Thread: Rittich?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Rittich?

Do you guys think he stays CGY backup after the last 2 seasons? Last year of his contract, seems to be a good candidate for a trade by CGY since they also signed Domingue....

Chicago would be a good landing spot....

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Rittich?

they may leave him exposed for expansion...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Administrator

He'll do fine as their backup for this year

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would think they keep all 3. Rittich is a known commodity, and is at least a decent backup. Domingue is a guy who's ranged from average to awful in the NHL; Rittich has never been close to as bad as Domingue.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I would think they keep all 3. Rittich is a known commodity, and is at least a decent backup. Domingue is a guy who's ranged from average to awful in the NHL; Rittich has never been close to as bad as Domingue.
    So, Rittich hasn’t earn a starting job even with the last 2 seasons in CGY? He’s UFA next year...I would suppose he will test the market....maybe I’m wrong too....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    So, Rittich hasn’t earn a starting job even with the last 2 seasons in CGY? He’s UFA next year...I would suppose he will test the market....maybe I’m wrong too....
    i think lots will depend on his performance this year...i think this is first time he will be a true back up so it most likely means tough assignments too...we will see how he does.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

He's been okay, He had the starting job in Calgary for spurts and was league average. So to earn a clear starting role, he needs to be better than that, or have somebody believe in him.

Malcolm Subban has earned multiple backup jobs, and is now apparently the favorite to start in Chicago; that's based on the trade to get him, and what's being reported. I'm pretty convinced he's an AHL goalie, but people dream on his athleticism - Vegas did it, and now Chicago.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Talk about a fall from grace. Great guy too.
    Lesson here: Don't tempt the hockey Gods.

He completely lost his mojo after the stick flip against the Oilers. Mock me all you want, but he just hasn't been the same goalie since that incident.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post

Malcolm Subban has earned multiple backup jobs,
    Or in other words, no one wants Subban enough to actually keep him as their backup.

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Or in other words, no one wants Subban enough to actually keep him as their backup.
    Almost - somebody always seems to want him, and Chicago is the latest candidate - I mean victim! I'm bullish on Delia because of the lack of an impediment in Subban.

Dobber Sports Jedi

We're looking at a really condensed schedule this year if/when the NHL gets underway. Having a legit #2 that can play 30+ games is more necessary than ever for this upcoming season.
    They won't move him.

Similar to the Leafs & Dell, Domingue was brought in as a vet 3rd G option in case of injury
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't think he's a starter, more of a good back-up who was lucky enough to land the starter as there wasn't much opposition for the job in Calgary so he played a lot behind a good team, but maybe he tries to test the market to see if he could get himself a starter role on another team next year... who knows
    Team-1
    F: MacKinnon, Panarin, Marner, Pettersson, Debrincat, Seguin, Laine, Pacioretty, e.Lindholm, Nugent-Hopkins, Burakovsky, Tarasenko, Marchessault (13 counting)
    Olofsson, W.Karlsson, Yamamoto, Denisenko, McMichael, Lapierre, Jenik, Chinakhov

D: Josi, Makar, McAvoy, Dahlin, Ellis (5 counting)
    J.Ahcan

G: Hart, Markstrom (2 counting)
    Gibson
    Points only, No salary cap, 1pt/goal, 1pt/assist, 2pts for a goalie W, +3 points for a shutout, 1pt for an overtime L.