Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Theodore / DeAngelo / Dahlin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Theodore / DeAngelo / Dahlin

The underlying numbers don't support the love-fest for Dahlin. His IPP was unsustainably high last year. The icetime shows that he hasn't earned the trust of Krueger yet. I'm taking Theodore for now and the future. He had his coming out party these playoffs and does have the trust of DeBoer to jump into the rush and handle the big powerplay minutes, even with Petro coming in.

Theodore
    Dahlin
    Deangelo

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Next year:

Theodore
    Dahlin
    DeAngelo

Long term:
    Dahlin
    Theodore
    DeAngelo

I feel that Dahlin, while eventually the best player of the 3, won't be there quite yet next year results-wise.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Recall Collin's excellent article on break outs and when to expect them. For D it seems to fall around that 400 games played mark...
    For special players like Makar and Hughes it's different. Dahlin is not quite in the same tier as those two.
    Theodore - 264 games played
    DeAngelo - 200 games played
    Dahlin - 141 games played

None of these guys have hit their stride. Theordore is closest. I'd give Dahlin at least another 100 games, which if they only 40-50 games this year is still 2 seasons away. Theodore would be my choice easily. He's going to hit that number sooner. Let Dahlin be decent but not great for another season and then grab him cheaper at that point. Fantasy GMs are notoriously impatient.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch