Thread: [Re-Signed] Canucks sign Jake Virtanen to a two-year contract with an AAV of $2.55 million

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default [Re-Signed] Canucks sign Jake Virtanen to a two-year contract with an AAV of $2.55 million

Canucks sign Jake Virtanen to a two-year contract with an AAV of $2.55 million
    https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status...121191427?s=19
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: [Re-Signed] Canucks sign Jake Virtanen to a two-year contract with an AAV of $2.55 million

Actually less than what most expected...time for shotgun Jake to prove he has what it takes and that he can actually adapt his game to what the team needs.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Great One

Default [RE-SIGNED] Virtanen $5.1mil

2yrs @$2.55mil AAV. Good for both.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/20...5-1-m-contract
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: [Re-Signed] Canucks sign Jake Virtanen to a two-year contract with an AAV of $2.55 million

Man, I fully expected Virtanen to be traded based on JB's end of year comments.. coupled with the MacEwen comments

Is this because Van wants him or is it another example of JB's seemingly inept ability to make this type of deal? Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter... the list kinda goes on.

What I'm excited to see now is a Virtanen - Gaudette - Hawryluk line.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I doubt it's got a NMC or NTC so a trade is still quite possible. It's certainly an attractive contract.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

It's better than I expected as well. Not by much, but still better. I figured he'd be in the $2.7-$3M range.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hmmm. Going to have to watch Virtanen closer I guess.
    This seems a little rich to me. I thought he should have come in under Mangiapane's deal.

Dobber Sports Ace

He was on pace for 21G - 21 A , 43 pts , 180 shots and 120 hits playing 13 Mins a game...

He's improved each season and if we wash his 1st season ( because he was rushed) then the next season could be considered his 4th yr breakout and with 15 mins a gme he could pyentially have a : 25-25 -50 , 200 shots , 150 hits!!
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Jedi

Virtanen has the skills and ability to be better than Toffoli.
    the problem with him has always been between his ears & his level of commitment.

he doesn't seem to have that laser like focus that Brad Marchand like never turn off compete level he needs to have.

If he has 20 shifts in a game. 2-3 are really good, one will be great. He'll disappear for 10 and then have 4-5 that gets him benched for the final 5 min of a game or even get healthy scratched.

Greene has been so damn patient with him. coached in him Utica for an eternity trying to remove head from @ss there as well.

At least this past season Virtanen came to camp in the best shape of his life - he was still above the expected weight he was given.
    you see signs of life in him. When play resumed before the playoffs. Virtanen had a horrible scrimmage. Greene couldn't even gloss over it in the post-interview.
    Virtanen knew he played like crap. This is where we're seeing his mentality change... molasses like slow.

Greene was not happy with the effort of a lot of players so he bag skated them afterward.
    Virtanen went out and buried everyone to a player on that bag skate. he was holding himself accountable. Two years ago, he lumbers in the bottom half of that pack pissed about the skate and not fully aware of his on-ice performance.

There is 30-30 potential there. This 2yr deal gives him a chance to get there.
    he hasn't done enough, consistently enough to stay in the top 6. With Toffoli gone, the opening is there. he needs to step up and grab it before they bring in someone else and it's gone for good... and likely so is he.
    This could turn into a hugely value deal for Van if he can correct the above issues.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: [RE-SIGNED] Virtanen $5.1mil

Whered all the comments Go?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Virtanen has the skills and ability to be better than Toffoli.
    the problem with him has always been between his ears & his level of commitment.

There is 30-30 potential there. This 2yr deal gives him a chance to get there.
    he hasn't done enough, consistently enough to stay in the top 6. With Toffoli gone, the opening is there. he needs to step up and grab it before they bring in someone else and it's gone for good... and likely so is he.
    This could turn into a hugely value deal for Van if he can correct the above issues.
    Agreed , word is he's all ready training with Myers away from Van and distractions... \He said J.T Miller really woke him up and inspired him... fingers toes and eyes crossed.

I said he was rushed , next year could be 4th year break out if u wash 1st season 25 - 25 - 50 , 200 shots , 150 hits with 15 mins a game

Danton Heinen gets 2.8 M and scores 10 goals , dosntr shoot , not physical... Great Deal for Jake and his potential

The Great One

Default Re: [RE-SIGNED] Virtanen $5.1mil

Someone posted this in the keeper forwards section too. It’s there. Mods may want to combine them...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: