Thread: Nico Daws or Dustin Wolf?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Nico Daws or Dustin Wolf?

Who is the better goalie to have long-term in a Dynasty Keeper league.

General scoring, goalies fairly highly coveted so looking at drafting one here in rookie draft.

Or alternatively, others available are:

Erik Portillo
    Jonas Johansson
    Ivan Prosvetov
    Matiss Kivlenieks
    Hunter Miska
    Keith Petruzzelli
    Jan Bednar
    Tyler Wall

(Plus some skaters such as Jan Jenik, Alexander Khovanov, Noel Gunler, Jamieson Rees, Shane Pinto)

Thanks a ton, struggling with this one as it's my last pick to make unless I trade for more (roster quite full though and figured goalies are tougher to come by so should target a G rather than a F)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Nico Daws or Dustin Wolf?

My preference is probably Prosvetov from those three but prospect goalies are such a hard thing to judge.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Dustin Wolf / Nico Daws / Ivan Prosvetov / Or Other?

If you know the answer to this, you can have a career in the NHL as a scout. No one can predict how goalies will do next year let alone over the length of their careers.

With that said I would have Wolf, Daws and Prosvetov as the top 3 from that list.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah, didn't think there would be a consensus (so far). You both said it - tough to judge 18-20 year old goalies. I'll throw something at the wall and see if it's still sticking in 2-3 years haha

Dobber Sports Veteran

I kind of like Jonas Johansson of the names you mentioned. If he becomes an NHLer at all his best chance is this coming season. If he falters, drop him but at least you won't be holding onto a guy for 4 years only to end up with the same result.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm playing the long game (or a longer game) on this one as I have Vasi/Demko holding down the fort with Martin Jones as a 3rd.

But yeah, goalies seem to be a c-shoot until they develop further, at which time you have to pay out the yin-yang to acquire one!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm taking all those skaters that you listed over the goalies. But if you are set on a goalie I'd rank them Wolf>Prosvetov>Johansson>Daws>the rest.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Give me Jenik from that list.In 2 years, I feel you'll be able to trade him for a NHL goalie. Gunler second.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Give me Jenik from that list.In 2 years, I feel you'll be able to trade him for a NHL goalie. Gunler second.
    I think Jenik gets a full time look in 2021-22. Kid's a good player and tough. Arizona has nothing stopping him in the system

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Prosvetov
    Johansson
    Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys. Went with Wolf here but also was able to take Jenik, so win-win all around. Got a good F and a project G which was my aim. Didn't feel taking 2 "what-if" goalies was the best call. Could have done Jenik/Gunler but wanted/needed a potential future G.

Cheers

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Hank n Dank View Post
    Thanks guys. Went with Wolf here but also was able to take Jenik, so win-win all around. Got a good F and a project G which was my aim. Didn't feel taking 2 "what-if" goalies was the best call. Could have done Jenik/Gunler but wanted/needed a potential future G.

Cheers
    Very nice