Thread: Tua Time

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Tua Time

Pretty surprised by this. Fitzpatrick has been solid and they're 3-3 and definitely in the playoff picture right now.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-to...ng-quarterback

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tua Time

What does he have, 10TDs, 7INT, 2 rushing TDs?

He's been good, nothing special, but he's been actually a solid QB. BUT, I suspect this was planned from week 1. They played the Jets then a bye week, I'd think they were planning this all along.

The way Fitz looked after being pulled, it looked like he knew of this and was just so happy to see the kid in. He didn't seem shocked at all that Tua went in for the finish of the Jets game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

You're probably right. Because I'd say more than solid given that the three losses were relatively close ones to New England (21-11), Buffalo (31-28) and Seattle (31-23).

Dobber Sports Titan

Not to argue because I do think Fitz has been good for the team, but he's been 138/197 (70.1%), 1535 (255.8yrds/game), 10TDs, 7INT, 10sacks, QbR 82.5.

For a team that has their franchise QB there, healthy now, and was in a game moving looking well, I can understand the move.

I wouldn't do it tho. No one is yelling for Tua Time in Miami, I'd wait until Fitz has 2 bad games. But hey, name the young guy as a starter 2 weeks before his first game. Slow move of reporters not flooding him, gets to prepare to at a not-overwhelming-pace...and hey, maybe this was planned from day 1 and he's game planned for weeks.

Dobber Sports Star

Miami doesn't want to look bad for passing on Justin Herbert, who has already shown promising signs, in favor of Tua. Getting Tua out there and having him perform will make Miami's upper management feel better about themselves.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think it's a mistake. They are what, one game out of first place and they are going to put the pressure on a rookie?

I can see this not going well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Trade Fitzmagic to Dallas!!!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

Fitzpatrick always fades down the stretch. He's not going to carry this team to the playoffs. He has not been stellar in his play this season and not the future of the club.

Given the timing, this was obviously the plan all along for the Dolphins.

Dobber Sports Titan

Fitz spoke to the media today about it. He seems very hurt of this, but wasn't surprised by it (Said it was a if when, not an if situation). So maybe it wasn't planned, at least openly to the QBs.

He said he essentially got fired yesterday, and spent today on Zoom with the guy who fired him and with the guy who replaced him in the same room. I feel for that.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Fitz spoke to the media today about it. He seems very hurt of this, but wasn't surprised by it (Said it was a if when, not an if situation). So maybe it wasn't planned, at least openly to the QBs.

He said he essentially got fired yesterday, and spent today on Zoom with the guy who fired him and with the guy who replaced him in the same room. I feel for that.
    Yeah ya figured it was planned but it's brutal that the team didn't lend an indication that this would be the course.