Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best guess on everyone's top 5 goalies to own this upcoming (most likely) shorten season.

The Great One

Default Re: Best guess on everyone's top 5 goalies to own this upcoming (most likely) shorten season.

Vasilevskiy- Perpetual front runner until someone truly steps up to challenge him or the bolts.
    Hellboy- Close second- I always forget about him but hes the man!
    Lehner- Just a beastly signing- will be gold in LV.
    Shesterkin- Yes he makes the list already- Georgiev is a clear backup
    Hart- This was close but age and team situation give him the edge.

Honorable mentions:

Binnington- merely average but on a superb team.
    Samsonov- Probably on the list next year.
    Sorokin- So, so, so talented but I think Varlamov doesnt go off quietly into that good night ala Rinne
    Markstrom- Just have to see if hes a fit in Calgary and I think he will be
    Demko- Giddyup Vancouver- I think "insert that goalie who they just signed name here" is just protection from the Seattle draft. (Holtby)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Best guess on everyone's top 5 goalies to own this upcoming (most likely) shorten season.

1. Vasy
    2. Helley
    3. Pricey - someone already mentioned in the thread that MTL is gonna be in O-zone a lot. I am not fully in agreement, but the team is better now and Carey is due for one of two things... a huge year with better than .925 sv% or a long stretch on IR. I have him as this year's #3 G because I believe it will be the former.
    4. Lehnery
    5. Shesterkiny
    6. Marky (wanted to add #6 because I own 4, 5, and 6 here and can't decide which to keep, UGH)
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Stud

So I’m guessing that ALL the GKs that have been listed above are already out - your keeping Jarry has to mean something. So, second tier: think good teams with 1A/1B where you might get both? Grubauer/Francouz. Demko/Holtby Varlamov/Sorokin. Merzlikins/Korpisalo. Some of those are defensive teams, where you rationally know at least one of them will do well.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Stud

And if you get the 1A/1B combo, you can shop Jarry.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Helle
    Vasil
    Hart
    Andersen
    Markstrom
    Tough to whittle it down to 5 as the top 2 are really the only sure things but I like this one.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

I see tons of votes for Lenher. Don't you think he will splits 50/50 with Fleury?

The NHL was thinking having lots of back to back match-ups, even in the same day.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post
    I see tons of votes for Lenher. Don't you think he will splits 50/50 with Fleury?

The NHL was thinking having lots of back to back match-ups, even in the same day.
    As a Lehner owner it worries me, but the coach loves him and doesnt like MAF's style of play. Too active in the net. Lehner got some b2b starts, although I wonder about his conditioning. Anyways, the contract assures him probably 60%+ of the starts, all going well.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Icon

None of these guys (except maybe Vas) will get more than 60% of the starts in a condensed season.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

The Great One

We'll call it "the year of the handcuff".
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Didn't seem to be an issue in the playoffs. I do agree that the upcoming season will be a funky one with lots of B2Bs so sharetime goalies will be important.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Other than Vasilevskiy and Hellebuyck, I feel goalie projections are a crap shoot.

Any of the following could be top 5 next season:

Binnington
    Andersen
    Kuemper
    Shesterkin
    Hart
    Price
    Markstrom
    Rask

And I'm certainly missing a few more contenders for top 5. I wouldn't feel comfortable picking any sure-fire top 5 goalies, besides the top 2.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

Isn't Lehner supposed to miss significant time due to injury?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Initiate

Lenher is supposed to be back on track when the season kick's in (Rotoworld report).

Btw, lot of people are high on Kurmper. Doesn't he splitts the load with Raanta?

The Great One

Lenher is supposed to be back on track when the season kick's in (Rotoworld report).

Btw, lot of people are high on Kurmper. Doesn't he splitts the load with Raanta?
    yeah, I just read that about Lehner. Good news for him. I thought it was a longer-term injury.

I don't see Kuemper "splitting" starts with Raanta, though Raanta is certainly an above-average back up, both in terms of salary and talent. With a condensed season, Raanta could certainly play a fair number of games. However, I think that will be the situation for most goalies next year. I mean, even Montreal brought in (and extended) Allen, with I can only surmise the intent of playing him more than Price's recent backup goalies.

In leagues that don't enable you to own or start a tandem goalie (like mine), it is going to be a difficult year to accumulate goalie points. If I look through the entire NHL, there are very few goalies I think that will play more than 60% of their team's games.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    yeah, I just read that about Lehner. Good news for him. I thought it was a longer-term injury.

I don't see Kuemper "splitting" starts with Raanta, though Raanta is certainly an above-average back up, both in terms of salary and talent. With a condensed season, Raanta could certainly play a fair number of games. However, I think that will be the situation for most goalies next year. I mean, even Montreal brought in (and extended) Allen, with I can only surmise the intent of playing him more than Price's recent backup goalies.

In leagues that don't enable you to own or start a tandem goalie (like mine), it is going to be a difficult year to accumulate goalie points. If I look through the entire NHL, there are very few goalies I think that will play more than 60% of their team's games.
    I like Kuemper a lot but injuries are a big concern for him so I wont be surprised to see Raanta play a fair number of games, either because Kuemper is hurt again, or they are trying to alleviate the injury potential.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."