Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hall vs Huberdeau

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Hall vs Huberdeau

10 team, G,A,PP and SHP.
    I had Huberdeau as a lock but the upside of Hall with Eichel has me second guessing.
    Thoughts? Hall has burned me before and Huberdeau finished last season cold.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Hall vs Huberdeau

I like Hall as well. Panthers let some good talent walk as FA so I think there will be an adjustment in point upside there.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Trade Hall, keep Huberdeau.

Huberdeau's cold finish to last season saw him pacing at ... 92 points, which he reached in 18-19.
    Hall's hart year, he scored 93 points. He only has one other 80 point season.

Hall is more injury prone, and less consistent with much more name value.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd sell high on the hype on Hall and see what you can get. Huberdeau is still a great player and less injury prone, you'll do better with him even with the exodus of talent from Florida. Hall might not stay in Buffalo.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Superstar

Huberdeau

Dobber Sports Deity

Is this a limited keeper type question? If so, what are the other options for keepers that you are looking at? Maybe you should be keeping both.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

I prefer Huberdeau
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is this a limited keeper type question? If so, what are the other options for keepers that you are looking at? Maybe you should be keeping both.
    Axe has a point.
    If you can't keep both though then I agree with the others saying trade the hype on Hall and sit back on the excellent production Hubs should bring.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

I also prefer Huberdeau to Hall.
    Dynasty Cats League: G A ESP STP SOG FOW HITS BLKS PIMS/GAA SVS SV% GPT3 (winsx2 +OT/S.O losses+shutouts)
    C:Matthews Seguin E.Lindholm Marchessault
    LW:B.Tkachuk K.Connor Vrana Hyman Iafallo Jones Milano
    RW:Kucherov M. Tkachuk Bjrokstrand Burakovsky Atkinson Bratt C.Stephenson
    D: OEL Pelech Murphy Cernak Dunn Maatta Gryzyleck M.Roy Vatanen
    G: Blackwood Korpisalo Campbell Kahkonen Petersen
    M: Byfield Lundell N.Roberston Kyrou Tomasino Pelletier Jenik Norris N.Foote Forester Nybeck Abramov Tracey Durzi Mahura Valimaki E. Andrae P.O. Joseph Ahcan

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hubs for me, the fact that panthers traded away some talent may actually benefit him...him and barkov dont need anybody else to create for them...they will get their usual points and a fact is that even more offense may go through them to compensate for lost talent... i still think they will find way to sign Hoffman btw

Also, Hall cleared 60 points 3 times in his carrier due to different reasons....same can be said about hubs but his carrier is 2 years younger and all 3 times came in last 3 years ... it took him a while but he arrived. Hall is so inconsistent, mostly due to injuries, but part of getting you fantasy points is being healthy..at some point you need to look at points per season and not PPG
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Both comparable indeed. I'd recommend trying to find a way to keep both (As per Axe and EB). But in a vacuum, I prefer Hall and his opportunity with Eichel over Hubs and Bark.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Axe has a point.
    If you can't keep both though then I agree with the others saying trade the hype on Hall and sit back on the excellent production Hubs should bring.
    Limited keepers but I’m set on my others. Just down to one of these two for the last spot.

Essentially I feel Huberdeau is safer and Hall is riskier with more potential upside. Hall has just disappointed in the past. Had he resigned in Arizona this would not be up for debate.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

With Hubs you are going to get what you figure you’ll get. A very good player who’s ceiling we’ve likely seen and is reachable again. But tends to underwhelm when he has you thinking there may be another level.

With Hall, he’s playing with the best Centre he’s ever had the opportunity to play with. Think of what happened to Marners game when Bozak was replaced with JT. Or flip side to that, what happened to JT’s numbers when he was surrounded by AM34, Marner, Nylander, Rielly vs the B talent in NYI for all those years.

Hall now has Eichel, Olafsson, Reinhart and Sone guy named Dahlin (oh, and RISTO).

debate away but I’m swinging for the fences here and taking Hall.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Hubs for me, the fact that panthers traded away some talent may actually benefit him...him and barkov dont need anybody else to create for them...they will get their usual points and a fact is that even more offense may go through them to compensate for lost talent... i still think they will find way to sign Hoffman btw

Also, Hall cleared 60 points 3 times in his carrier due to different reasons....same can be said about hubs but his carrier is 2 years younger and all 3 times came in last 3 years ... it took him a while but he arrived. Hall is so inconsistent, mostly due to injuries, but part of getting you fantasy points is being healthy..at some point you need to look at points per season and not PPG
    The injury rhetoric gets old, since 15/16 hall has played 70+ games in 3/5 seasons, 1 of the 2 he didn’t was the year he missed most of due to knee injury, and last year he was traded/season was cut short but I don’t recall any injuries last year. Give me Hall here, I’ll take the former mvp.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    With Hubs you are going to get what you figure you’ll get. A very good player who’s ceiling we’ve likely seen and is reachable again. But tends to underwhelm when he has you thinking there may be another level.

With Hall, he’s playing with the best Centre he’s ever had the opportunity to play with. Think of what happened to Marners game when Bozak was replaced with JT. Or flip side to that, what happened to JT’s numbers when he was surrounded by AM34, Marner, Nylander, Rielly vs the B talent in NYI for all those years.

Hall now has Eichel, Olafsson, Reinhart and Sone guy named Dahlin (oh, and RISTO).

debate away but I’m swinging for the fences here and taking Hall.
    I feel the same