Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chicago officially rebuilding.....

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Chicago officially rebuilding.....

A letter sent to fans.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Chicago officially rebuilding.....

Toews is going to be so pleased when he hears this.

The Great One

Hopefully he received an advance copy?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

My only question is, why did they feel a letter was helpful? We already knew everything it said. Sure, teams are lining up to take Toews (10.5 M), Keith (5.4 M), Seabrook (6.88 M), Andrew Shaw (3.9 M). The difference between the Rangers’ rebuild and Chicago’s?? Rangers HAD assets they could move, Hawks have Patrick Kane. And they won’t.

Oh, and a second and first overall draft pick in successive years didn’t hurt.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't understand why this was such big news for Toews and the rest of the gang. It's pretty clear which way this team is trending. I don't think a full rebuild is needed but they definitely need to start changing the old guard. Unfortunately the old guard are on expensive contracts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

This is purely marketing. It's the owners way of saying we are terrible but here's an excuse. Keep buying our stuff and coming to our games when that is possible again. I doubt the GM really changes anything.

The Great One

All this does seem a bit much over trading Saad and not signing Crawford.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    My only question is, why did they feel a letter was helpful? We already knew everything it said. Sure, teams are lining up to take Toews (10.5 M), Keith (5.4 M), Seabrook (6.88 M), Andrew Shaw (3.9 M). The difference between the Rangers’ rebuild and Chicago’s?? Rangers HAD assets they could move, Hawks have Patrick Kane. And they won’t.

Hey getting Dach at 3 was a major boone. Don't forget about that.

Administrator

The Rangers did this and people liked it so now everyone has to do it

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The Rangers did this and people liked it so now everyone has to do it
    Exactly. When you have no new ideas.....

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post

The reason the Hawks did this was because they were getting CRUSHED on social media in Chicago. Not only did they send out a letter but Bowman did several interviews after being silent for months. He wasn't even at the press conference when they brought in Zadorov. Overall, fans have no confidence in Bowman and rightfully feel that the team has been rudderless for a while. The Hawks were negotiating with Crawford up until the day before free agency and even kicked the tires on Murray before deciding to go with a youth movement. We are more decisive with our fantasy teams than Bowman has been with the Hawks. Then, they didn't communicate this new direction with Toews and Co so you had all the articles about the core being pissed. Today was all about spin control.

The problem with what the Hawks are doing is that Toews, Kane, and Keith probably will keep the team from being bottom-5 bad in the league. Plus, they have Dach, Strome, Kubalik and a couple other pieces so they will stay within sight of the playoffs if Delia isn't horrible. They really needed to tank against Edmonton and get either Rossi or Perfetti to get their rebuild going. Dark years ahead in Chicago. Glad I get Center Ice and watch the rest of the league.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; October 21, 2020 at 8:33 AM. Reason: missed words
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    The problem with what the Hawks are doing is that Toews, Kane, and Keith probably will keep the team from being bottom-5 bad in the league.
    Two words: healthy scratch. Especially the latter too. If they don't want to leave Chicago, let them watch games for three years.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't understand why this was such big news for Toews and the rest of the gang. It's pretty clear which way this team is trending. I don't think a full rebuild is needed but they definitely need to start changing the old guard. Unfortunately the old guard are on expensive contracts.
    Denial isn't just a river in Africa.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

trade Toews and Kane to Minnesota for Dumba + EK + Rask + Boldy + Sturm + there 2/ 1st's in 21.
    24 Team Dynasty, H2H , NHL Salaries & Cap 94M$.
    3C , 3R , 3L, 4D, 1SKT, 2G , 4B , 5Farm
    G,A,SPT,HT,BLK,SHOTS,FOW... W,SV,SV%,GAA

C: E.Kuznetsov. B.Neilson, B.Hayton
    LW: J.Huberdeau, J.Kyrou, D.Heinen
    RW: J.Virtanen, V.Hinostraza, E.Tolvanen
    D: C.Makar, T.Chabot, M.Dumba, M.Matheson,
    SKT:C.Sissons
    G: B.Bishop, A.Raanta
    B: A.Anisimov, C.Fischer, T.Pitlick, A.Martinez, N.Zaitsev
    Farm: V.Kravtsov, J.Gauthier, R.Lavoie, I.Konovalov, M.Berdin

2021 picks: 2/1'st , 3/2nd's

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Denial isn't just a river in Africa.
    True enough.

Either way, if Toews and Kane think this team is trending in the right direction, or at least holding on to playoff hopes, they are kidding themselves. Father time wins all battles.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."