leagues than I lose- and even the people that dont like me will look at their shoes and kick the dirt when you ask them if I win (aka I do). I dont really care what i prove on here- is that important?

The Great One

Speaking of an echo chamber...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Speaking of an echo chamber...
    Thats great insight...

The Great One

Thats great insight...
    Not sure what that means.

If you want to get an idea of what people think of a trade you've already made then just say that. Posting about a trade you've already made as if it's one you are considering and then trying to justify it when people tell you not to do it is just...well annoying. People aren't big on playing these games. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's simple really.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I win a lot more leagues than I lose
    Sorry, I don't want to derail your topic here, but can you substantiate this claim?

The Great One

I guess what I meant is this: do you have anything to say in regard to the trade at this point or has this become personal like the other guy running aorund posting in here- because if its that Im going to just block you- Ive learned better than to sink time into these things.

I didnt post the trade for "emotional validation" or whatever hes saying- its embarassing I even have to address that. I posted it got a coyuple responses and made the trade later that night. Thats usually how i work. If theres no apparent bomb going off I usually make my move. I knew thered be resistance so when that trickled in it was fine.

I unblocked him for second to see what the ruckus is. Is this who you want to be affiliated with. hes turning a post asking for advice into a pissing contest about how many leagues Ive won. Ive been on these boards for 15 years and I get PMs all the time from people Ive helped who say they appreciate the insight/opinion Ive give- thats all the validation I need. At this point Ive accepted I just have to tune ths nonsense out. So are your posts nonsense or insight? Do you have anything to say about this trade?? The sick part is you cant really say its all that horrible- its a really weird spot to make your stand on...

And if the next post is just some holier than thou gobblety gook telling me how you think Ishould post just save us both the time and move on. Ihavent even heard a great argument about why its bad outside of "we said so"

The Great One

If you want to get an idea of what people think of a trade you've already made then just say that. Posting about a trade you've already made as if it's one you are considering and then trying to justify it when people tell you not to do it is just...well annoying. People aren't big on playing these games. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's simple really.
    It shouldnt be annoying- uits a free internet I can post whatever I want. Im getting the sense that it annoys you that Im not acting on said advice and again thats your issue. I get a lot from this site and sometimes its just what the general consnsus is- in this case EK is garbage until we say differently- which is fine but I dont have to act o n it. I also get other posters who look past that and give a more thoughtful answer. Some agree with the trade,some dont- but Im not willing to settle for EK is garbage thats not a great argument or thought premise.Im taking big swings in this league and EK presents that kind of opportunity- The extras I got were enormous. If youre annoyed plaese take it up with someone else- Im donr indulging your annoyance.

The Great One

Ok ok. I admire your enthusiasm. I never said EK was garbage at all. All I said was the trade stunk. Josi is the better play in my opinion. I'll just refrain from posting thoughts on any further trade threads for you and that way we don't upset each other.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Seeing as sites like Fantrax and Yahoo keep records of your results, it would extremely easy to provide evidence to support your claim of “winning A LOT more leagues than you lose”... but since you completely dodged the question, it’s pretty evident that you’re lying. Don’t ******** and challenge someone, and then turn around and claim the other person tried to start a pissing contest.

In regards to this trade... ironically, I feel it may be the best deal you’ve swung in this league so far... but that’s not saying much. I believe Karlsson can have a 60+ point pace season, while Toffoli can put up 20+ goals, and Quinn is a nice prospect... that said, you lost the best player in the deal, and the cap implications are horrible for you... once Fantrax updates the salaries, you’re gonna be WAY over the cap... so much so that straight up dropping someone like Zucc won’t be enough to fix it... in a vacuum the deal is somewhere between okay and bad... given your team’s needs, it’s bordering awful. The worst part about it is you probably could have gotten better value from Josi had you fielded other offers for him, rather than rushing into this one... and don’t deny it was rushed, as within literal minutes of making the deal, you had already sent me an offer involving EK... you need to slow down and actually think about your moves. The dobber forums can’t save you if you only come to them after the fact.

The Great One

This was one of the best trades I made that year. I appreciate your posts but maybe something to consider when you echo that I'm in a never ending rebuild. The forum echoed it was universally bad and it was a huge win...

More to the point - im not just bragging here i get some right i get some wrong- you asked why id ask for advice and not act on it? One its a good barometer of where popular opinio is at. Two a very negative response has made me reconsider in the past. It didn't this time luckily but just because I didn't go with the board does t mean I always won't. Three it sometimes illuminates issues I didn't see- in this case salary was not my steong suit so the extra insight that way was helpful.

I think its crazy to think a forum which is essentially just the most popular opinion will always be the right way to go. That league was filled with very opinionated dobber readers so it would have been impossible to make any real gains outside of a more contrarian perspective. Last point- we are wrong as fans so often its crazy- from tage Thompsons breakout to all the can't miss guys who missed badly- do you actually think- bearing that hit rate in mind that its really all that heretical to bet against the board a few times a year? I think you have to and with how much we get wrong i think it speaks to how much you cave to social pressure Moreso tha it would I donate any level of critical thinking.

Just something to think about. I appreciate your opinions and insight where you give it but im just saying if people don't follow it I wouldn't say its flabbergasting thats all. Merry Xmas and happy holidays to you and yours!

The Great One

I didn't see this one lol! Man you're better than that- you're gonna be offended cause someone doesn't agree with your take? Its a place for discussion and discourse! I'm gonna assume you were just having a bad day here. I'm gonna forgive that nad at fantasy hockey stuff too- I mean hypothetically if I was- isn't this exactly where I'm supposed to be anyways??

The Great One

Love posts from 2+ years ago. Merry Christmas!
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: