Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dahlin or Gaudreau?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Dahlin or Gaudreau?

I understand positional scarcity, but aren’t we getting a little carried away on Dahlin’s potential here? That’s all it is right now is potential. Maybe one day he’ll be a top d man, but how do we know it will be so soon? Dmen take longer to reach their breakthrough, big men take even longer, and big dmen even longer. Hedman didn’t have his big breakthrough until his 8th season, how long did Chara take to hit his stride? Let’s not let the hype cloud reality here. One guys best season is 99 points, the others is 44. There’s a reason why Johnny is number 12 in Dobbers keeper rankings while dahlin is 97

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dahlin and it's not even remotely close for me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Edit: Only clicked show last, didn't read the 1st post. Oops.

Dahlin could have a big year with Hall in BUF and Olofsson another year older (and healthy)

Long-term Dahlin for sure as a keeper - I think they've been focusing on his Dzone play and holding back the O a bit. Once they unleash him he'll be a huge 2-way force, 1st PP, etc.
    Can also depend what they can put around him (if Hall stays, if Eichel stays long-term or wants out, etc.) as BUF isn't the hottest destination to go to, but that doesn't take away from his talent and potential.

The argument could maybe, maaaybe be had for this year to keep JG over RD, however come next season and beyond it should be RD all the way.
    Last edited by Hank n Dank; October 23, 2020 at 3:23 PM. Reason: Oopsies

Dobber Sports Sage

Dahlin will break out this year. Hold him if ya got him, buy him if ya dont.