Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best guess on everyone's top 5 goalies to own this upcoming (most likely) shorten season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Best guess on everyone's top 5 goalies to own this upcoming (most likely) shorten season.

I'll echo the consensus here.
    Vas, Hellebuyck, Hart... for me... clear top 3... in that order.
    Price is still Price, so he's right there too.

Binnington, IMO, getting too much love.
    STL without AP... this is going to be a different team.
    Krug is a nice offensive addition... but the shots against WILL rise and so will the GA.

Give me Lehner, VGK... as the #5.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Best guess on everyone's top 5 goalies to own this upcoming (most likely) shorten season.

Late to the party here.

I have Vas and Hart as the clear 1 and 2, and even though I think Helle will take a step back because I just don't think Winnipeg will be that good, he's #3 due to volume.

In the short season volume is going to play a huge role so that makes Markstrom an easy 4 for me. #5 is a toss up between every legitimate starter who clearly also have a legitimate 1B (Tor, Dal, Bos, Was, NYR) and Kuemper. But I'm going Kuemper.

1. Vas
    2. Hart
    3. Helle
    4. Markstrom
    5. Kuemper

The Great One

Biggest steals for this coming season...
    What they bring vs. where they end up drafted...
    Merzlikins
    Price
    Driedger
    Demko
    Ullmark

Upcoming biggest busts for where they are drafted...
    Markstrom
    Holtby
    Rask
    Binnington
    Bobrovsky
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Late to the party here.

I have Vas and Hart as the clear 1 and 2, and even though I think Helle will take a step back because I just don't think Winnipeg will be that good, he's #3 due to volume.

In the short season volume is going to play a huge role so that makes Markstrom an easy 4 for me. #5 is a toss up between every legitimate starter who clearly also have a legitimate 1B (Tor, Dal, Bos, Was, NYR) and Kuemper. But I'm going Kuemper.

1. Vas
    2. Hart
    3. Helle
    4. Markstrom
    5. Kuemper
    If you're talking about volume, how can Binnington not be in your top five? Who else is starting there? Husso? I dont think so.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

I think Vasilevski and TB take a big step back in the regular season. They won their cup and they did it while not having a great regular season. They conserve energy during the next regular season to go for the repeat.

With that said, my top 5 goalies for next season are:

Lehner (I still think Fleury gets traded)
    Rask (he wants redemption for having to leave the bubble)
    Hart
    Lundqvist
    Jarry
    HM: Vasilevski, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I think Vasilevski and TB take a big step back in the regular season. They won their cup and they did it while not having a great regular season. They conserve energy during the next regular season to go for the repeat.

With that said, my top 5 goalies for next season are:

Lehner (I still think Fleury gets traded)
    Rask (he wants redemption for having to leave the bubble)
    Hart
    Lundqvist
    Jarry
    HM: Vasilevski, Hellebuyck
    Honestly curious if this is a troll or you really believe this? If not a troll, can you explain why you think Lundqvist and Jarry are anywhere close to ahead of Vas and Helle?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Hazardous1717 View Post
    Honestly curious if this is a troll or you really believe this? If not a troll, can you explain why you think Lundqvist and Jarry are anywhere close to ahead of Vas and Helle?
    The poster did explain why he feels Vasilevskiy won't be top 5 next year.

That said, definitely a bold prediction to have Lundqvist and Jarry ahead of Vasilevskiy and Hellebuyck, but stranger things have happened.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you're talking about volume, how can Binnington not be in your top five? Who else is starting there? Husso? I dont think so.
    I just think the bubble has burst on him and I expect struggles this year. Especially with no AP.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I just think the bubble has burst on him and I expect struggles this year. Especially with no AP.
    Maybe, but he's going to get his starts thats for sure. I might be crazy, but I am still a believer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Hazardous1717 View Post
    I think Winnipeg is going to be even worse defensively than they were last year. Hellebuyck's last 5 years have been a great year than a poor year than a great year than a poor year than a great year. That tells me that he's due for a poor year.

I have always been a believer in Jarry dating back to his days with the Edmonton Oil Kings. He was a better goalie than Laurent Brossoit when he was 16. I think he's going to show even more this year than he did last year. He's going to get the playing time and Pittsburgh will be better than they were last season.

Lundqvist has lots to prove after not getting the start in an elimination game. He's going to be extremely motivated to prove himself after the Rangers embarrassed him this off-season. Washington knows its window to win is closing quickly so if Lundqvist performs like he can, he will be given as many games as he can handle.