Thread: Puljujarvi for Gusev and Tarasov(CBJ)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Puljujarvi for Gusev and Tarasov(CBJ)

The owner of puljujarvi has approached me with this offer. Gusev started slow last year but really came on after the hall trade. He will be a lock for top 6 and top power play. Tarasov is a developing goalie who has shown promise but is a goalie years away. The question is Puljujarvi worth the gamble??
    14 teams Full Dyansty.Points-G/A3.5,Plus/Minus(1/-1),PIM .5,PPP 2, Blocks .5,GWG 3,Hits .25. Goalies- Wins 3, Saves .15, SHO 6. 20 Roster: 3C,3RW,3 LW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2Goalie starts C: Stutzle,Aho,Petterson. RW:Guentzel, Marner, Boldy, Hagel, Jarvis. LW:Laine, Draisaitl,Kaprizov, Huberdeau. D:Hedman,Dahlin,Heiskanen, Boqvist. G:Vas,Helly, Sorokin. Prospects​: Denisenko,Raty,Morrow,Lambert, Askerov, Wallsteadt.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Puljujarvi for Gusev and Tarasov(CBJ)

In my opinion, yes. It’s a gamble but he could end up staples to one (or both) of the big two. That would be fantasy magic!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Icon

I would take the gamble I think. He’s been scorned and should have some fire in the belly.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't think Tarasov will amount to much, so for me it's Gusev for Puljujarvi. I think Puljujarvi will end up on the line with either McDavid or Draisaitl and should be 1/2 PPG next year with long term potential for more. Gusev had a nice year but it was his first in the league and NJ are a few years away from being competitive.
    I prefer the potential of Puljujarvi more than what Gusev has done, so I'd do the deal.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Sage

What could you pick up in free agency? That might sway me one way or the other. I am high on Tarasov and he has been very good in his first 2 starts in the KHL this season. All the experts say he has all the tools to be an elite goalie if he puts it together but he is several years away. I would lean towards not making the trade unless there was a decent prospect I could pick up.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

For next 2 years you shoudl treat this trade as Gusev for Pulj...once Tarasov makes it and is good you may regret it but i think there as at least as much of a chance he wont make it at all as it its that he will be a good starter somewhere.

So Gusev for Pulj i think i like what Pulj brings more, he is a shooting machine, he plays a bit more physical now than he used too...i like whole package more + i think he was promised to play with on of the top two guys and top PP unit at least to start the season. I think they had to promise that to get him to sign. If he keeps the job or not is entirely up to him imo.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'd keep Gusev at this point. Puljujarvi was just terrible in his 139 NHL games. He had better parts of 3 seasons to show something. He didn't. Gusev will get you more points this year.

I...am your father.

I think if Puljujarvi came in and went nuts, posting 60 points and exceeding all expectations, I would still rather have Gusev. Let alone if Puljujarvi was still an unknown - which he very much is.
    Gusev was a 62-point player in the second half in his first NHL season. It's fair to say that he will improve on that and his upside is frankly higher than Puljujarvi's. Furthermore, I like Tarasov. So this is a hard no.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

I think Puljujarvi is going to surprise a lot of people this year. He has shown amazing chemistry with McDavid in the past (check out their xGF% instead of their GF%) and the Oilers don't have any other RWers. He's also 2 years older than when he left and he's a big guy. His confidence will also be sky high coming off dominating the Liiga.

With that said, he's not going to be on PP1 as he's not really a net front guy at this point in his career and all of the other forward positions are locked down with McDavid, RNH and Draisaitl. Because of this Puljujarvi tops out at 55 points this season while Gusev could be a 70 point guy with PP1 time. I would stick with Gusev.

Administrator

I prefer Gusev over Puljujarvi

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

I'll take my chances with Gusev .

Dobber Sports Novice

Gusev side for me here. And it isn’t close